You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

I believe that Coutinho and Lallana shouldnt play together,much too luxurious to have both in the team.

At the moment Lallana 'Cruyff MK35' has possession of the jersey,or so it seems but its definitely up for grabs in the long run.

Coutinho has the ability but without the goals is not quite the player he should be.

• Upvote 2

I believe that Coutinho and Lallana shouldnt play together,much too luxurious to have both in the team.

At the moment Lallana 'Cruyff MK35' has possession of the jersey,or so it seems but its definitely up for grabs in the long run.

Coutinho has the ability but without the goals is not quite the player he should be.

looks like firmino will be joining them in the forest of 10s today

Besides needing decent strikers in front of him, I think Coutinho is also much better in a 4-2-3-1. The constant pressing he's asked to do with merely Lallana alongside him is just running the on-ball composure out of his game in my opinion. He should have less running to do once Firmino is back in the team.

Besides needing decent strikers in front of him, I think Coutinho is also much better in a 4-2-3-1. The constant pressing he's asked to do with merely Lallana alongside him is just running the on-ball composure out of his game in my opinion. He should have less running to do once Firmino is back in the team.

well he better get to grips with it soon because one thing is for sure hes gonna be running a lot under klopp.

In what way is Coutinho a luxury player? He's one of the hardest working players in the team.

We've spent the last season and a half building a team that's really good at hitting balls into channels, even though we have nobody to run those channels. We were even trying to do that to Lambert for fucks sake. Coutinho is either stupid and only has that way of playing, or that style has been drilled in to him so much, because the previous managers insistence that that was the way to play, that it's going to take more than benteke being on the pitch for 20 mins to find another way. Remember last season, Gerrard took it on himself to try and play little give and goes with balotelli. That didn't work for a bunch of reason, but it's an indication of how you can continue to play it on the floor when having a big forward up front. Coutinho will be just fine. He's a fine player, reads the game well and aside from his ability on the ball is maybe our best player without it. His shooting isn't great and I would prefer him to shoot less. But I think he has been carrying the weight of this team on his shoulders for 18 months and our strikers have been so shit he thinks he needs to score or we won't. Hopefully benteke and firmino will start taking some of that pressure from him and he can get back to his brilliant self. As for selling him. Jesus fucking Christ. It beggars belief. The lad is out of form, nothing more. He'll get it back and you'll all be crying when he does and barca come calling.

That made me laugh, quite a bit.

It reminded me of bitterly condemning Balotelli every single time I was drinking. My mates used to take money on how long I could last, without bringing him or Lovren up.

The only thing that really bothers me about Coutinho is the constant shooting.

His decision making in the final third has regressed over the last year or so.

Honeslty think a lot of that is down to the lack of movement, support and showing for it in front of and around him.

He would be boss in say Arsenal's team for example with players moving, playing 1-2's and showing for it in dangerous areas/quick interplay.

He gets it here, everthing is slow and static and so he ends up having a dig

• Upvote 2

Honeslty think a lot of that is down to the lack of movement, support and showing for it in front of and around him.

He would be boss in say Arsenal's team for example with players moving, playing 1-2's and showing for it in dangerous areas/quick interplay.

That is a fair point.

He needs Sturridge, Firmino and Henderson around or ahead of him. 

I just wonder about moving Coutinho back.  I don't know if he could handle it in a 2-man midfield in a 4-2-3-1, but I'd like to see it as an experiment.  I think if he had a very mobile player alongside him (read: no one at the club right now, except maybe Henderson) it might work, particularly against lesser opposition.

He's actually quite good at pressing, and if he could learn the tactical positioning required, I think it could work out.  He's exceptional when he has the ball and 3 yards of space to run at a defender, so I would think there would be at least a chance he could adapt.  I'm honestly not sure that he's cut out for the number 10 in a Klopp team, which is a shame as he's basically our best player.

And only a mere six years older.

The person who asked the question didn't mention age.

They asked who are the number 10s who score 10 goals or more.

Coutinho is brilliant but he's so far away from getting ten goals a season.

He needs to play deeper and have 3 goal scorers in front of him. Strangely that would give him more space playing deeper and he'd probably score more

I just wonder about moving Coutinho back. I don't know if he could handle it in a 2-man midfield in a 4-2-3-1, but I'd like to see it as an experiment. I think if he had a very mobile player alongside him (read: no one at the club right now, except maybe Henderson) it might work, particularly against lesser opposition.

He's actually quite good at pressing, and if he could learn the tactical positioning required, I think it could work out. He's exceptional when he has the ball and 3 yards of space to run at a defender, so I would think there would be at least a chance he could adapt. I'm honestly not sure that he's cut out for the number 10 in a Klopp team, which is a shame as he's basically our best player.

In this formation of swap him for can. I'd swap Milner for Jason mcateer.