You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

America is fucked, part 3146 - the House of Congress Science Committee.

Rep. Paul Broun, who serves on the House Science Committee, told a church-sponsored banquet in his home state of Georgia that the theories of evolution and the big bang are “lies straight from the pit of hell.”

Broun says “all that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang theory” was part of a ploy to hide how old the Earth really is, “to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior.”

Also on the House Science Committee, Rep. Todd Akin, he of the "legitimate rape" comments:

"From what I understand from doctors ... if it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down,"

The Science Committee in the US of A.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

America is fucked, part 3146 - the House of Congress Science Committee.

Rep. Paul Broun, who serves on the House Science Committee, told a church-sponsored banquet in his home state of Georgia that the theories of evolution and the big bang are “lies straight from the pit of hell.”

Broun says “all that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang theory” was part of a ploy to hide how old the Earth really is, “to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior.”

Also on the House Science Committee, Rep. Todd Akin, he of the "legitimate rape" comments:

"From what I understand from doctors ... if it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down,"

The Science Committee in the US of A.

hleIi.gif

“God’s word is true. I’ve come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. It’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior. There’s a lot of scientific data that I found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I believe that the Earth is about 9,000 years old. I believe that it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says. And what I’ve come to learn is that it’s the manufacturer’s handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually. How to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society. And that’s the reason, as your congressman, I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I’ll continue to do that.”

tumblr_mbfv5idquY1rc8pwco1_500.gif

tumblr_mbfv5idquY1rc8pwco2_500.jpg

He obviously forgot he wasn't supposed to have his notes as at the end of the debate he clearly picks them up and walks out on stage with them in his hand. He then tries to put them in the inside pocket of his jacket but can't for some reason (he looks quite gormless at this point) and ends up passing them to an aide.

He obviously forgot he wasn't supposed to have his notes as at the end of the debate he clearly picks them up and walks out on stage with them in his hand. He then tries to put them in the inside pocket of his jacket but can't for some reason (he looks quite gormless at this point) and ends up passing them to an aide.

Cringeworthy.

“God’s word is true. I’ve come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. It’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior. There’s a lot of scientific data that I found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I believe that the Earth is about 9,000 years old. I believe that it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says. And what I’ve come to learn is that it’s the manufacturer’s handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually. How to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society. And that’s the reason, as your congressman, I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I’ll continue to do that.”

Pretty bloody terrifying that. Incredible that an educated and intelligent man can have these views.

As an additional hilarity I just read on his wiki page that he has been married four times and has three kids from several marriages.

Non-Christians might as well leave the country if/when Romney comes to power. He'd be a monumental hypocrite to talk about things like Islamic fundamentalism when he himself preaches fundamentalism based on the Bible.

Nah Romney's a Mormon - no fundamentalist Christian he.

It's all about the magic underpants.

the christian thing is mostly all bollocks, it's just a vote winner with some. Oliver stone's film about Bush is good on that score, Bush gets handed his arse by some uber-Christian candidate for the Texas governership and promises himself that when it comes to being seen as christian, texan or American he'll never be outdone again.

the christian thing is mostly all bollocks, it's just a vote winner with some. Oliver stone's film about Bush is good on that score, Bush gets handed his arse by some uber-Christian candidate for the Texas governership and promises himself that when it comes to being seen as christian, texan or American he'll never be outdone again.

Transcript | The Jesus Factor | FRONTLINE | PBS

Pres. GEORGE W. BUSH: My relationship with God through Christ gives me meaning and direction.

ANNOUNCER: He is by most accounts the most openly religious president in generations.

E.J. DIONNE, Jr., Author, Sacred Places, Civic Purposes: The interest in religion is not made up. It has to do with Bush's self-presentation and what he thinks he is about.

Pres. GEORGE W. BUSH: I'll talk about it, OK? I've got a personal faith. Billy Graham came into my life.

ANNOUNCER: From the beginnings of his faith--

MARK LEAVERTON, Midland Men's Community Bible Study: He told me at that point, he said, you know, "I realized that I had to be born again."

ANNOUNCER: --and his mission to become president--

Dr. RICHARD LAND, Southern Baptist Convention: Among the things he said to us was, "I believe that God wants me to be president."

ANNOUNCER: --to his embrace of conservative Christians--

DOUG WEAD, Advisor to Pres. George H.W. Bush: The message did come home. My God, you could win the White House with nothing but evangelicals.

ANNOUNCER: --and his ideas on God and government--

Pres. GEORGE W. BUSH: We need commonsense judges who understand that our rights were derived from God.

ANNOUNCER: Tonight, FRONTLINE examines a president--

Pres. GEORGE W. BUSH: I, George Walker Bush, do solemnly swear--

ANNOUNCER: --and his faith

the christian thing is mostly all bollocks' date=' it's just a vote winner with some. Oliver stone's film about Bush is good on that score, Bush gets handed his arse by some uber-Christian candidate for the Texas governership and promises himself that when it comes to being seen as christian, texan or American he'll never be outdone again.[/quote']

Has this been released over here and is it a feature film or a documentary?

Couldn't find the gun thread so put this in here.

Anyone else watch tonights Pamorama programme? Fucking hell the States is a fucked up country.

You want to see 'fucked up'? Watch Weight of a Nation. All of them. Powerful stuff.

Obama tried to bring a bill into action that helped school lunches get healthier, in an attempt to bring obesity into line.

Congress neutered it. Made 'pizza' count as a Vegetable, French fries "part of a healthy diet" to be served daily, etc. because of the junk food lobbys.

It's absolutely amazing. They tried to bring a 'food advert' guideline to get 'junk food' to be labeled as 'unhealthy' and congress neutered that. Why? Food lobby.

Mental. Mental. Mental.