You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

North Korea gettin' all Gangnam up in this bitch.

Unrighteous

If North Korea do have any working nukes the US will just shoot them out of the sky, but I don't think they do yet. I think they are close, and as such it's a good time to do something before they get dangerous. As much as China don't want the US on their border, they want a load of paranoid nutters with nukes even less I would think.

Guest davelfc

Well they seem to be carrying out some pretty successful nuclear tests, what they appear to not have is a sufficiently capable delivery system. Then again, I did read that around 9 of their subs have 'gone missing' which could mean anything I suppose, a few of their subs have 'gone missing' before and you have to wonder if those previous occurrences were testing the water. If true then where might they eventually pop up.

It's pretty much accepted that they could nuke the hell out of SK and the surrounding american bases in that area. However delivering a nuke to the USA via the air from NK isn't something they're thought to be capable of. Although again, launch enough missiles and only one has to land and many could be fake.

I'm reminded of a previous occupation of mine, one that involved RAF Tornado aircraft with nukes strapped to the bottom. Sure the distances involved were minimal compared to what NK would have to cover to get to the US mainland. You could even quite easily place one in a container and sail up to the USA. Small amounts of radioactive material from their successful tests would make a devastating 'dirty bomb' and this is before we go into just how much biological and chemical ability they have.

They have spent years building bunkers and defences designed to protect them from nukes. Their whole existence seems to have been preparing for war. Would the Americans really want to launch a nuclear attack with China and Russia literally next door?

If NK decided to go postal then millions of people will die, don't think that all of their attacks would be the conventional missile launched. There are many ways to cause the deaths of millions of people without launching a single missile or firing a single bullet.

If North Korea do have any working nukes the US will just shoot them out of the sky, but I don't think they do yet. I think they are close, and as such it's a good time to do something before they get dangerous. As much as China don't want the US on their border, they want a load of paranoid nutters with nukes even less I would think.

Have you noticed how the countries America really hate seem to have this we dont know how nuclear capable they are like Iran.

Its like a security for incase they decide to go into there countries,they have a ready made excuse.

Have you noticed how the countries America really hate seem to have this we dont know how nuclear capable they are like Iran.

Its like a security for incase they decide to go into there countries,they have a ready made excuse.

You sure it doesn't have anything to do with the countries we really hate lately being horrible dictatorships, sponsors of terrorism, absolute destroyers of human rights, or very direct threats to some of our best allies?

You sure it doesn't have anything to do with the countries we really hate lately being horrible dictatorships, sponsors of terrorism, absolute destroyers of human rights, or very direct threats to some of our best allies?

Yes. You'd never prop up or arm any countries like that. Especially not in South America. And, of course, never use extraordinary rendition to send people off to countries that use torture. Not at all. Ever.....

Aye I certain it has nothing to do with that.

As if that was the case Saudi Arabia would of ceased to be a decade or two ago.

Oh look, it's Mr America chatting shit again.

I'm not an expert in politics or world affairs (as you can probably tell) but from what I can see, America have been steaming into countries for years causing fucking havoc with all these crazy ass weapons n' shit. I'd want a nuke if I was Korea because you know its only a matter of time before they stomp in there.

I'm not an expert in politics or world affairs (as you can probably tell) but from what I can see, America have been steaming into countries for years causing fucking havoc with all these crazy ass weapons n' shit. I'd want a nuke if I was Korea because you know its only a matter of time before they stomp in there.

The reason being is they got them first so they make the rules.

Plus who would argue with them over it?

Another point for me is I am glad them having them and there being some sort of unsaid agreement between countries about who can have them.

Although on the flip side I mistrust them so much that I do think they will be the ones to set the next one off.

Guest davelfc

The U.S. military has moved a Navy ship capable of intercepting missiles to waters off the coast of the Korean Peninsula, as threats from North Korea's Kim Jong Un escalate and the White House signals it wants to head off any potential conflict by flexing America's military might.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Monday that Kim Jong Un's steadily escalating threats follow a "pattern," but one that must be taken seriously. He said the U.S. is now taking "prudent" measures to "reassure our allies, demonstrate our resolve to the North and reduce pressure on Seoul to take unilateral action."

Navy moves ship off coast of Korean Peninsula, White House looks to 'reassure' allies | Fox News

Your move fatty.

Guest davelfc

China has placed military forces on heightened alert in the northeastern part of the country as tensions mount on the Korean peninsula following recent threats by Pyongyang to attack, U.S. officials said.

Reports from the region reveal the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) recently increased its military posture in response to the heightened tensions, specifically North Korea's declaration of a "state of war" and threats to conduct missile attacks against the United States and South Korea.

North Korea, meanwhile, is mobilizing missile forces, including road-mobile short- and medium-range missiles, according to officials familiar with satellite imagery of missile bases.

China mobilizing troops, jets near N. Korean border, US officials say | Fox News

Guest davelfc

23iw6s0.jpg

The SBX-1 radar, a sea-based platform with a radar on top, is also on the move.

These deployments are aimed at monitoring North Korean military moves - in particular upcoming missile launches the U.S. believes may be happening in the coming weeks, according to a U.S. Defense Department official.

U.S. Navy warship moving closer to North Korea – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

Guest davelfc

Another well-connected Chinese military expert, speaking on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of discussing Chinese defense policy, said China believed the U.S. presence in Korea acted as a necessary restraint on troublesome Pyongyang, hence the lack of criticism from Beijing.

Chinese internet sites are resounding with criticism not of the United States but of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, who is derided as "Fatty Kim" or "Fatty The Third", in reference to his father and grandfather, both previous rulers of the pariah state.

Blame is mostly being put on Kim for leading his country to disaster and the region close to war.

China's anger at North Korea overcomes worry over U.S. stealth flights | Reuters

daily_gifdump_332_08.gif

23iw6s0.jpg

The SBX-1 radar, a sea-based platform with a radar on top, is also on the move.

These deployments are aimed at monitoring North Korean military moves - in particular upcoming missile launches the U.S. believes may be happening in the coming weeks, according to a U.S. Defense Department official.

U.S. Navy warship moving closer to North Korea – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

All I can think is America and China have spoken over Pugsley and have agreed on a massive show of just what he will be up against if he is stupid enough to try this stunt again.

There is noway China would be saying nothing at all over the American activity in that region right now.

For them to be keeping out of this without any mention of the American arrival of planes and ships into the area says to me talks have taken place.

Edited by SCOUSE TAPAS
Only just seen your post beneath me.