You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That weird Wolf Blitzer guy broke it all down. Pretty simple really.

If you are a white rural redneck who believes the Earth was formed 6000 years you voted for the guy who believes, that in Rochester, NY, 150 years ago, some guy named Joe Smith found some gold tablets that only he could translate and that the Promised Land was in fact the state of Utah.

If you are a woman you voted for Obama because Romney has binders full of women and his party has many officials who think rape is okay and women should have the rapey babies.

If you're Mexican you probably didn't vote as the rich white fuckers in the gated communities needed the garden to be tended.

Half of American black men didn't vote. Because W put them all in jail. But the free ones did. All of them.

That leaves the state of California, which is full of raving lesbians, bumming homosexuals and the transgendered in-betweenies along with alot of weeping liberals with too much money and a load of guilt who vote for Obama. Romney carried the survivalists in the Hills.

Ohio was carried because Obama they don't like Mormons there. They like, in this order:

Basketball

Budweiser

WKRP In Cincinatti

River Fire Parties (Like when the Cuyahoga River used to catch on fire from effluent running off from motor car part factories)

Bashing Neil Young song 'Four Dead in Ohio'

Obama likes basketball, drinks beer and everyone knows Venus Flytrap was one cool motherfuckah. And Neil Young is probably not on his ipod.

Romney likes scandal-plagued Winter Olympics, is forbidden to drink beer, is closer to Mr Carlson than Johnny Fever and couldn't give a fuck about the Cuyahoga River- remember his people chaed the Utes out of Utah so they could build a Mormon palace. I don't think he owns an ipod but may own multiple wives.

Was there ever going to be another outcome than Barack in the House?

It's hilarious watching Republicans saying that he hasn't done much when they set out on the day he was elected to make sure he couldn't do much by stopping everything coming through the house.

The idea that there's a left and right to US politics is mental. Economically there's a way right and a bit right. There ain't no left.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Is Biden going to run in 4 years?

Wouldn't matter, he'll not be selected as the nominee anyway. I could see Clinton (Hilary, unfortunately) becoming the nominee if she changed her mind on running. Biden would be, what, 75? Nah.

It's hilarious watching Republicans saying that he hasn't done much when they set out on the day he was elected to make sure he couldn't do much by stopping everything coming through the house.

The idea that there's a left and right to US politics is mental. Economically there's a way right and a bit right. There ain't no left.

There was a good section on the daily show a month or so back setting out the timescales the republicans expected him to have an impact post the last election. The last vt was fox news criticising him for not making an impact about 48 hours (i think) after he'd won.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Who have you got in mind?

Honestly no idea. Martin O'Malley's name has been thrown about, as has Corey Booker, that other black fella who I can't remember, Antonio Villaraigosa, Andrew Cuomo. No real idea who'll make it in the end, though. If I was betting, I'd put my money on somebody who was either really well-known, or somebody fresh-faced and new, like Obama was at this point in 2004.

Wouldn't matter, he'll not be selected as the nominee anyway. I could see Clinton (Hilary, unfortunately) becoming the nominee if she changed her mind on running. Biden would be, what, 75? Nah.

Hilary would be 69, so she couldn't exactly campaign on Biden's age. Really rich people are living far longer these days, too. Speaking of really rich people, I hope Bloomberg gets involved next time. I also quite like the look of Cory Brooker, but 4 years is probably a bit too soon for him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Hilary would be 69

Shut the front door! I didn't think she was as old as 65 at the moment. Bill is 66, so that's pretty old.

so she couldn't exactly campaign on Biden's age. Really rich people are living far longer these days, too. Speaking of really rich people, I hope Bloomberg gets involved next time. I also quite like the look of Cory Brooker, but 4 years is probably a bit too soon for him.

Cory Brooker, that's 'im. I don't know much about him (as you can probably tell, by my hideous misspelling of his name).

Brief look at some of the other candidates proposed, America has become a lot more accepting of divorced politicians, locally, I wonder if that will translate nationally. I could see the Republicans trying to make the campaign about family values and their super-pacs running horrible, defamatory ads. Antonio Villaraigosa was having two seperate affairs at the same time, so it really can't be him. Where does a man find the time between a running a city for three other women? Cuomo looks the part, though, going to look into him over the next few weeks.

It will be a much tougher race next time, that I'm sure of. Daniels, Christie, Jindal, Ryan et al will give the democrats hell.

Denial plays a huge part in the American psyche from what I can tell, and it's not a dig it's just a genuine observation. I think most Americans hanker after some kind of 50s golden age and the key to winning elections is trying to sell them the dream that they can have it back, even though their birthright was sold a long time ago by unscrupulous business minds. They're the Liverpool fans of the world.

Spare a thought for poor old Karl Rove, last seen on air quite bizarrely attempting to get Fox News to rescind it's call of the election in Obama's favour, despite the clear evidence it was a done deal.

Still, if I'd taken a rumoured $300m of the Koch brothers' money to run Super-pac adverts in favour of Romney, and watched as Obama won both the popular and electoral college vote, I think I'd be sleeping with at least one, and probably both eyes open.

Cory Brooker, that's 'im. I don't know much about him (as you can probably tell, by my hideous misspelling of his name).

I was at a conference last year and Cory Booker was one of the speakers. I said to a colleague of mine that he would be President one day. He was an incredibly impressive person.

Brief look at some of the other candidates proposed, America has become a lot more accepting of divorced politicians, locally, I wonder if that will translate nationally. I could see the Republicans trying to make the campaign about family values and their super-pacs running horrible, defamatory ads. Antonio Villaraigosa was having two seperate affairs at the same time, so it really can't be him. Where does a man find the time between a running a city for three other women? Cuomo looks the part, though, going to look into him over the next few weeks.

It will be a much tougher race next time, that I'm sure of. Daniels, Christie, Jindal, Ryan et al will give the democrats hell.

[YOUTUBE]KkAYY31WUG0[/YOUTUBE]