You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

North Korea gettin' all Gangnam up in this bitch.

Unrighteous

Guest davelfc

North Korea says it will restart all facilities at its main Yongbyon nuclear complex, which it shut in 2007, including a mothballed reactor.

A statement carried by KCNA news agency said the move would bolster North Korea's nuclear forces "in quality and quantity".

The move is the latest in a series of measures by Pyongyang in the wake of its third nuclear test in February.

It has been angered by UN sanctions and joint US-South Korea military drills.

The reactor at Yongbyon was closed in July 2007 as part of a disarmament-for-aid deal that later stalled.

BBC News - North Korea 'to restart Yongbyon nuclear reactor'

yo515a041b.png

NK have been a thorn in everyone's side for decades, and this is America testing out the new soft lad to see if they can scare him into behaving, thus neutralising the ongoing NK threat. It isn't working, even B52's flying along the border isnt scaring him, it's just making him paranoid and defensive. But it's alright for America, thousands of miles away from their big foes, they don't give a fuck if NK nuke SK or China, or if India get involved, and Russia, they're all in the same vicinity of the planet. Meanwhile, America will watch from afar and will keep pressuring them and put their naval and air fleets on alert, safe in the knowledge that they'll see an attack from miles off and deal with it.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the US and China were coordinating military responses on this one: It's in China's interests to maintain peace in the region for the greater good of international trade. I'm sure they're just fucking itching to give Kim Jong Wrong-un the smackdown and the US will be only too willing to help-out.

Aye I certain it has nothing to do with that.

As if that was the case Saudi Arabia would of ceased to be a decade or two ago.

But then you'd be bitching that we aren't standing up for human rights or democracy.

Which is it?

I never said America is perfect, but we do stand for a helluva lot more good than the NKoreans or Iranians and shitheads like them.

I'm sure England also gets on quite well with the south Koreans and the Japanese, and you wouldn't want two of your major trading partners having wars raging all over them. It's no secret that nations are pretty Machiavellian, and England is just as well.

it'd be great if this new leader of North Korea was killed and his less hardline wacky brother was given power.

But then you'd be bitching that we aren't standing up for human rights or democracy.

Which is it?

I never said America is perfect' date=' but we do stand for a helluva lot more good than the NKoreans or Iranians and shitheads like them.

I'm sure England also gets on quite well with the south Koreans and the Japanese, and you wouldn't want two of your major trading partners having wars raging all over them. It's no secret that nations are pretty Machiavellian, and England is just as well.

it'd be great if this new leader of North Korea was killed and his less hardline wacky brother was given power.[/quote']

Hard to be telling the world about Human rights when you have so many out of date laws yourselves.You all seem to forget you were telling the world of the dangers of Communism and how countries need to democratic while a sizeable pot potion of your own country wasn't given any rights at home less than 50 years ago.You still have many states trying to ban abortion.Your Military has used Phosphorus as anti personnel weapons,even though its against the Geneva convention.

Which is it?

I never said America is perfect, but we do stand for a helluva lot more good than the NKoreans or Iranians and shitheads like them.

it'd be great if this new leader of North Korea was killed and his less hardline wacky brother was given power.

Your government are apart from being full of two faced bastards and have been for years,are the biggest world threat on the planet.

Your far far more likely to use a nuke than any of these so called terrorist nations ever are.

They have had years to set a nuke off if they wanted to.

There not exactly that hard for one of them to get hold of.

As for human rights your country takes one up the arse from the biggest terrorist breeding and so far removed from giving people human rights as in they still cut off hands and feet of people in exsitence as in Saudi Arabia and not to mention the support given to that other country of peace loving rights to all nations in Israel I would think I have answered your question.

If not then maybe if I told you the dictionaries deffinition of evil should be American government and agencies should do it.

Guest davelfc

The Washington Free Beacon says North Korea’s missile units are showing signs of test-firing intercontinental ballistic missiles.

The American internet media said that there are signs that North Korea will soon conduct a flight test of its new KN-08 road-mobile ICBM or its intermediate-range Musudan mobile missile.

The media also said that North Korea is mobilizing missile forces, including road-mobile short- and medium-range missiles.

International/News/News/KBS World Radio

Guest davelfc

North Korea is blocking the entry of South Korean workers into a joint industrial zone, in a move seen as further escalating tensions.

Workers were being allowed to leave the Kaesong complex but not cross into it from the South, Seoul's Unification Ministry confirmed.

The Kaesong zone, which is a money-maker for the North, is seen as a key barometer of inter-Korean relations.

BBC News - North Korea blocks South workers from Kaesong zone

Porky not happy.

Not happy, so shoots himself in the foot by blocking a moneyspinner for his own country. He needs a son because the cunning has clearly skipped a generation.

Apparently this is one of the signs we need to watch out for that might lead to a serious escalation. They have closed this complex once before so it will be interesting to see if it remains permanently closed.

I'm genuinely not arsed whatsoever about any of this. The United States is at Defcon 4 - just above all out peace level - and showing no signs of changing that.

Until that changes there is absolutely nothing to be even remotely concerned about.