You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Could have put this on the depression thread but I found a lump under my arm, doctor felt it and said it was a lymph node but nowt to worry about and I'd probably had a virus but 'come back if it gets bigger or I feel ill'.

I've been in borderline meltdown ever since though and am absolutely certain I'm goung to die.

Funny though it doesn't feel like a lump as such, more like a thin piece of flab, I'd been back at the gym for the first time in years doing weights and thought it was that, like a muscle knot or some shit.

Had a lump on my bollocks a couple of months back which turned out to be a cyst. I'm sick of this shit though, I have to say.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Could have put this on the depression thread but I found a lump under my arm, doctor felt it and said it was a lymph node but nowt to worry about and I'd probably had a virus but 'come back if it gets bigger or I feel ill'.

I've been in borderline meltdown ever since though and am absolutely certain I'm goung to die.

Funny though it doesn't feel like a lump as such, more like a thin piece of flab, I'd been back at the gym for the first time in years doing weights and thought it was that, like a muscle knot or some shit.

Had a lump on my bollocks a couple of months back which turned out to be a cyst. I'm sick of this shit though, I have to say.

I've had swollen lymph nodes for 2 and a half years. About a dozen throughout my body. All under 1 cm in size so Dr. hasn't bothered testing further. The anxiety just never ends.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

and am absolutely certain I'm goung to die.

You are absolutely right, you are. Not of this though and in all likelihood, not for a long time yet. 

By far the biggest worry is how these things trigger that thought pattern. 

I’m pretty certain you know this as well as I do but it’s;

Situation, leading to…

Thoughts, leading to…

Physical reaction, leading to…

Emotional response, leading to…

Actions.

For many, this is actually a cycle. The easiest part to change is the actions we take when faced with situations that trigger those kind of thoughts. If we always end up doing the same things (actions) then it will be harder to break the cycle. 

We can also target the thoughts directly. The book Mindset by Dr Carole Dweck is something I know has been useful to many. Not my thing, but it might be yours.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mindset-Updated-Changing-Fulfil-Potential/dp/147213995X/ref=asc_df_147213995X_nodl/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310834580283&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8880243185744126025&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046334&hvtargid=pla-453595936974&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Apologies if this is all stuff you’ve been through already. Maybe it helps to be reminded, maybe you can just be pissed off with me and distracted from your current thoughts. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

You are absolutely right, you are. Not of this though and in all likelihood, not for a long time yet. 

By far the biggest worry is how these things trigger that thought pattern. 

I’m pretty certain you know this as well as I do but it’s;

Situation, leading to…

Thoughts, leading to…

Physical reaction, leading to…

Emotional response, leading to…

Actions.

For many, this is actually a cycle. The easiest part to change is the actions we take when faced with situations that trigger those kind of thoughts. If we always end up doing the same things (actions) then it will be harder to break the cycle. 

We can also target the thoughts directly. The book Mindset by Dr Carole Dweck is something I know has been useful to many. Not my thing, but it might be yours.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mindset-Updated-Changing-Fulfil-Potential/dp/147213995X/ref=asc_df_147213995X_nodl/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310834580283&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8880243185744126025&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046334&hvtargid=pla-453595936974&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Apologies if this is all stuff you’ve been through already. Maybe it helps to be reminded, maybe you can just be pissed off with me and distracted from your current thoughts. 

Nah I appreciate it, it's something I need to sort out. Sometimes I go down a rabbit hole with this stuff and just end up making myself ten times worse. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Have you had the vaccine lately or booster? Mine are still swollen.

3 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Bent down to pick up a towel yesterday and put my back out. Fuck sake. 

Gingerly waking around like fucking Quasimodo. Fuck sake. I’d promised Turdsette we’d go and look at bikes for Christmas after school yesterday and I had to use the disability lift to get up and down the stairs in Halfords. 

Fuck sake. 

Ha,mine went on Sunday afternoon,suddenly felt 'tense' around the lower lumber spine (I have a weakness there,the legacy of falling backwards off a industrial skip onto concrete when 18!) It got stiffer and stiffer and I now need a stick to push myself up from sitting.Normally takes a few days to get back to normal.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Elite said:

Have you had the vaccine lately or booster? Mine are still swollen.

