You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aquilani. Cheeky cunt

Marko121

Guest TK-421
Well I guess he owes him something as he was one of the reasons he was sacked.

Yeah, and it worked out a treat eh? It's not like we've wasted money since and been through several managers.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know whats wrong with some of you lot. People claim that the fact hes been on loan 'proves' that hes shite yet the two clubs in question are juve and milan. Its not as though hes spent the last 2 seasons at pescara. People then claim that because juve didn't sign him after the loan 'proves' that hes shite but the obvious truth is that they realised they could sign pirlo instead who is obviously a better player. Sometimes signings don't work out and this transfer reminds me very much of the mancs signing veron. Veron was a terrible signing but he is hardly shite. There will always be people willing to have aquilani back when we have worse players starting pretty much every week. Similarly, people will want rafa back until we appoint someone better than him. Hopefully rodgers is.

I reckon we'll cancel his contract if Rodgers doesnt fancy him.

Why?

If he is made available on a free we have no obligation to pay him off. And I suspect that on a free, with staged signing on fees, he would get an offer from an Italian club that would be worth his while

... but they are... because they can play here. Playing = Better. Code72 kitting up and jumping on the pitch for Liverpool FC would be better than Aquilani.

I would pay 20p to see that.

And even with Code being blind in one eye, he would still be able to see a lot straighter than Aquilani.

Every decent player who wants to leave us is a twat.... Thats what ive been reading from posts on here, its so short sighted its unbelievable.

Its like what Everton fans have been like, or is this where we are at as a club right now.

Discussing failed transfers, former managers, net spend and reviewing prior seasons' ball winning stats?

20120614-mgps-56kb.jpg

I concur. Xabi sucks ;)

Obviously, more trained people than us have tried and failed to pick out the most valuable stats regarding footballers, but hey - Xabi sucks. Obviously.

Get the feeling this one's heading for the full blown Alonso/Barry/NetSpend.

One of the greatest arguments in the history of the whole wide internet I reckon. It's undead spectre still haunts us. Amazing.

With Aquilani I don't care what happens. I'm over this particular flaccid flop. Hope he quietly signs for someone else in the summer, never to be heard from again. Really, same with Adam and Downing. Onward and upward.

Guest San Don
Rodgers described him as a 'perfect player' in a talksport interview.

Which is why I said 'if he doesnt fancy him.' What he says to talkshite for public consumption may not be the same thing he says to the player.

Why?

If he is made available on a free we have no obligation to pay him off. And I suspect that on a free, with staged signing on fees, he would get an offer from an Italian club that would be worth his while

We've paid off a number of players in the last 12 months. I would imagine if we make him available on a free, we still have to pay him his wage until someone else signs him otherwise to not pay him anymore we'd have to cancel his contract with his agreement. So unless he agrees to a termination without a payoff, it wont happen.

I really don't know whats wrong with some of you lot. People claim that the fact hes been on loan 'proves' that hes shite yet the two clubs in question are juve and milan. Its not as though hes spent the last 2 seasons at pescara. People then claim that because juve didn't sign him after the loan 'proves' that hes shite but the obvious truth is that they realised they could sign pirlo instead who is obviously a better player. Sometimes signings don't work out and this transfer reminds me very much of the mancs signing veron. Veron was a terrible signing but he is hardly shite. There will always be people willing to have aquilani back when we have worse players starting pretty much every week. Similarly, people will want rafa back until we appoint someone better than him. Hopefully rodgers is.

This...

Every decent player who wants to leave us is a twat.... Thats what ive been reading from posts on here, its so short sighted its unbelievable.

Its like what Everton fans have been like, or is this where we are at as a club right now.

..And This!