You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Celebrity Apprentice (USA) - , Enjoying it.  That Dion Warwick is a nasty bitch!

Caught a bit of this the other night. Fucking Meatloaf crying for some reason. Part funny, part cringe inducing whopper-ness 

I've actually got a few shows I could be watching..

Homeland, American Horror Story, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Lillyhammer, Battlestar Galactica, Deadwood, Mad Men, the Killing, Arrow and Constantine..

But instead I'm watching Awkward and Brooklyn Nine Nine.. neither of which are terrible, but they're not great either. Just tele you can watch half asleep

Caught a bit of this the other night. Fucking Meatloaf crying for some reason. Part funny, part cringe inducing whopper-ness 

Yeah not sure why he was crying.  I prefer Trump to Sugar though.

I was on about getting the box set and one of the lads at work said they same, he had gone back and watched a load and was really disappointed.

I rewatched a load recently and still really enjoyed them. It has definitely aged and you can't get a Blu Ray version as far as I know so it looks really dated especially on a big HD TV screen.

I didn't really enjoy the overarching alien storyline so I just cherry picked all my favourite one off episodes like Toombs, the black and white Frankenstein rip off, the one set in the freak show etc... And it's still got it.

Obviously the picture quality improves a little bit in later seasons.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I can understand people not liking it, some people don't like all sorts of shows for different reasons, but honestly can't understand the style over substance thing. Ah well, different strokes for different blokes, I guess.

I've actually got a few shows I could be watching..

Homeland, American Horror Story, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Lillyhammer, Battlestar Galactica, Deadwood, Mad Men, the Killing, Arrow and Constantine..

But instead I'm watching Awkward and Brooklyn Nine Nine.. neither of which are terrible, but they're not great either. Just tele you can watch half asleep

I reckon b99 is pretty damn good. Adam Sandburg should be annoying but he is hilarious with a superb cast of characters. It's one of the better comedies about at the moment.

From your list of potential shows there is some top quality in there.

Home land is shite though

Amh - season 1 & 2 are superb, 3 got a bit 'teen fiction' for me.

HoC - very very good but isn't as amazing as everyone says. Excellent style though.

Orange - superb

Lilyhammer - best of the lot proper laugh out loud moments

Battle star - amazing show Prob one of the best sci fi shows ever made

Mad men - annoying to some but it really is superb, is actually like to rewatxh the lot as there is loads that would hang together better if you didn't have to wait a year and forget so much.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It looks expensively made,but is no different than loads of other dramas that have been made.

It's a small channel, low budget drama.

I just hope you arent watching it for all the sweaty,semi naked men in tight shorts working out?

Why else would I watch it?

How many episodes are you in?

It's a small channel, low budget drama.

Why else would I watch it?

How many episodes are you in?

Watched 6 episodes out of 10 so far and its still nothing more than good at best.

Dont get me wrong,its not bad,but its nowhere near great either and one or two of the performances are pretty crap. The Boy Band member is rubbish,the lead main female character used to be in 'The Glades' and one of the son's has about 2% body fat and 90% muscle yet is a drug addict(or heavy recreational user and smoker and drinker) and yet is a top fighter! The fighter who has just got out of jail is pretty rubbish too.

That said,its not too bad,worth a watch but I could understand people just watching a couple of episodes and saying,'Its not for me.'

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Watched 6 episodes out of 10 so far and its still nothing more than good at best.

Dont get me wrong,its not bad,but its nowhere near great either

Well, we all see things differently, and I think that's totally the opposite of how I see it. Quite a few liked it on the Kingdom thread. I think it's top acting, top scripts, and well paced. I think it's one of the best new dramas I've seen in years.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Opinions,opinions.

They are what keep this forum exciting.

Absolutely. I will never get the expensively made, style over substance stuff, though. It's low budget and understated. Ah well, can't win 'em all. There are people out there who think Breaking Bad is crap, the Sopranos is nonsense, and I don't enjoy the Wire.

Absolutely. I will never get the expensively made, style over substance stuff, though. It's low budget and understated. Ah well, can't win 'em all. There are people out there who think Breaking Bad is crap, the Sopranos is nonsense, and I don't enjoy the Wire.

It looks pretty big budget over a lot of the crap that gets commissioned. Not the like of Boardwalk Empire or Sopranos etc but the huge amount of run of the mill stuff.It reminds me a lot of Californication and most likely due to the Venice Beach location. The camera work is good the locations look authentic and it looks well made,but its still a 'by the numbers series for me.' 

Enjoyed rewatching the X-Files. Maybe I'm getting old but I was relieved by the absence of jump cuts, blurry action scenes and endless attempts at 'snappy' dialogue. It presents the science and the supernatural as equally plausible, doesn't try to over-explain or trick you one way or the other and some of the concepts are so mental you wouldn't see them done on TV these days. Just skip the crap episodes, everyone knows what they are.

• Upvote 2

I reckon b99 is pretty damn good. Adam Sandburg should be annoying but he is hilarious with a superb cast of characters. It's one of the better comedies about at the moment.

From your list of potential shows there is some top quality in there.

Home land is shite though

Amh - season 1 & 2 are superb, 3 got a bit 'teen fiction' for me.

HoC - very very good but isn't as amazing as everyone says. Excellent style though.

Orange - superb

Lilyhammer - best of the lot proper laugh out loud moments

Battle star - amazing show Prob one of the best sci fi shows ever made

Mad men - annoying to some but it really is superb, is actually like to rewatxh the lot as there is loads that would hang together better if you didn't have to wait a year and forget so much.

I was maybe a bit harsh on B99, it is funny, not as funny as the shows I've been watching lately though, I mean it doesn't even come close to Parks and Rec for example but it has got a few laughs from me. I disagree on Sandburg though, sometimes he's funny, other times he's too wacky for my tastes. I watched that James Franco roast a while back and he was one of the roasters and he was really, really funny. I like the guy, but like I say, to wacky for me sometimes. I much prefer Terry and Boyle. That Diaz is way too much like April in Parks and Rec though. 

I have no idea to watch first from that list but I'm leaning towards Mad Men. 

Enjoyed rewatching the X-Files. Maybe I'm getting old but I was relieved by the absence of jump cuts, blurry action scenes and endless attempts at 'snappy' dialogue. It presents the science and the supernatural as equally plausible, doesn't try to over-explain or trick you one way or the other and some of the concepts are so mental you wouldn't see them done on TV these days. Just skip the crap episodes, everyone knows what they are.

The Peacocks is the scariest episode ever.

I was maybe a bit harsh on B99, it is funny, not as funny as the shows I've been watching lately though, I mean it doesn't even come close to Parks and Rec for example but it has got a few laughs from me. I disagree on Sandburg though, sometimes he's funny, other times he's too wacky for my tastes. I watched that James Franco roast a while back and he was one of the roasters and he was really, really funny. I like the guy, but like I say, to wacky for me sometimes. I much prefer Terry and Boyle. That Diaz is way too much like April in Parks and Rec though.

I have no idea to watch first from that list but I'm leaning towards Mad Men.

Agree regarding Brooklyn 99 and Samberg or however you spell it. He is sometimes too much of an American style comic but sometimes just very funny. The whole show is a bit like that though.

• Upvote 1