You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Found this in the same thread, made me chuckle. Where is JR these days, the fucking legend.

THE MATCH!! SOMEONE STOP THE,-;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;, MATCH!! SOMEONE STOP THE MATCH!! SOMEONE STOP

THE MATCH!! THE TEXAS RATTLE,-;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-,SNAKE STONE COLD STONE COLD STONE COLD STUN

NER STUNNER STUNNER STUNN;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\ER STONE COLD STONE COLD STONE COLD BARBEQ

QUE SAUCE BAH GAWD KANG ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\BAH _,,--,_GOD ALL THE AUDACITY THE UNORTHODOX

ENERGY COMING FR;;-,OM THE;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;\_,,-;;;;;;;;;;;;;, TEXAS RATTLESNAKE BAH GOD GET ME

A BEER PURE ENER;;;;;;;-,_GY ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;------;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;RAGING IN THE SOLD OUT ARENA HERE

IN MY HOME TOWN I"-;;;;;;;;;;;-,;;;;;;;--~'''__ . . . . . . . .|''~-;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;N OKLAHOMA TONIGHT FOLKS ITS GON

NA BE A SLOBBERKN'-;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-'' . . . . . . . .,,,, . . ', : :';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;OCKER BAH GOD KANG...WHATS THIS?

WHAT THE HELL WHAT'-;;;;;;;;;;;' . ''___''- , . . . ,- -,, . . .\,-''-;;;;;;;;;;;;;'THE HELL ITS HHH HES RUNNING DOWN

FROM THE TITANTRON B'-;;;;;;;| . . ~''§''' ./ . -, . . . . . . . .-, ;;;;;;;;;;;-'AH GAWD WHATS HE DOING HERE BAH

GOD STUNNER STUNNER S''-;;;; . . . . . .,' . . .'-, . . . . . . .' ;;;;;;;;-''TUNNER BAH GOD KANG, REFEREE EARL

HEBNER JUST TOOK HIS PANT''| . . . . ,' '-'~-''~' '-, . . . . . . .;-~''S OFF GET ME A BEER AND WWF RAW COM

During this week's Monday Night Raw, announcer Jerry "The King" Lawler collapsed at ringside, was stretchered to the backstage area, received CPR and was taken to a Montreal hospital. As Raw went off the air, fans were told his condition had "stabilized."

"Jerry passed out here at ringside," said a distraught Michael Cole to the television audience, Lawler's seat vacant beside him. "He was stretchered to the back."

"He is receiving medical attention as we speak. They are performing CPR. And again, this is not, not part of tonight's entertainment," confirmed Cole.

SLAM! Wrestling's Patric Laprade was at Raw at Montreal's Bell Centre, and filed this report:

"Lawler grabbed (Cole's) arm, collapsed and his face was blueish. Something like 7-8 people rushed to over to him, lifted him backstage. The medics were clearly told by the production to go backstage as they didn't want anything to happen in front of the fans.

"Right after, people were running everywhere, not seeming to know what to do exactly. Cole looked like he saw a ghost and seemed very shaken.

"The staff cleaned the floor near the announcers booth, I'm not sure if that's because he threw up or not.

"There was definitely a moment of panic during those few minutes.

"During every commercials, the fans here are chanting 'Jerry.' They didn't tell us anything here and what Cole said on TV about Lawler getting CPR in the back and that not being part of the show didn't air live."

Twitter is going wild with the news, including a tweet from Lawler's long-time broadcast partner, Jim Ross: "I'm shaken by the news of my friend Jerry Lawler's medical emergency in Montreal. Hands shaking. Prayers for the King. I feel helpless."

WWE.com posted a huge news alert: "During the tag team match between Kane & Daniel Bryan and The Prime Time Players tonight on Raw, viewers may have noticed members of the audience and WWE production team staring toward the commentary booth, as well as the absence of Jerry 'The King' Lawler's voice. WWE.com has learned that the WWE Hall of Famer collapsed at the announcers' table and was tended to in the locker room area by WWE medical staff. Lawler was then taken from the arena to a medical facility in Montreal."

Through its Twitter account, WWE announced that Lawler is going to have a CAT scan at the hospital and "more responsive" and "reacting to lights."

The concluding segments of Raw aired without commentary.

Lawler did wrestle earlier in the show, he did leave the ringside announcers table to team with Randy Orton against CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler.

Jerry Lawler Suffers Heart Attack on RAW

When tragedy strikes the wrestling world, it's difficult to assess the situation. The WWE tries so hard to script believable and shocking storylines, so when someone actually gets injured or something goes horribly wrong, it's often hard to figure out whether the situation is real or all just part of the week's entertainment.

There was nothing fictional about Jerry Lawler's scare on Monday night's episode of WWE Raw.

Lawler, a former WWE wrestler who's long been a commentator for the brand, collapsed and suffered a heart attack while at the announcer's table during Monday's show in Montreal. The ringside medical crew rushed to Lawler's aid and placed him on a stretcher before bringing him backstage, where they performed CPR. Lawler was then taken to a local hospital and is now believed to be in stable condition.

Fellow WWE commentator Michael Cole was the one who broke the news of Lawler's collapse to the viewers at home. The incident occurred during a tag team match featuring Kane, Daniel Bryan and the Prime Time Players, and Cole tried his best to continue to provide commentary throughout the match, but it's now clear that his focus was understandably elsewhere. Shortly thereafter, Cole broke the news, telling fans that Lawler's collapse was not part of the night's entertainment.

