You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fabio Borini

moof

Not that I ever had the same hopes for him, but at least unlike David n'gog we cut our losses on a forward who wasn't delivering rather than persisting in the vain hope that things change. His (Borini) games and goal figures look very poor on paper but I can see him carving out a decent career for himself. Don't think it will be in the premier league though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed that Numero has been absent from this thread. Wasn't he a huge fan of Borini and predicted he'd do great things? Ahem..

Not a dig at you, but why do people bring this shit up? He was young, looked promising and for 10M wasn't such a gamble. Could've worked out but it didn't. Whose fault is it, I don't know, but Rodgers playing him out of position definately didn't do any good. Not like he's Christan Poulsen or Konchesky, old and shite. He was just young and shite. 

I hoped he'd be decent as well, but you could say just wans't meant to be. And in our current state, even Messi wouldn't help us with Rodgers.

• Upvote 3

Rodgers first signing,  He peaked early 

Oh, you wag you - I see what you've done there!

Just looking back at our managers' first signings and there's only really one who's any good at all.

Houllier - Jean Michel Ferri

Benitez - Josemi

Hodgson - Joe Cole

Dalglish - Luis Suarez

Rodgers - Fabio Borini

• Upvote 1

Oh, you wag you - I see what you've done there!

Just looking back at our managers' first signings and there's only really one who's any good at all.

Houllier - Jean Michel Ferri

Benitez - Josemi

Hodgson - Joe Cole

Dalglish - Luis Suarez

Rodgers - Fabio Borini

Kenny Didn't do too bad the first time in signing McMahon.

Bob and Joe weren't too shabby either in Phil Neal and Gary Gillespie

Borini, on loan at Sunderland, Super Mario everywhere, and Lambert at Southampton, all scored more goals elsewhere than here.

I am not saying that they were world beaters, just that there is a worrying tendency for our forwards to underperform, apart from Suarez.

Borini, on loan at Sunderland, Super Mario everywhere, and Lambert at Southampton, all scored more goals elsewhere than here.

I am not saying that they were world beaters, just that there is a worrying tendency for our forwards to underperform, apart from Suarez.

I would like to say we play to our strengths and that Lambert and Borini were hardly that in our line up whereas they were better supported at Sunderland and Soton.

In truth lately we seem to a be a strikers graveyard ( Suarez excepted) whether its the manager or just the huge weight of expectation I have no idea but I am looking forward to Benteke's 8 goals this season which from the 23 games he will be fit for will be hailed as a great success by our promising young manager.