You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

She's off with the kids this week for the last week of the summer holidays. I'm currently in work and can get off now and go home to spend time with her and the kids or stay and do a bit more. I'm opting for Plan B.

Or the pub.

You liar x

My time alone sadly came to an end this morning. Currently sat in her sisters, kids screaming everywhere and I've changed four nappies since I got here. It was good while it lasted.

Waiting for the brother in law to get home and give me the green light to rifle through the drink cabinet. Brought some swimming shorts to try out their new hot tub and it's pissed down all day. Rotten luck.

The guy whose job I am taking over  left because he was having to spend too much time away from home. I can't wait.

My missus' uncle had a job for five nights up in Aberdeen doing up a house with a bunch of Irish lads, he lasted a day before he got homesick, quit & came home to be with his wife & two daughters.

What a fucking fanny.

My missus' uncle had a job for five nights up in Aberdeen doing up a house with a bunch of Irish lads, he lasted a day before he got homesick, quit & came home to be with his wife & two daughters.

What a fucking fanny.

Yeah, he should have been a real man and walked out on his wife and family to move halfway across the country, because a fucking job is more important to him. Which is, incidentally, what my husband did last week. What a fucking real man he is, eh?

Yeah, he should have been a real man and walked out on his wife and family to move halfway across the country, because a fucking job is more important to him. Which is, incidentally, what my husband did last week. What a fucking real man he is, eh?

Erm, it was a five day job less than 3hrs drive from his house, he wasn't walking out on anyone.

Erm, it was a five day job, he wasn't walking out on anyone.

I know. I've just put the phone down on him so I'm feeling a tad wound up, sorry. Just to make it worse, he's moved to Sheffield. It doesn't do much for a woman's ego, being walked out on for a job in fucking Sheffield. At least I get to watch shit films and drink wine without him rolling his eyes at me.

• Upvote 1

I know. I've just put the phone down on him so I'm feeling a tad wound up, sorry. Just to make it worse, he's moved to Sheffield. It doesn't do much for a woman's ego, being walked out on for a job in fucking Sheffield. At least I get to watch shit films and drink wine without him rolling his eyes at me.

Everyone's a winner

• Upvote 1

No problem, a glass of wine or 10 will sort everything out. Tonight at least.

Would you really, though? For that salary, they own you. No evenings off, no weekends, no holidays. You'd be working round the clock and have no room in your life for anything but work, and about 4 hours sleep a night if you're lucky.

I don't think any amount of money is worth giving up your entire life, your family, your health and your sanity for. I'm a simple soul, if there's enough to pay the bills and provide for the kids, I'm happy. I don't want mega bucks, I just want a boring, stable, happy family.

• Upvote 2

Would you really, though? For that salary, they own you. No evenings off, no weekends, no holidays. You'd be working round the clock and have no room in your life for anything but work, and about 4 hours sleep a night if you're lucky.

I don't think any amount of money is worth giving up your entire life, your family, your health and your sanity for. I'm a simple soul, if there's enough to pay the bills and provide for the kids, I'm happy. I don't want mega bucks, I just want a boring, stable, happy family.

I live like that anyway regardless of the salary.

Blokes are different in this regard I think. Some of us anyway. I wouldn't know what to do with 250k  but it is the reward aspect and the confirmation of worth that gives some people the buzz. I'm getting a great salary but will end up giving every penny to the wife. i dont need anything and if I do I buy it. Got a car a house. Dont want a big house, more to tidy, more grass to cut but will certainly be going all out for my bonus.

• Upvote 1

I live like that anyway regardless of the salary.

Blokes are different in this regard I think. Some of us anyway. I wouldn't know what to do with 250k but it is the reward aspect and the confirmation of worth that gives some people the buzz. I'm getting a great salary but will end up giving every penny to the wife. i dont need anything and if I do I buy it. Got a car a house. Dont want a big house, more to tidy, more grass to cut but will certainly be going all out for my bonus.

You might think you do, but you don't, or you wouldn't have time for the forum. I'm talking 100% work. No hobbies, no chores, no anything except your job. Like a North Korean labour camp inmate, but with better digs.
  • Upvote 1

True. Must be hard on families.

Having said that I've got mates off shore and they were trying to get me to go. 3 weeks on 3 weeks off.

I'm too old to be getting turned upside down in a simulated helicopter in a pool so thought fuck that. Point is these women manage quite well with the bloke being pretty uncontactable for the most time for 6 months of the year. Great money like.

At least your man is just up the road if needed.

That was the original plan, we'd suffer it for 6 months and get the mortgage paid off. They want him to stay on permanently, but I'm not prepared to live like this indefinitely. It's no marriage. I'm not even sure it's the money with him, I think ego is playing a big part in it too. I'm just worried sick that he'll end up dropping dead of a heart attack.