You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

honestly don't know. I'll probably simmer down soon it'll blow over to be repeated ad nauseum in the future.

Can you not 'Shock' her into appreciating you more? By shock I mean, giving her an ultimatum and totally standing up to her, make her really believe you are going to leave.

Was it you who posted in the world of a woman about your ex being a mentalist?

yeah I know what you mean. I'm 34 though with debts, no where to stop and nothing I really own.

daft thing is she keeps talking about marriage. Fuck that.

You're not married? Get out of there da fuck. Sure it will be shitty for 6-12 months or so but if it's bad now it will be a helluva lot worse if you get married. Women don't tend to get any more sane the older they get. They generally get much worse - more cynical, suspicious, aggressive, nutty and all round headbangers. For no reason. And then they hit menopause and it's 10 fold madness and mayhem.

Get yourself a set of golf clubs and a small flat in Portugal and that's that.

• Upvote 2

yeah I know what you mean. I'm 34 though with debts, no where to stop and nothing I really own.

Yeah me and davelfc 'shed wife'....

I could give you a dozen reasons why I stayed as long as I did, and at times it got better and there were geniune periods of happiness but always around the corner was a meltdown, a situation that was my fault or just some geniune nuttery.

Thats rough mate. Why do we do it to ourselves?

Me and Mrs D have our moments, but we're generally pretty easy going with each other. Stories like yours remind me how lucky I am.

Keep your chin up fella.

You piece of fucking shit.

How long has this been going on?

• Upvote 6

Back when I was 21, I was engaged, I'd been with her for three years.  She was at college and I was working, she had a Saturday job at a local shop for which she got paid a pittance (she would have worked there for free because she'd known the owners for years and they took the piss) every other penny we had came from me.

There was a point when I'd lost (OK got sacked from) my office job and had taken a shit production line job in a factory, I was doing ten and a half hour shifts and was up at 6 every day for it.  She was wafting into college for 4 hours a day some days and just fucking around the rest of the time doing what she wanted, also living rent free at my folks house with me after she had a row with her mam, all her meals with the family, everything.

Depsite that, all I ever heard was about how we hardly ever went out, it was boring, blah blah blah.  Every single penny we spent was mine and I was working like a dog to earn it; I actually suggested she get an evening job or Sunday work once so we could afford to do a bit more and she went ballistic about it.  Note here, I used to work all day Saturday and Sunday when I was doing my A levels, which is what she was doing at college.

Anyway, I shagged her mate, split up with her and chucked her out of the house.  Winning.  Frankly that's my advice mate, bin it.  I know it sounds cuntish and I take on board what you said about loving her kids and all that but seriously mate, she sounds like a total fucking vampire to me.

• Upvote 4

You need to get the fuck outta there. You're 34 and with an older woman who treats you like shite?

Reminds me of my mates dad years ago. I was about 19 years old, still living at home and it was a Saturday night. I think I'd been out the Friday and couldn't be arsed going out on the Saturday too. I was at the hole in the wall getting some money out, holding a DVD I'd just rented from Blockbuster (living the high life I was) and I got a tap on the shoulder from my mates dad who had split from my mates ma about 6 months earlier. I remember he used to get a dogs life from her, always fucking whinging and sponging off him and one day he'd had enough and walked out. We exchanged pleasantries and I commented that he was a bit dressed up and stunk of aftershave, was he out with the lads? He tipped me the wink, pointed towards his car and in there were two 21 year old stunners, giggling and waving.

Me, 19 years old with a copy of About Shmidt (didn't even finish it, shite!) under my arm, and him 45 years old about to go on a night out with two stunning birds.

That could be you Ted. That could be you.

• Upvote 3

Most people will get away with what they're allowed to up to a point mate, but some are just born takers with little to nothing going back the other way to balance it out some.

When that's accompanied by aggression, sometimes violence, and spitefulness, with a permanent sense of resentment and being cheated out of something on top, they become a bottomless pit and your life just gets chewed up in the process.

I'd seriously consider 'laying a new patio' or getting the fuck out of dodge, as while I've never been in that situation myself I've watched it happen to a few mates and it never ends well. It usually gets exponentially worse and harder to break free of while any more than a husk. This ain't a rehearsal and all that. You seem like a decent bloke, don't let an empty harpy bleed you dry.

Guest davelfc

Been with the Mrs 12 years now. Feel trapped though. She has a massive temper and I'm a "anything for a quiet life" person.

Went out Saturday night, I work 45 hours a week she works twenty. I'm skint so I bring home just enough for us to go out (can afford it once a month). She then says will I buy her a meal in the pub. I ask her has she got any Money.she then goes mad about how tight I am (I'm paying for all her ale like)

We go out she proceeds drink a bottle of wine in an hour and is fucked. Calls me every name under sun. So my one night a month out lasts about 90 mins because of her.

Sunday no apologies for acting like a cunt. Nothing.

This shit happens too much with her. Felt like walking out yesterday but i've nowhere to go, plus I love her kids and our dogs.

