You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My ex was (is) a proper mentalist. When I realised and was about to leave she announced she was pregnant, my parents split up when I was 3 when my old man walked out and it was drummed into me that you dont leave your kids. I stayed and we had another kid.

After years of hell I sorted the kids (grown up) out best I could and finally left.

After squandering everything she had and developing a close relationship with the local police force, she is now an alcoholic living in a hostel.

Dont be a prick like me, for fucks sake go

My ex was (is) a proper mentalist. When I realised and was about to leave she announced she was pregnant, my parents split up when I was 3 when my old man walked out and it was drummed into me that you dont leave your kids. I stayed and we had another kid.

After years of hell I sorted the kids (grown up) out best I could and finally left.

After squandering everything she had and developing a close relationship with the local police force, she is now an alcoholic living in a hostel.

i cannot emphasize how much a messed up childhood can cause problems later on. I knew going into my marriage that there was serious trauma from her childhood, as a eight year old she had to pull her Dad off her Mum as he was going to kill her. She ended hp smashing him over the head with a vase. and the next ten to fifteen years she was manipukated by bitter parents.

Deep,down I knew this but we got pregnant young and then compunded thay mistake with two more. I love my kids dearly, more than I can put into words and I stayed to see it out. i put up with an incfedible amount of shit and humiliation. But I am proud I stuck it out and they say it is wrong to stay for the kids sake but I know it was the right decsion, as I should have left when the youngest was 5.

did i say the sex was mind blowing though?

• Upvote 2

I'm pissed so gotta ask mate. That shit is obviously not on you but did you ever feel any guilt or sympathy for her.

Her brother committed suicide and it's defo affected her. That was five year ago.when she drinks she is a nightmare. and I get pissed but even I blanch at her.

The other half went back to our hometown earlier for the weekend.

So far today, I have done some DIY, a 6 mile run up the hills. Watched a certain sporting event, practiced my drums, got some grub in for tomorrow morning and have been drinking ale all evening.

Now currently sat listening to some records.

Tomorrow it's a practice and xbox/film day.

Perfect.

Probably as good a place as any to ask this question...

Just been chatting and the subject of who makes the tea in the morning came up so I thought it would be worth putting to a wider audience...

Is it the law that men always get the tea in the morning...like a hunter gatherer kind of thing

Just been chatting and the subject of who makes the tea in the morning came up so I thought it would be worth putting to a wider audience...

Is it the law that men always get the tea in the morning...like a hunter gatherer kind of thing

Whoever gets up first puts the kettle on, no?

I've got one of those filthy coffee drinkers for a bird.

Because I'm under the thumb I prepare the coffee maker the night before as I let the dog out for his last piss. Depending on what time I'm starting work I either put it on ready for her or just leave it ready for her to push a button when she's up so its not too stewed.

I have my first cup of tea of the day in work. My alarm leaves me enough military time to get out of bed, shower, dress, brush my teeth and drive to work with a lead foot.

None of this hanging about the house bollocks when I could be sleeping.

Whoever gets up first puts the kettle on, no?

It's not the law, it's a cup of tea.On the weekdays she gets a cup of tea in bed as I'm up before her each day. On the weekend she returns the favour if she's up before me.

Is the only correct answer in an equal world

You'd think so, really, wouldnt you, but as long as we've been together Mr Champ has insisted that he is the tea maker, even though he doesnt drink tea himself. He says its what his Dad always did for his Mum and is what my Dad does too. The person I was speaking to said the same so I was just wondering how widespread this behaviour is. And much I might protest (not very much, in honesty) he insists its his job

I've got one of those filthy coffee drinkers for a bird.

Because I'm under the thumb I prepare the coffee maker the night before as I let the dog out for his last piss. Depending on what time I'm starting work I either put it on ready for her or just leave it ready for her to push a button when she's up so its not too stewed.

I have my first cup of tea of the day in work. My alarm leaves me enough military time to get out of bed, shower, dress, brush my teeth and drive to work with a lead foot.

None of this hanging about the house bollocks when I could be sleeping.

The variety of drink wasnt the issue, rather the gesture, and much appreciated it is too

Its funny the what your Dad did so I do it.

i would never let the wife carve the roast or bird because my dad did that. She insisted a few times, and i stayed well clear as a sharp knife in her hands could easily be turned on me, and every time she made a mess of it.

I always made the gravy. You cannot let a woman make gravy, or Yorkshire Puds. Under no circumstances. If this happens men, cut off your penises and fry them up and serve in a bun. She may have gotten her carving kinfe near the odd turkey but she never, ever made gravy or Yorkshire puddings