The show continued after Lawler's collapse, with Cole providing a few updates throughout the remainder of the telecast. That was the only commentary for the rest of the evening, though, as a visbily distraught Cole informed the audience that no more play-by-play would be provided out of respect for Lawler.

Lawler's condition improved before WWE Raw went off the air, and the WWE released the following statement shortly after.

"Jerry 'The King' Lawler suffered a heart attack while commentating during last night's broadcast of Monday Night Raw in Montreal. We are hopeful Jerry makes a full recovery and returns to WWE in the near future. Our thoughts are with Jerry and his family."

As mentioned, Lawler has long been a broadcaster for the brand, but he's returned to the ring in recent weeks as part of a feud with WWE champion CM Punk. Lawler actually wrestled in a tag team match earlier in the evening on Monday, picking up a victory alongside teammate Randy Orton. The 62-year-old was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2007.

It's good to hear that Lawler's condition has improved, because Monday's situation was startling, to say the least. It was reminiscent of the time commentator Jim Ross broke the news of wrestler Owen Hart's tragic death during a live pay-per-view event, and the Twitter world was immediately very active in wishing Lawler well and lauding the effort of a clearly rattled Cole.

The whole situation is even scarier when you consider this tweet sent out by Smith Hart, brother of both Owen and Bret Hart, who happened to be part of the night's event.

@SmithHart1According to my friend Jeremy Prophet who was backstage at RAW, Jerry was clinically dead for 20 min before being brought back by defibrilat
4H2TUAIiwUc

aVEIsQuazuU

Anybody got a clip of Owen Hart fatal accident, I used to watch wrestling then but missed that event, bit older now always curious to see what happened

There isn't a clip of it. It happened on a live PPV but the WWE were showing an advertisement for a later match when he fell. The crowd thought it was a work (the WWE trying to trick them) so were confused but JR kept confirming that it was not part of the event and the WWE were not showing him being stretchered out but showing the crowd and Jim Ross when he was talking.

Lawler comes back to the announce table and the look on his face shows that he knew Owen was dead.

[YOUTUBE]EXWoYRErgW4[/YOUTUBE]

There isn't a clip of it. It happened on a live PPV but the WWE were showing an advertisement for a later match when he fell. The crowd thought it was a work (the WWE trying to trick them) so were confused but JR kept confirming that it was not part of the event and the WWE were not showing him being stretchered out but showing the crowd and Jim Ross when he was talking.

Lawler comes back to the announce table and the look on his face shows that he knew Owen was dead.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXWoYRErgW4">YouTube Link</a>

Cheers Lewis, I remember getting up for work and seeing it on sky news about his death,I read Bret Harts autobiography a couple of year ago, he was on a flight at the time and the family had to get a message to him on the plane before he heard it 2nd hand, very sad

Im a bit bummed out Kane and Bryan have taken the tag match at NOC. I thought PTP were done for after AW was fired, and was surprised to see them get the match on smackdown. Then they had the bit backstage and thought they could stand on their own two feet. Hopefully they stay in the picture somehow.

Btw, I can't remember any last week, and don't remember seeing any Touts this week on Raw?

Im a bit bummed out Kane and Bryan have taken the tag match at NOC. I thought PTP were done for after AW was fired, and was surprised to see them get the match on smackdown. Then they had the bit backstage and thought they could stand on their own two feet. Hopefully they stay in the picture somehow.

Btw, I can't remember any last week, and don't remember seeing any Touts this week on Raw?

There was 1 - Kingston and Truth.

I hope Lawler makes it. There is concern over his brain as he was without oxygen for a while. I really hope he comes through unscathed. And credit to Michael Cole, he did an unbelievable job given the circumstances.

The show was actually decent but the last hour was absolutely eerie. Cena, Hart and Punk put a masterclass on in the last segment given the circumstances. And I still think Lensar is going to cost Cena at NoC and set up a re-match later in the year to boost Lesnar ahead of a possible HHH re-match and in my view, a shot at the streak.

Kane and Bryan still has some legs, hope they keep the belts for a while until they want to push a new team rather than giving them to two singles competitors that look alike they can throw together.

I think with we need another belt maybe. I'd prefer hardcore, but anything would do. Cruiserweight/light heavyweight. Then you can have credible tag teams, lower card fighting for a belt, middle card fighting for the IC and US, and the upper for the two big belts. With Raw being 3 hours, I don't see why they can't have one match from each 'division' so to speak and still maintain some in-ring and backstage promos, recaps and touts.

I think the Rock should stay out of the ring from now on. He made John fucking Cena look like a great wrestler at Wrestlemania. Talk of the Rock coming back to challenge for the title is silly and he should stick to movies. He was a fantastic character during his time as a full-time WWF personality, and wasn't a bad wrestler either. But now he's too old and too rusty.

I thought Raw was really flat. Not a lot happened. The only thing maintaining my interest is Kane and D Bry which I think is hilarious.

I am surprised that Cena is going to stick around whilst he's injured. He's out for about 6 weeks after having bone spurs removed from his elbow. He has to be considered a massive doubt for Hell in a Cell too, which is 6 weeks away for whatever reason.

• 2 weeks later...