You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

This week's The Last of Us was telegraphed box ticking woke nonsense.

I wish they wouldn't try to shoehorn in their agendas. Inclusivity is fine, but poor writing is not.

Weakest episode yet.

They’re trying to stick to the source material but took it too far with this episode. I’m still trying to work out why Riley took Ellie where she did as there didn’t seem to be a good setup to be there. I know it’s in the game but it’s a million miles away from seamless. The story moved forward about five minutes and nothing new was learned. Great show, average episode.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

They’re trying to stick to the source material but took it too far with this episode. I’m still trying to work out why Riley took Ellie where she did as there didn’t seem to be a good setup to be there. I know it’s in the game but it’s a million miles away from seamless. The story moved forward about five minutes and nothing new was learned. Great show, average episode.

Riley is based at the mall by the fireflies, it's why the bed and the pipe bombs are there.

What the show didn't do a good job of demonstrating is why we went back, in the game she's searching an abandoned mall for supplies to save Joel, hence the flashbacks, but here she searches the house they're sheltering in.

By definition a flashback episode won't generally move a story forward.  But it does give us backstory and fills some of the blanks.  How and when Ellie was bitten, how she came to be where she is at the start of the show, why she's so angry, why she's looking for a connection with Joel.

I'd suggest if you don't like the character of Ellie, or have little interest in her, then you probably won't enjoy this episode.

I thought it was beautifully done and the reviews agree.

And the idea that it was woke and/or unnecessary is a bit daft considering it was lifted from a 10 year old game created before we'd even heard of "woke".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Riley is based at the mall by the fireflies, it's why the bed and the pipe bombs are there.

What the show didn't do a good job of demonstrating is why we went back, in the game she's searching an abandoned mall for supplies to save Joel, hence the flashbacks, but here she searches the house they're sheltering in.

That doesn’t explain why Riley went back for Ellie. In fact the dialogue gives more reasons why she should NOT have gone back. They have done things with the show that breaks from the game. This should have been one of them. 

Saying all that, it was beautifully presented and the nostalgia pangs of the coin op arcade were worth it.

5 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

That doesn’t explain why Riley went back for Ellie. In fact the dialogue gives more reasons why she should NOT have gone back. They have done things with the show that breaks from the game. This should have been one of them. 

Saying all that, it was beautifully presented and the nostalgia pangs of the coin op arcade were worth it.

This was made clear, it was her last night in Boston and she wanted to spend time with Ellie, show her a good time, and say goodbye. Yes that didn't have to be at the mall but considering that's where she was living and all the good things on offer there it made sense.

I've seen this episode described as Ellie's origin story and while I wouldn't quite go that far it does give her a backstory.  We know Joel's backstory, Tommy's, Sam and Henry's.  Ellie needed one too.

On 24/02/2023 at 16:08, Anubis said:

Im told the sequence is:

1. Mystery Road the film

2. Mystery Rd tv series 1

3. Goldstone - sequel film but the first tv series is apparently set in between time wise.

4. Mystery Rd tv series 2.

There is also a prequel series called Mystery Rd: Origins - same main character but different actor as younger.

Addendum to the above. Both TV series are set before the film Goldstone. Apologies.

Finished the others. Just started Origins but it’s difficult accepting younger actors in the roles. The guy playing Jay Swann is ok but the girl playing Mary doesn’t seem too much like her.

6 hours ago, Arniepie said:

happy valley

bit late to the party but really good.

she is great in it and there is a theme there about people making stupid decisions and getting in out of their depth.

a minor criticism is the end was incredibly rushed with the teacher/pharmacist story.

7/10

What was the point of the whole teacher/pharmacy thing, felt a bit rushed! Fuck me they literally just had her add it on as a parting sentence, "oh yeah that pharmacist thing he did it don't bother filming it just take my word I'm a super cop and youre all shit"

35 minutes ago, Elite said:

Hats off to the creators of The Last Of Us, they have managed to make a show so boring that doctors have started prescribing it for insomnia.

It’s been boring from the off. You get about 1minute of action per episode the rest is just a snooze fest. It’s the same shit we’ve seen done better before.