Nah not for a while mate, my wife has had two of these super colds in quick succession but I never get them, I haven't been ill with anything like that for about ten years, maybe I get them and don't know it.

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Nah not for a while mate, my wife has had two of these super colds in quick succession but I never get them, I haven't been ill with anything like that for about ten years, maybe I get them and don't know it.

You must have a good immune system if you can escape the common cold for 10 years!

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I hope this will cheer you up a touch.

A mate of mine went to get a lump on his balls checked out and in the room doing the procedure were two fit nurses. He was a bit nervous and worried and he was almost shaking with fear. One of the nurses lifted his gown  while looking at his lump and said 'a cyst.' He turned round and replied 'I know you are just trying to make me feel better but there is no need for the two of you,one is enough.'

True story.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I hope this will cheer you up a touch.

A mate of mine went to get a lump on his balls checked out and in the room doing the procedure were two fit nurses. He was a bit nervous and worried and he was almost shaking with fear. One of the nurses lifted his gown  while looking at his lump and said 'a cyst.' He turned round and replied 'I know you are just trying to make me feel better but there is no need for the two of you,one is enough.'

True story.

When I went there was two women doing my scan.

When she said it was a cyst she said 'it might never clear up' I said 'good job I'm already married', put my sunglasses on (even though it was indoors) and left.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Total Longo said:

Did something to my hip, running 5k in the gym a week Friday ago, tried to rest it since as i was walking like this...

Top Secret Walking Funny GIF - Top Secret Walking Funny - Discover & Share  GIFs

Stood at a gig for two hours solid last night and now my back is killing me. Oh, to be 21 again.  

What gig was it?

I can hardly walk myself, all my lower back is in agony. Been dosed up on painkillers for 2 days and my stomach is in knots. It's the same lower back pain I had when I had Covid but strangely no other symptoms. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What gig was it?

I can hardly walk myself, all my lower back is in agony. Been dosed up on painkillers for 2 days and my stomach is in knots. It's the same lower back pain I had when I had Covid but strangely no other symptoms. 

OMD at the Olympia, mate. Decent.

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nice 

I'm convinced we were the youngest there.  For once i stayed sober as i was driving, but i'd all but forgotten how annoying overly drunk people can be at gigs. With their flailing arms smacking you in the head, chatting disproportionately loudly throughout the songs, treading on my new trabs more than once because they can barely stand up, singing horrifically out of tune (whilst getting most of the words wrong) and filming literally everything. I can forgive most things apart from the trabs stuff. 

And i should point out that these were women.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I'm convinced we were the youngest there.  For once i stayed sober as i was driving, but i'd all but forgotten how annoying overly drunk people can be at gigs. With their flailing arms smacking you in the head, chatting disproportionately loudly throughout the songs, treading on my new trabs more than once because they can barely stand up, singing horrifically out of tune (whilst getting most of the words wrong) and filming literally everything. I can forgive most things apart from the trabs stuff. 

And i should point out that these were women.

You don't wear new trabs to a gig. On you that. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Full of cold. Feels like the first I've had since the pandemic began. Almost forgotten how much of a martyr I play when I'm full of snot and coughing.

My novel approach to fighting it with spicy Pringles, and millionaire shortcake, and telling everyone how ill I am has thus far proved unsuccessful. 

You have 'Man flu.' This is diagnosed by the fairer sex and is accompanied,from them,by a shrug of the shoulders or roll of the eyes and accompanied by statements such as 'You should try having a baby if you think you're bad.'

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You have 'Man flu.' This is diagnosed by the fairer sex and is accompanied,from them,by a shrug of the shoulders or roll of the eyes and accompanied by statements such as 'You should try having a baby if you think you're bad.'

When a woman mentions you have man flu (cue hysterical laughter) I always reply,

"This is a darker strain of man flu."

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Full of cold. Feels like the first I've had since the pandemic began. Almost forgotten how much of a martyr I play when I'm full of snot and coughing.

My novel approach to fighting it with spicy Pringles, and millionaire shortcake, and telling everyone how ill I am has thus far proved unsuccessful. 

This post has inspired me to go out and buy millionaire shortbread. Thanks 

• Upvote 2