You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Why do they feign like they're arsed? It's a business, they're employees, we sold him. The club/fan/player relationship is one of pimp, John and trick. It's a business transaction with no room for emotion any more, and any pretense to there being so is patronising and cynical. To paraphrase Stannis Baratheon, I didn't love him, he didn't love me.

If this has gone through at a reduced rate and Liverpool don't want the fee known, how come the bastards from Barce can let that fact be in the public domain.Think he'll fit them perfectly the tax evading school of excellence.

It has not gone through at a reduce rate mate. Barcelona tried to placate their fans in the summer by saying we wanted 200m euros for him. They would not pay that they said to make themselves look tough. When the sale was done they said it was vastly reduced again to make themselves look tough. I do not know why people believe bollocks from other clubs especially a club that spoke so much bollocks over the Neymar transfer.

Yeah, my best bit was the old woman being chucked down a set of stairs. 

A football club in the city she lives in bought a footballer so she can have no complaints.

Brutal riposte.

That would hurt almost as much as being chucked downstairs.

So, Vlad, are you of the belief, as some are, that Klopp was as keen to sell Coutinho - on the basis of not wanting to keep a wantaway - as FSG were keen to sell for the windfall?

Or do you think not?

A bit of both,in my opinion. I think he'd have liked to keep Coutinho until the end of the season but understands that a great team spirit is essential for maximising our chances of hitting our targets come May. If we do get another body or two in before the end of January I am willing to be labelled an hysterical fanny,if we are not and its a case of AOC and VVD in exchange for Coutinho then I think we have weakened ourselves quite a bit in the short term. I am not a fan of this net spend bollocks as it doesnt seem to include wages,bonuses etc,but there is something to it when we are always just within touching distance of the top of Everest and yet another blizzard descends to foil us and its a case of 'we'll get there next year.'

Why do they feign like they're arsed? It's a business, they're employees, we sold him. The club/fan/player relationship is one of pimp, John and trick. It's a business transaction with no room for emotion any more, and any pretense to there being so is patronising and cynical. To paraphrase Stannis Baratheon, I didn't love him, he didn't love me.

These goodbye letters are for the kids, they don't expect adults to pay any attention to them.

• Upvote 2

I do think we take these departures to heart a bit too much. The ones I was truly gutted about was Fowler because he was a legend and was being forced out, and Torres because we adored him and he went to a direct rival which I cannot forgive. To those fucking rent boy twats, of all teams. I'm glad his form went downhill and never recovered after leaving. Serves him fucking right. Christ I'm still bitter about that. Maybe as a result of Torres' departure and the manner in which he left, I've not been as arsed about other big departures since, including Alonso, Suarez and now Coutinho.

Having said that, I think I'd be distraught if Mo Salah left anytime soon....

I do think we take these departures to heart a bit too much. The ones I was truly gutted about was Fowler because he was a legend and was being forced out, and Torres because we adored him and he went to a direct rival which I cannot forgive. To those fucking rent boy twats, of all teams. I'm glad his form went downhill and never recovered after leaving. Serves him fucking right. Christ I'm still bitter about that. Maybe as a result of Torres' departure and the manner in which he left, I've not been as arsed about other big departures since, including Alonso, Suarez and now Coutinho.

Get your handkerchief ready.

• Upvote 1

Yeah Torres was the last one I was arsed about, partly because he'd seemed to have inexplicably also turned into a total soulless arsehole. Couldn't give a fuck after that, not because I've changed I don't think but because the game has. There's only a handful of clubs with any pull and if you get anywhere near them you just get dismantled, them's the sad facts.

Christ I'm still bitter about that. Maybe as a result of Torres' departure and the manner in which he left, I've not been as arsed about other big departures since, including Alonso, Suarez and now Coutinho.

I think.....no I'm pretty sure Alonso left before Torres m8 .