You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You're out of your element Hank. Stay on that side of the pond, for everybody's sake. you just run around insulting people and trying to use big words, but never really offer up what you think or what your policies would be. You're quite the internet badass.

The people that need assistance and deserve it fine, but there's no logical stats for almost half of the country to not be paying fed income taxes.

People on food stamps has skyrocketed dramatically. Unemployment has been above 8 percent for a long time. He has added 6 trillion to the deficit.

If you back the man after any of those stats, then you're clearly brainwashed just the same. That's unsustainable, fact.

The problem with that Vladimyr, is that's HIS money. Not the nation's to pay for other people's stuff.

Ah right.

He woke up one morning and the tooth fairy left him billions of dollars to do with as he pleases.

He never got loans off banks in the US using the money put there by ordinary citizens.

He did it all by himself and never employed people to design and manufacture his goods to turn it from a small business into a multinational corporation.

He's paid all his taxes and never took a penny from the state to help keep his business afloat.

Thank you for that.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived in a deeply republican state, Arizona, so I'd definitely say most of them were of the God/Guns/No blacks/No Mexicans/Low Taxes for Richies variety... even poor people, which was interesting.

Granted, I know that's a fucked up sampling... I was down in Washington, as my friend is living there right now, a few times recently. It was difficult to find anyone with ... any sort of liberal leanings there. That REALLY shocked me. I expected Washington to be more liberal, as the West Coast traditionally is...

Out of interest, was it rural Washington or one of the cities? All the things I've read suggest the US is more divided along those lines than state lines

So in liberal states you'll still find unreconstructed views in the countryside, and in deeply conservative states the big cities will tend to be more liberal; for instance Houston and Salt Lake City have elected Democrat mayors for 30 plus years, despite being in Texas and Utah respectively.

Guest ShoePiss
I briefly (9 months) lived in the US too, and I reckon about a third of them don't care about too much beyond God and guns. That's the Republican core vote right there, and the further you can keep these people away from power, the better.

You were in hicksville at a notoriously conservative school. You're right about the split between metropolitan areas versus the sticks.

Out of interest, was it rural Washington or one of the cities? All the things I've read suggest the US is more divided along those lines than state lines

So in liberal states you'll still find unreconstructed views in the countryside, and in deeply conservative states the big cities will tend to be more liberal; for instance Houston and Salt Lake City have elected Democrat mayors for 30 plus years, despite being in Texas and Utah respectively.

Seattle and Bellevue.

Like Stronts I only lived in the States briefly, but I was surprised by how reluctant some were to actually admit they were republicans.

You'd get loads saying 'I've never voted republican im my life but I vote for Giuliani'.

Of course some would have been usual democrat voters but listen to them a little while and they were Republicans through and through, often contradicting themselves at a later point and admitting they'd always voted Republican.

You were in hicksville at a notoriously conservative school. You're right about the split between metropolitan areas versus the sticks.

I don't think I would describe Corvallis as "hicksville", nor OSU as particularly conservative. I found it pretty middle of the road to be honest.

Seattle and Bellevue.

Well, that is quite surprising, I wouldn't have either down as hotbeds of conservatism.

Well, that is quite surprising, I wouldn't have either down as hotbeds of conservatism.

My friend lives next to the Microsoft headquarters in Bellevue, so I think that probably coloured there, but I can't say I was totally surprised to find the people I talked to in Seattle to be fairly conservative.

Guest ShoePiss

King county (the county where Seattle is) came out at 70% Obama in 2008 which is a huge margin. In terms of outlook on life maybe they're more conservative, dunno. They don't vote that way though!

My county, Multnomah came out at 77%, beautiful.

Ah right.

He woke up one morning and the tooth fairy left him billions of dollars to do with as he pleases.

He never got loans off banks in the US using the money put there by ordinary citizens.

He did it all by himself and never employed people to design and manufacture his goods to turn it from a small business into a multinational corporation.

He's paid all his taxes and never took a penny from the state to help keep his business afloat.

Thank you for that.

I didn't say any of the things you said, first you plank.

He is the CEO of the business that hired people that helped him of course. But if you think he still owes the country back for any loans he got 30 or so years ago, then you're a retard.

He's paid more in taxes than all of the members on here and their families combined.

That debate was a complete TKO for Romney. Dominated almost every topic.

I didn't say any of the things you said, first you plank.

He is the CEO of the business that hired people that helped him of course. But if you think he still owes the country back for any loans he got 30 or so years ago, then you're a retard.

He's paid more in taxes than all of the members on here and their families combined.

That debate was a complete TKO for Romney. Dominated almost every topic.

He was more aggressive. Its a sad fact that what he actually said got lost in the uproar about obama's "pensive stance".

Circuses are for clowns. The debate is a circus, and romney is a clown.

As the past 4 years have shown us, the presidency doesnt have to be a circus.

I didn't say any of the things you said' date=' first you plank.

That debate was a complete TKO for Romney. Dominated almost every topic.[/quote']

Kind of what I expected from a right wing nut,a personal insult rather than the admittance that there are plenty of people in the US,several hundred at least,who could pay that 700mill out of their own pockets if they wanted and still remain rich beyond the average American's wildest dreams.

That's my point you Jackass.

You missed my point spectacularly and I simply don't see how you have any idea how much tax he has actually paid or hasn't and neither do I.

I think last night was the night that the election changed.

Before it was a clear run for Obama against the fuckwit.

But Obama looked tired and beaten. Romney looks like he had been well programmed. None of it was meant. None of it was believed by him but his handlers had prepared him well.

Obama just looked down at his podium as if he was a man beaten