You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fabio Borini

moof

Its strange with Borini in the sense it seems a fair few people want him to fail, why the fuck would anyone want that?

His goal today was class and showed a bit of what hes about, great movement to peel off and a nice finish and a bit of passion, from the little we've seen of him he looks purely a penalty box player, not much use anywhere else but there, hes no wide forward, the problem for him is the players that will be ahead of him in that position.

Sometimes it doesn't work out in a players first season and its not like hes been fit the whole time stinking the place out, theres been better more established/experienced players than Borini who have struggled in their first seasons in this league and played a lot more games in doing so.

We should give him a bit of slack, theres definately something there with him, even if it does go tits up we still get 6-8 mill back for him from Italy so its not really that bad.

Borini has not had a run of games in his best position for us and has been out most of the season.From what I have seen he has excellent movement in the box and is always on for the pass for a goal,he also works hard and seems to have a good attitude.

He could be a great poacher for years or an average hard working striker but I would not be able to predict from the little I've seen.

He's ace. Was in the Italian squad for the euros as well, they don't tend to get strikers wrong.

Ancelotti has always rated him highly as well.

Two very good reasons to expect good things.

People want him to fail because they want Rodgers to fail, he was his flagship signing.

Hope he keeps him' date=' Fabio needs a good season injury free and i think he'll be a decent 10-15 goals player.[/quote']

We say this about everybody we suspect is injury prone and they usually get injured again.

Its this problem which i expect to happen again and not give us a chance to fully assess his ability.

People want him to fail because they want Rodgers to fail, he was his flagship signing.

That's not really fair, is it. He was sold to the fans by the manager as someone who could come in and make an instant impact, which he didn't really do.

Rodgers obviously learnt his lesson as in the last window he went out and signed two players, Sturridge and Coutinho, who have hit the ground running and been brilliant from the first minute in a red shirt.

Funny that he is being criticised by some for his trademark celebration that was happening long before Suarez took a chomp at Ivanovic. Much like Suarez kissing his wrist after the Mansfield non-handball incident.

Fucking journos. I wonder if they feel as stupid as they look once they realise that a whole minute's research would show that these celebrations aren't making fun of cheating etc, but rather just what the player does each and every time he scores. Wankers.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Watching the en masse celebration to his goal, I couldn't help thinking "for fucks sake watch what you're doing with him - he's brittle."

But his first couple of touches were class. There's nowt wrong with the finish either. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

• 8 months later...

Looks like Borini will be the lone striker today.

Very interested to see how he does as for me the weakest part of his game is the ability to hold up the ball.

If he can;t do that I don't see him having a future at LFC, as if Suarez and Sturridge both get injured next season, we'll need a third choice striker who can lead the line.

He's got the movement, he can finish, but can he lead the line?!