You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 22/02/2023 at 19:29, Captain Willard said:

The last of us on Sky Atlantic.  Post apocalyptic drama after a fungal infection gets into the brain and turns most people into zombies. Very good.

What’s mildly unsettling is that the fungi in question does actually behave that way in real life in ants and makes them behave in a way to get eaten by birds.  A similar parasite (not a fungi) infects cats and mice and makes the latter take more risks (go out in the day etc) so as to get caught by and digested by the former. There is a theory that middle aged cat female owners who have died in car crashes may have been infected by the same parasite and that’s why they started to drive erratically, taking more risks. 

Interesting idea for a drama and really well done. 

The ENTIRE premise is that it’s a small leap from the current animals to humans. The first episode makes that clear. 

4 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Missed that, I'm having to do audio description for every single second as her indoors can't follow anything more detailed than Love island.

While you're here,  why Is Joel still taking Ellie to the fireflies,  he was taking her as a swap deal but he doesn't need anything now because he knows where his brother is, what am I missing.

Made a promise to Tess as her dying wish.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Moo said:

His conscience. She could be the key to a vaccine.

It's not that, he's still sceptical about the possibility of a cure even though he now believes Ellie may be immune.

It starts of as a job, (battery), then becomes obligation (Tess), then you see the beginnings of responsibility (Bill's letter).

But even up until that point it's all about getting Ellie to the Fireflies and Joel to Tommy rather than Joel himself getting Ellie to Salt Lake.

In the last episode we see the relationship has developed more over the three months and Joel is struggling with the idea of caring for, and being able to protect, someone like Ellie because of what happened to Sarah (the attacks of anxiety and the talk with Tommy).

The whole 'You don't know what loss is' conversation is the real turning point in their relationship.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It's not that, he's still sceptical about the possibility of a cure even though he now believes Ellie may be immune.

It starts of as a job, (battery), then becomes obligation (Tess), then you see the beginnings of responsibility (Bill's letter).

But even up until that point it's all about getting Ellie to the Fireflies and Joel to Tommy rather than Joel himself getting Ellie to Salt Lake.

In the last episode we see the relationship has developed more over the three months and Joel is struggling with the idea of caring for, and being able to protect, someone like Ellie because of what happened to Sarah (the attacks of anxiety and the talk with Tommy).

The whole 'You don't know what loss is' conversation is the real turning point in their relationship.

But if it he's acting out of responsibility (towards the protection and wellbeing of Ellie, as Bill was to Frank) then surely he'd have kept her at the walled town under his or his brother's care, instead of taking her back out into danger?

7 minutes ago, Moo said:

But if it he's acting out of responsibility (towards the protection and wellbeing of Ellie, as Bill was to Frank) then surely he'd have kept her at the walled town under his or his brother's care, instead of taking her back out into danger?

Lead her to a group that we don't really know are good or bad, obviously will be bad.

And it hasn't crossed his mind that if she is a cure she'll be treated like a lab rat and never allowed to leave.

I watched the episode again and Joel says 'her family is with them'

Don't remember anyone telling him that.

8 hours ago, Moo said:

Because the obligation to Tess is still there, he's still fighting to separate his feelings for Ellie which is why he lashes out when he says you're not my daughter.

19 hours ago, Elite said:

Never heard of this. I've added it to my Trakt.

Im told the sequence is:

1. Mystery Road the film

2. Mystery Rd tv series 1

3. Goldstone - sequel film but the first tv series is apparently set in between time wise.

4. Mystery Rd tv series 2.

There is also a prequel series called Mystery Rd: Origins - same main character but different actor as younger.

• Upvote 2

The Beast vs The Mountain

Eddy Hall and the massive guy from game of thrones hate each others guts so put on a boxing match and knock the shit out of each other.

Expect a tame bullshit fake knockabout but it was real and absolutely fucking brutal.

iplayer BBC3. Watched it twice.

8/10 + 1 extra for Eddies' Mrs who is a lovely genuine beauty.

4 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

5 episodes into 1923, very good so far, worried about the pace of the show due to some of the other comments on here but I'll stick with it.

I always stick to one rule. If Carv says it’s shit it’s probably pretty good. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

5 episodes into 1923, very good so far, worried about the pace of the show due to some of the other comments on here but I'll stick with it.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I always stick to one rule. If Carv says it’s shit it’s probably pretty good. 

Loved Yellowstone and 1884. This was balls. 3 or 4 episodes completely unnecessary. boring, shit acting and like Titanic more than cowboys, rodeo chicks and Indians.

Don't want to spoil the ending but don't think I could, Not sure there was one.

9 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

This week's The Last of Us was telegraphed box ticking woke nonsense.

I wish they wouldn't try to shoehorn in their agendas. Inclusivity is fine, but poor writing is not.

Weakest episode yet.

I bought my kid a PS4, the game and got Kodi on her laptop so she could watch it. The hairy blokes bumming was bad enough this was not as bad but a big les off.