You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Managerial merry go round...

DanDanShaw

Well yeah I put my money on Mark Hughes. Rodgers isn't going anywhere, if you look at the West Brom game we battered them until we went to 10 men.

Only real negative I got from the game was Gerrard, who was fucking shocking - and proved to me he isn't good enough to start anymore.

We'll be fine, top 4 by some margin.

Put down the crack pipe

Well yeah I put my money on Mark Hughes. Rodgers isn't going anywhere, if you look at the West Brom game we battered them until we went to 10 men.

Only real negative I got from the game was Gerrard, who was fucking shocking - and proved to me he isn't good enough to start anymore.

We'll be fine, top 4 by some margin.

Are you sure, DanDanShaw?

Put down the crack pipe

First half was as one sides as you're likely to see. They had two shots, one which came from an awful pass by Gerrard (Ridgewell) and then the other was a goal that you can do nothing about.

Second half Gerrard gives the ball away (again) they play one ball Skrtel slips, we're down to 10 men. Then they get another bulshit penalty, 10 men, 2-0 now and it could be any score; 2-1, 2-2, 3-0, 3-1, 4-0 literally any score.

I'm not worried, at all. I'm usually worried all the time but I honestly believe we will be comfortably say in 3rd/4th all season then finish 4th by a good few points.

First half was as one sides as you're likely to see. They had two shots, one which came from an awful pass by Gerrard (Ridgewell) and then the other was a goal that you can do nothing about.

Second half Gerrard gives the ball away (again) they play one ball Skrtel slips, we're down to 10 men. Then they get another bulshit penalty, 10 men, 2-0 now and it could be any score; 2-1, 2-2, 3-0, 3-1, 4-0 literally any score.

I'm not worried, at all. I'm usually worried all the time but I honestly believe we will be comfortably say in 3rd/4th all season then finish 4th by a good few points.

I wish I had your optimism... I'm only putting City in the top 3 somewhere - United / Chelsea / City in any combination... that leaves Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle and more... to be confident of 4th and optimistic of 3rd is some going!

But if one half away to West Brom is enough to predict much... could you let me know next weeks lottery tickets? ;-)

• 8 years later...

Next Spurs manager? I reckon they could do a lot worse than go for Gerrard. Sarri is favourite but I can't see that working out. Nagelsmann looks like he's going to Bayern and Nuno Santos hasn't pulled up trees with Wolves this season, they've been found out big-time. Rodgers has ruled himself out (which granted, means fuck all with him) and I don't think Eddie Howe would appease the fans. Joachim Low and Klinsmann potentially.... Although if I was Levy I'd go all out for Ancelotti. 

Mourinho next club? Loads of rumours about Celtic but that would be a fucking disaster for both parties. Never happen anyway but like fuck the Celtic board would let him have a multi-million pound sacked clause. He will end up at Benfica I reckon. 

Next Celtic Manager? Howe still favourite but they should have this sorted now in time for next season. Knowing the tight bastards they will just give it to Kennedy and expect him to work miracles with an ageing squad thats falling apart. 

28 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Next Spurs manager? I reckon they could do a lot worse than go for Gerrard. Sarri is favourite but I can't see that working out. Nagelsmann looks like he's going to Bayern and Nuno Santos hasn't pulled up trees with Wolves this season, they've been found out big-time. Rodgers has ruled himself out (which granted, means fuck all with him) and I don't think Eddie Howe would appease the fans. Joachim Low and Klinsmann potentially.... Although if I was Levy I'd go all out for Ancelotti. 

Mourinho next club? Loads of rumours about Celtic but that would be a fucking disaster for both parties. Never happen anyway but like fuck the Celtic board would let him have a multi-million pound sacked clause. He will end up at Benfica I reckon. 

Next Celtic Manager? Howe still favourite but they should have this sorted now in time for next season. Knowing the tight bastards they will just give it to Kennedy and expect him to work miracles with an ageing squad thats falling apart. 

Allegri would make for an interesting appointment IMO. He’s won a few trophies.

Bielsa’s high octane style of play would suit their squad of players, with their pacey wingers; Son, Lucas... and ball playing centre halfs.

I’d also look at Graham Potter. Brighton’s squad is mid-table championship level. He’s got them playing very good football. They outplayed us twice this year.

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Allegri would make for an interesting appointment IMO. He’s won a few trophies.

Bielsa’s high octane style of play would suit their squad of players, with their paces wingers; Son, Lucas... and ball playing centre halfs.

I’d also look at Graham Potter. Brighton’s squad is mid-table championship level. He’s got them playing very good football. They outplayed us twice this year.

Brighton are fucking shite. No better than they were under Chris Houghton. As for out playing us, if you mean they've done like pretty much everyone else has and hung in there and waited till we gave up a goal, you're right. But then based on that analysis, fat Sam and Steve Bruce should be in the running. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Brighton are fucking shite. No better than they were under Chris Houghton. As for out playing us, if you mean they've done like pretty much everyone else has and hung in there and waited till we gave up a goal, you're right. But then based on that analysis, fat Sam and Steve Bruce should be in the running. 

Nah most neutral fans would say they they deserved both results. They had more shots than us in both games. You should try watch their game closely next week. They do play wonderful football at times, especially considering their players. Potter is a talented coach.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Cant see Stevie being interested in Spurs or any other job at the moment. He's seen a number of managers jump to bigger clubs too soon and fall flat on their face.

He's jumped straight into a massive job already. I know its only the SPL but r*ngers are huge, a lot of pressure with that job especially considering the position thy were in when he took over. He's done superb up there, they've been superb in the league and in europe as well. he got far further in europe than that squad should have. I was sceptical about him being a decent manager but he's done everything right so far. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Brighton play good football, and are horrible at converting their chances. Which of course is a pretty important part of it.

They absolutely didnt hang in there and wait for anything when they played us. Took the game to us on both occasions, like they do all games they play. Didnt bother to check but my guess is they pretty much matched us with regards to possession and goal attempts on both occasions

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

He's jumped straight into a massive job already. I know its only the SPL but r*ngers are huge, a lot of pressure with that job especially considering the position thy were in when he took over. He's done superb up there, they've been superb in the league and in europe as well. he got far further in europe than that squad should have. I was sceptical about him being a decent manager but he's done everything right so far. 

It's a fair point you make. ButI dont think there was the pressure on him to win the title or indeed a trophy in his first couple of seasons at Rangers. He made progression after the previous managers. I think if he went to Spurs there'd be a higher expectation immediately. I could be wrong and both Levy and the spurs supporters may give him time.

I think Stevie is proving himself to be a great manager and will look to consolidate Rangers before he looks south.

1 hour ago, scottthecanuck said:

With that stadium to pay for plus the loans for COVID relief I'd think Spurs would be a tough challenge for anyone right now. 

Yeah I think it's a foregone conclusion that Kane is on his way. Need a big revamp. Levy rolled the dice big-time with Mourinho and fell flat on his arse. 

10 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Yeah its almost like only the rest of the world saw it coming.

Most predictable thing ever. I used to think Levy was pretty shrewd but he dropped a massive bollock there. A bollock bigger than his head.... Which isn't saying much to be fair the little pea headed tit. 

• Upvote 1