You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra

Nobody is being disrespectful. All people are saying is that carra was good at chucking himself in front of shots and making clearances, he was world class at it. Nobody gave more for the cause. But that doesnt make him a great footballer.

Ive got a mate who is a top class brickie, he could build a wall 20 ft high and 20 ft wide. If he built that wall in front of the goal it would stop people scoring.

But it would just be a wall, a nicely built wall, but a wall all the same. It would not be a good footballer.

Nobody is being disrespectful. All people are saying is that carra was good at chucking himself in front of shots and making clearances, he was world class at it. Nobody gave more for the cause. But that doesnt make him a great footballer.

Ive got a mate who is a top class brickie, he could build a wall 20 ft high and 20 ft wide. If he built that wall in front of the goal it would stop people scoring.

But it would just be a wall, a nicely built wall, but a wall all the same. It would not be a good footballer.

he is a footballer who has been great at his job in a football team for the majority of his career therefore in my eyes he has been a great footballer just not the most naturally/technically gifted

Im wanting him to call it a day at the end of the season or only be involved when necessary next year to be honest, one of my favourite ever players but I hate seeing him a shadow of his former self

Guest ShoePiss

I don't know why it can't just be left at great player for us and an absolute legend.

Would you swap Hansen or Lawrenson for Jamie Carragher?

Jamie Carragher has been one of the greatest ever servants to this football club.

That doesn't mean he was one of the greatest players. That isn't a criticism. Like Tommy Smith before him he was an essential member of the team.

Just because they weren't in the absolute pantheon like Hughes, Hansen, Thompson, Yeats & Hyypia it does not diminish their achievements at all.

In fact it enhances them and shows their immense strength of character to surpass those great players appearances.

I wasnt around when Hansen and Lawro were in their prime, so I cant say whether I would or I wouldnt have them over him.

One thing I will say is that Great players shouldnt be just based on how good they were. They should be based on what they've won, number of appearances etc.

And taking most of them factors into account I think Carra has been one of our best ever players. He's been a Colossus.

I wasnt around when Hansen and Lawro were in their prime, so I cant say whether I would or I wouldnt have them over him.

One thing I will say is that Great players shouldnt be just based on how good they were. They should be based on what they've won, number of appearances etc.

And taking most of them factors into account I think Carra has been one of our best ever players. He's been a Colossus.

Trust me fella, Carra is a legend because of the man he is, not because of the player. I watched hansen and lawro in their prime, and Carra is really not up there with them as a player.he will be a superb manager for us one day though, i am 100% certain of that.

He's been a great player for the club, and a great servent, but he should be 4th choice at best now as it's got to the stage where he's costing the team, disrupts the defence when he plays and could ruin his legacy.

If that game finishes 1-0 he said it himself he'd never have got over it and he doesn't deserve that. Carra is the type of competitor that will want to play every game and for as long as he can, so it's up to the manager to be bold enough to start to leave him out properly. I'd rather see Agger, Skrtel and Coates at centre back.

Guest TK-421

He has been a living embodiment of the club's spirit and never say die attitude (yeah, pass the sick bag) but this season should be his last in my humble opinion.

[YOUTUBE]4wzShoHTqxY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]977gLtaqi_s[/YOUTUBE]

When did it be ok to start slagging off players who have given everything for the club.

The lad is in the latter part of his career and is being transitioned out of the first team into a squad player.

He has been a great player for the club and is up there with any defender that has pulled on the shirt.

Can't believe people are questioning Carra's ability in his prime. He was an immense defender, world class. We wouldn't have won the CL in '05 without him.

That said, I hope he retires after this season. He's making mistakes almost every match now and I doubt he can play at the required level anymore. Better to hang up his boots now with his head high. Hopefullly with carling cup and Fa-cup medals around his neck.

When did it be ok to start slagging off players who have given everything for the club.

When they become shit, same as every other. Carra also has that dodgy contract hanging over him, the briefing against Rafa in the press and the refusal to play right-back, and the silly comments he's made about foreigners at the club recently. Always out for number one.

When they become shit, same as every other. Carra also has that dodgy contract hanging over him, the briefing against Rafa in the press and the refusal to play right-back, and the silly comments he's made about foreigners at the club recently. Always out for number one.

Hi AL555.

In the box he's the best defender of his generation.Criminally under valued for his ability even by some on here.

seriously? at carra's peak he was an excellent defender but at no stage was he the best defender of his generation, in fact I don't there has been a stage where I thought he was better than sami at liverpool.

seriously? at carra's peak he was an excellent defender but at no stage was he the best defender of his generation, in fact I don't there has been a stage where I thought he was better than sami at liverpool.

You clearly don't remember that time he was Captain Prior to Gerrard taking over.

Also between 2004-2007. Only John Terry really matched him.