You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

11 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Reacher

Pretty shite, bar the odd bit of violence. It almost gets good a few times, then gets swept away by a tsunami of clichés. It even ends with a couple of characters laughing over a piss weak joke, like an episode of Murder, She Wrote. Dunno if the books had more depth, but this played out like a kid's fantasy of Arnold Schwarzenegger being Sherlock Holmes.

5/10

I actually quite liked Reacher. Probably a 7 from me. Looking forward to seeing season 2 but it's a shame the blonde from S1 won't be there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

I've recorded that and I'm waiting for all 6 episodes so I can binge watch.

I remember the Brinks Mat and this sounds good.

All six episodes are on BBC iPlayer, mate. It’s good but not great, in my opinion. Some very good performances (Sean Harris, Dominic Cooper, Hugh Bonneville, Charlotte Spencer) and some not so good ones (Adam Nagaitis, Jack Lowden). Nagaitis looks completely out of place as it looks like they forgot to do something with his modern-looking hair and beard.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

All six episodes are on BBC iPlayer, mate. It’s good but not great, in my opinion. Some very good performances (Sean Harris, Dominic Cooper, Hugh Bonneville, Charlotte Spencer) and some not so good ones (Adam Nagaitis, Jack Lowden). Nagaitis looks completely out of place as it looks like they forgot to do something with his modern-looking hair and beard.

Have you seen the Hatton Garden one with Timothy Spall in? 

10 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I actually quite liked Reacher. Probably a 7 from me. Looking forward to seeing season 2 but it's a shame the blonde from S1 won't be there.

There's certainly something to build on for season 2. Not being familiar with the books, I think perhaps I expected something a little more rooted in reality rather than movie logic. The warning sign for me was the first time they used a computer and it made all the CSI beepedy-boop noises. 

Still, glad you enjoyed it. Can't all like the same things.

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Jeremy Clarkson is an entitled racist Tory bully bell-whiff. Complete gobshite of a human 

So are 90% of media personalities. I doubt me and probably you, (you seem like a decent bloke), would choose to mix with them.

I've spent some time in that circle and it is money that keeps it alive. They care about little else than money. Money money money. Dress it up how you will but it is fucking money. They would sell their friends for money.

4 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

So are 90% of media personalities. I doubt me and probably you, (you seem like a decent bloke), would choose to mix with them.

I've spent some time in that circle and it is money that keeps it alive. They care about little else than money. Money money money. Dress it up how you will but it is fucking money. They would sell their friends for money.

Him and Piers Morgan are two of the most arrogant gobshites around. Complete cowards when they get called out but fucking love giving it out. Madeley is another one. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Him and Piers Morgan are two of the most arrogant gobshites around. Complete cowards when they get called out but fucking love giving it out. Madeley is another one. 

The fact we are mentioning them means the strategy has worked. There are better qualified people on here than me but I headed up an advertising dept for a short while in a big paper. (not the scum) I'm now on the dole if that makes people feel better. Stories would be prioritised depending on advertising sales.

1 minute ago, Poor Scouser T said:

The fact we are mentioning them means the strategy has worked. There are better qualified people on here than me but I headed up an advertising dept for a short while in a big paper. (not the scum) I'm now on the dole if that makes people feel better. Stories would be prioritised depending on advertising sales.

It’s all about clicks/sales mate course it is. Vile cunts 

• Like 1