I even love her too but fuck me she is hard work.

anyway sorry for turning the gf into justseventeen just needed vent.

We adapt our lives to cope with whatever situation we're in. That then sort of feels normal. It's not until you're out of that situation that you look back and see just how bad it was.

It's an old cliche mate but you get one attempt at this life and there's no way you should be fucking it up being miserable and getting treated like shit. it's no good threatening to go, you should never threaten to do anything that you're not absolutely sure you are going to do. I'd like to say that moving out for a while would help, it would of course for a few weeks, then the same shit would come back. Only you'd have lost a little of your dignity. I went down that road and it's not good, believe me. 

I'd rather be on my own and happy than living with someone and lonely. 

Not all women are fucking nutters though, I've just come back from a lads holiday abroad. Two of my mates are married and their wives let them go away for two weeks. I'm pretty sure they had to work very hard to smooth it all over but I know for a fact the mother of my children wouldn't have let me go away on that trip. Not without some shed time anyway. 

• Upvote 4

We adapt our lives to cope with whatever situation we're in. That then sort of feels normal. It's not until you're out of that situation that you look back and see just how bad it was.

It's an old cliche mate but you get one attempt at this life and there's no way you should be fucking it up being miserable and getting treated like shit. it's no good threatening to go, you should never threaten to do anything that you're not absolutely sure you are going to do. I'd like to say that moving out for a while would help, it would of course for a few weeks, then the same shit would come back. Only you'd have lost a little of your dignity. I went down that road and it's not good, believe me. 

Not all women are fucking nutters though, I've just come back from a lads holiday abroad. Two of my mates are married and their wives let them go away for two weeks. I'm pretty sure they had to work very hard to smooth it all over but I know for a fact my the mother of my children wouldn't have let me go away on that trip. Not without some shed time anyway. 

You made your shed and guess what it's shed time. 

• Upvote 5

nope. Both in there twenties and her daughter is moving out this week

So they are adults and can choose their friendships. If you have the relationship you say you have with them, if you leave in the right way then there should be no reason why you cant continue those relationships in some form.

Edit. Is her daughter moving out a catalyst for you to be looking at your own situation?

Been with the Mrs 12 years now. Feel trapped though. She has a massive temper and I'm a "anything for a quiet life" person.

Went out Saturday night, I work 45 hours a week she works twenty. I'm skint so I bring home just enough for us to go out (can afford it once a month). She then says will I buy her a meal in the pub. I ask her has she got any Money.she then goes mad about how tight I am (I'm paying for all her ale like)

We go out she proceeds drink a bottle of wine in an hour and is fucked. Calls me every name under sun. So my one night a month out lasts about 90 mins because of her.

Sunday no apologies for acting like a cunt. Nothing.

This shit happens too much with her. Felt like walking out yesterday but i've nowhere to go, plus I love her kids and our dogs.

I even love her too but fuck me she is hard work.

anyway sorry for turning the gf into justseventeen just needed vent.

*Bangs head on wall* Money is the root of many a row in most households i'd have thought, but seriously? None of the above makes sense other than she's taking the piss. 

You'd be absolutely amazed how quickly you can recover financially when someone isn't bleeding you dry. 

nope. Both in there twenties and her daughter is moving out this week

So you wouldn't be losing contact or anything because they're old enough to maintain it themselves?

Not all women are fucking nutters though, I've just come back from a lads holiday abroad. Two of my mates are married and their wives let them go away for two weeks. I'm pretty sure they had to work very hard to smooth it all over but I know for a fact the mother of my children wouldn't have let me go away on that trip. Not without some shed time anyway. 

I loved my years on my own, and as much as I love Mr Melons, the peace I had in those years was amazing, it was all my shit and I could deal with it or jib it off. Most of the time I just left it as i couldn't be arsed. I have little to no contact with family and it's bliss. Now, Mr Melons' ex is a piece of work and i would pummel her face through to next week given half the chance for the grief she causes me. He's used to it so just lets most of it slide and goes along with what she demands for a peaceful life, even if it means him doing without holidays because it's his week with the kids, she won't let us take them abroad and she won't negotiate different dates - fuck that. 

Some women are proper cranks. 

• Upvote 2

Grow some balls and get the fuck out of there.

Life's too short to be unhappy; believe me I know and there's nothing more satisfying than getting out and making things better.

I think it was the prophet Noos who said; "She got custody of the kids and I got custody of the dignity".

• Upvote 2

Not really. Saturday night is the major reason, obviously that's not a one off like.

When we do argue her daughter is objective. She tends to agree I'm right most of the time.

Bite the bullet and walk away. It appears, going off what you have said, that she wants you to pay for everything and seems a bit of a twat to be around. 

As much as you care for her mate, you need to think about number one here. Get out.

You can get somewhere, it might be a struggle fella, but you can stand proud at the other end when you ave regained our happiness. Being in an unhappy relationship is unhealthy for all. 

There is no way you should be treading on egg shells every time you are around her.