You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to see 'fucked up'? Watch Weight of a Nation. All of them. Powerful stuff.

Obama tried to bring a bill into action that helped school lunches get healthier, in an attempt to bring obesity into line.

Congress neutered it. Made 'pizza' count as a Vegetable, French fries "part of a healthy diet" to be served daily, etc. because of the junk food lobbys.

It's absolutely amazing. They tried to bring a 'food advert' guideline to get 'junk food' to be labeled as 'unhealthy' and congress neutered that. Why? Food lobby.

Mental. Mental. Mental.

Panorama looked at the rise in fatal shootings since many states brought in the 'stand your ground' law. They also looked at ALEC and what they've been up to.

I knew money could buy you politicians/influence etc. I didn't know the likes of the NRA could write the laws themselves and then just get politicians to OK them. That's batshit insane.

This has been common practice for years over there. The lobbyists write the bills and the "politicians" often don't even read them. Well, as dim as a lot of them are that is probably quite understandable.

Have a look at stuff like this on ALEC:

9FjKW95lmGs&

Unless the Republicans have another Willie Horton to bring out, that is that. Obama's not perfect but he's not going to start a trade war with China - and with it begin incrementally moving toward an inevitable showdown - or preemptively attack Iran and, right now, that will do for me.

There is such as thing as 'Enjoyable Rape', he isn't wrong there. This only applies if you are the rapist though.

If the US of A do vote in Glove Romney then really the rest of the world should just ignore the thick twats and treat them as they would treat any other idiotic backward country, such as Iran, who also elect on the basis of Fundamentalism versus Intelligence.

There is such as thing as 'Enjoyable Rape', he isn't wrong there. This only applies if you are the rapist though.

If the US of A do vote in Glove Romney then really the rest of the world should just ignore the thick twats and treat them as they would treat any other idiotic backward country, such as Iran, who also elect on the basis of Fundamentalism versus Intelligence.

That is actually plagiarized from the bastion of social commentary, the great Bobby Knight.

Obama screwed up in the first debate and allowed Romney the advantage of being allowed to appear like a viable candidate.

Its been all downhill for Obama since then. Granted he won the second two debates but the damage is done. I can honestly see Romney winning the election. Scarey shit indeed.

Obama screwed up in the first debate and allowed Romney the advantage of being allowed to appear like a viable candidate.

Its been all downhill for Obama since then. Granted he won the second two debates but the damage is done. I can honestly see Romney winning the election. Scarey shit indeed.

The funniest thing is... if Obama were to press to renew the Dubya tax breaks for business, I know a lot of people that wouldn't even entertain the notion of voting for Romney.

Almost everyone I know that will vote Romney will be for that reason alone.

Bobby Knight said "If rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it".

He actually said it to a woman at the time.

I've heard that before but it's just unreal, it would be funny if not so ridiculous.

Romney getting voted leader of the most powerful country in the world will almost equal Dubya getting in power.

Makes me wonder who the fuck votes over there, surely they can't have large turn outs?

It wouldn't be an election without Scottish golf-hater Trump chiming in....nice to see Obama's reposte on the Leno show.

That Trump really is a cunt. I remember going to New York in '09 and our tour guide said "yep, ladies and gentlemen...Donald Trump is a New Yorker. And he's also a complete douche who is hated by pretty much all of the people in this fair city". Quality.

Anyways, back to the election - any nation that decides to elect its president based on a flimsy debate because the incumbent was a bit lethargic deserves the world's contempt/pity/scorn.

Don't get me wrong: Obama isn't perfect. But Romney just comes across as dangerous and wildly incompetent, but without Dubya's buffoonery. The ridiculous comments his party members have made on abortion and rape alone should be enough for the nation to issue a great big "fuck off".

Unfortunately I cannot escape the nagging feeling that there are some people over in the States who don't want Obama simply because of the colour of his skin.

It wouldn't be an election without Scottish golf-hater Trump chiming in....nice to see Obama's reposte on the Leno show.

That Trump really is a cunt. I remember going to New York in '09 and our tour guide said "yep, ladies and gentlemen...Donald Trump is a New Yorker. And he's also a complete douche who is hated by pretty much all of the people in this fair city". Quality.

Anyways, back to the election - any nation that decides to elect its president based on a flimsy debate because the incumbent was a bit lethargic deserves the world's contempt/pity/scorn.

Don't get me wrong: Obama isn't perfect. But Romney just comes across as dangerous and wildly incompetent, but without Dubya's buffoonery. The ridiculous comments his party members have made on abortion and rape alone should be enough for the nation to issue a great big "fuck off".

Unfortunately I cannot escape the nagging feeling that there are some people over in the States who don't want Obama simply because of the colour of his skin.

Nagging feeling?! Hahahahaha! There are LOADS that don't want him because he's black.

It's all down to Ohio now. Win that and you have the election. Obama will shade it, I certainly hope so anyway. Romney is a dumb fuckwit.

The polls seem to have Obama as ~30 votes away. Ohio alone will give him half of that. Romney would need to win virtually all the undeclared/swing states to have any chance of winning. I think Obama will win quite comfortably in the end.

The polls seem to have Obama as ~30 votes away. Ohio alone will give him half of that. Romney would need to win virtually all the undeclared/swing states to have any chance of winning. I think Obama will win quite comfortably in the end.

A top political analyst said that according to the polls Romney may win the Popular vote, but Obama is the clear favourite to win the electoral college.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Just started watching Scrubs. Way better than I thought it was going to be.

Oops, that was meant for the US TV show thread.