You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Finished the first series of Luther - The last two episodes were a bit implausible, but that's what I like about the show really. It's not some uber realistic crime drama. Just an entertaining watch - 8/10. Might not watch the second series for a while as I may go back and give Sons of Anarchy, Justified or Homeland a watch. I want something I can binge watch 

Watched a few episodes of Misfits too - Seems decent, though the Irish lad ranges from amusing to annoying. Trying to make more of an effort to watch British TV. Think the first series is only 4 episodes so may as well stick with it and see how it goes - 7/10

series one of homeland is brilliant. After that I could write better and more realistic after a few.

worth watching though

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah.

Was going to watch The Fall or Lillyhammer but can't motivated to watch either.

Not watched Lillyhammer either. I need to download that. Need to give Fargo another try, too.

I didn't like Fargo.

Rico - I watched the first episode of Orange is the new black but it seemed a bit of a womans show to be honest.

I'm a metrosexual, deeply in touch with my feminine side. It's probably aimed at women but I loved it, all the ratings I've seen (rotten toms etc)'give it around 90% so it's appeal is broad, plus the women's prison element means it's not all about violence. Give it another go.

• Upvote 1

I watched a few episodes of that Brooklyn nine nine a while back on TV and thought it was really funny in places. It's on netflix now so I'll give that a shot at some point. 

The league is awesome the first few seem to be still finding its feet but it is superb.

The League took me a few episodes to get into it but well worth it once you do. 

It's worth it for Rafi alone, although he's season 2 onwards. 

The League will have to wait a while, I gave Louie a shot and the first few episodes had me cracking up. I can't seem to get the US netflix to work on my TV even if I try connecting it to my laptop and it's not on the UK one where as the League is so I might bounce between the two.

series one of homeland is brilliant. After that I could write better and more realistic after a few.
worth watching though

See I heard that so I dunno if there's any point bothering. I find it hard to stick with a show when it turns to turd. I really liked the first season of Prison Break for example and then yeah..

Just started watching the league, struggling to make it to the end of episode 1, it's shite. Really disappointing as it was being compared to it's always sunny.

Meh opinions. To be honest the first couple are a bit ropey. I'd say stick with it but then not everyone will like it.

Also I really want to bang Jenny,.

• Upvote 1

Why?

The explanation when it came, after 7 weeks of build up, just came across as banal and as for the very end that really was a stretch of credibilty and all about setting up the next series.

That is something that annoys the shit out of me; when commissioners see they have a success on their hands and cannot resist that next series. And much as I may want to see a second series, having enjoyed the original production, sometimes things are best just left as that, an excellent single stand alone series

The explanation when it came, after 7 weeks of build up, just came across as banal and as for the very end that really was a stretch of credibilty and all about setting up the next series.

That is something that annoys the shit out of me; when commissioners see they have a success on their hands and cannot resist that next series. And much as I may want to see a second series, having enjoyed the original production, sometimes things are best just left as that, an excellent single stand alone series

I quite liked the conclusion, it was unexpected despite being reasonably straightforward.

The second series is a different programme altogether under the same title. It's not a continuation of the Oliver Hughes story but a new story altogether.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Had only ever seen the first one-and-a-half series of Fringe so I'm working my way through it from the start. Just finished series 2 last night. Great stuff.

Big fan of Fringe. I rewatched it a while back. Good stuff.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I've watched 1m 40s of Archer. I've already burst out laughing once. 'Trying to suck a promotion out of some Russian guy's cock'. I'm almost certain I'm going to like this.

• Upvote 2

I quite liked the conclusion, it was unexpected despite being reasonably straightforward.

The second series is a different programme altogether under the same title. It's not a continuation of the Oliver Hughes story but a new story altogether.

So no excuse for him having turned into a tramp, then?

Give Julien Baptiste a series, I say. One for the Great Voices/accents thread