You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

I'll tell you what I think (and yes I know I'm not alone, nor is this original)

I don't think Suarez said anything at all, I think it's utter bollocks. Had Suarez been saying such things then bacon face would have launched into the refs room at half time to complain. In fact evra would have mentioned it at least at half time to the ref. But he didn't.

No this came at a convenient time, the start of the kick of out campaign and who did they have as their racist poster boy, you guessed it, that diving nasty Suarez.

The mongo thing has somewhat messed it up, bet bacon face didn't plan on that. But enough mud has stuck that Suarez doesn't get the decisions he deserves, unless the lino (who obviously missed the briefing) gives it and no matter what the decision enough people will believe he is as much a racist as a diving cheat.

For bacon face it's mission accomplished.

No, not at all. The referees, and the referee's association are not a bunch of fools. They know what its all about, also they know what Evra's all about.

Kenny's doing an unbelievably efficient job handling this situation. You've underestimated him.

It'll all come good in the end.

But I don't see why Kenny is trying to get the FA to punish Evra, because they just couldn't do something like that. On what grounds could they punish him? We didn't find him guilty so we're going to ban you for four games for lying?

Well he will have sat in with Suarez when the FA came to town, so I'm sure he's well versed with Evra's accusation. Maybe it really doesn't stack up? Maybe there are some real inconsistencies in it? Maybe he can see right through it and so is setting the groundwork for a public attack on Evra when the FA say they can't prove anything either way? Just hypothesising like......

I'll tell you what I think (and yes I know I'm not alone, nor is this original)

I don't think Suarez said anything at all, I think it's utter bollocks. Had Suarez been saying such things then bacon face would have launched into the refs room at half time to complain. In fact evra would have mentioned it at least at half time to the ref. But he didn't.

No this came at a convenient time, the start of the kick of out campaign and who did they have as their racist poster boy, you guessed it, that diving nasty Suarez.

The mongo thing has somewhat messed it up, bet bacon face didn't plan on that. But enough mud has stuck that Suarez doesn't get the decisions he deserves, unless the lino (who obviously missed the briefing) gives it and no matter what the decision enough people will believe he is as much a racist as a diving cheat.

For bacon face it's mission accomplished.

Got to say Dave, I think there is a lot of truth in that. I don't necessarily think Taggart instigated the whole thing but I certainly believe that there is a concerted effort been made to smear Suarez, both as a person and by the way he plays the game.

Suarez should go after him in the courts, yes! But I don't see why Kenny is trying to get the FA to punish Evra, because they just couldn't do something like that. On what grounds could they punish him? We didn't find him guilty so we're going to ban you for four games for lying?

For an allegation as serious as this, Evra should have went direct to the FA. He should not have ran to the nearest French television camera and aired his accusation to millions around the world. The fact he has done this, publicly dragging Suarez's name in to a very sensitive matter, means that if Suarez is found innocent then Evra should face punishment.

Guest davelfc
No, not at all. The referees, and the referee's association are not a bunch of fools. They know what its all about, also they know what Evra's all about.

Kenny's doing an unbelievably efficient job handling this situation. You've underestimated him.

It'll all come good in the end.

I should have mentioned my total faith in Kenny and that I could think of few better to handle this and old bacon face.

i do think referees take the easy option when it comes to the mancs, I do think a lot fear him. He certainly has an influence on them and while I don't believe any claims of bribery or such nonsense, his influence cannot be denied as one of the factors in their extraordinary fortune over the years when it comes crucial match decisions.

Well he will have sat in with Suarez when the FA came to town, so I'm sure he's well versed with Evra's accusation. Maybe it really doesn't stack up? Maybe there are some real inconsistencies in it? Maybe he can see right through it and so is setting the groundwork for a public attack on Evra when the FA say they can't prove anything either way? Just hypothesising like......

Those are fair points, and I hadn't thought of those scenarios, but I find it hard to see them finding any inconsistencies in Evra's statement unless Evra had a witness who's story wasn't the same as Evra's, which he doesn't.

For an allegation as serious as this, Evra should have went direct to the FA. He should not have ran to the nearest French television camera and aired his accusation to millions around the world. The fact he has done this, publicly dragging Suarez's name in to a very sensitive matter, means that if Suarez is found innocent then Evra should face punishment.

I just don't understand what the FA can punish him for? Suarez can take him to court if he wants and sue him but I'm not quite sure what the FA can do about Evra going public with his allegations. I wouldn't mind it one bit if Evra was punished and banned for this, but I just can't see it, as the FA would open themselves up to all sorts of accusations about being a racist organisation.

Hopefully Evra gets a life ban for his vile, false allegation. Doubt it though somehow and a shame to see some of our fans would appear to want Suarez found guilty which is slightly weird!

Which Liverpool fans wants Suarez found guilty for this? I haven't seen anyone say they want Suarez to be found guilty, I think you're overexaggerating, as usual.

Just had a recap of the thread over at the Mong Cafe, so you may want to skip this post.

Here are some of the most recent highlights -

*Hang on... he's admitted calling him a "Negro". It's hard to work out how Evra could be in the wrong here?

*They're not only supporting, harbouring and blatantly covering up a racist, they are also very publicly criticising the victim the of racist abuse and doing everything they can, very openly, to transfer the blame.

If that isn't institutionalised racism and a massive v-sign to the victims of racial abuse and all the campaigns against that, I don't know what it is

*Liverpool are tarnishing their image as a club that has support all over the world by supporting a racist.

That is the tragedy.

but the thick scousers wont understand that.

*This situation highlights everything that is wrong with the attitude towards racism in football, and the actions of Dalglish and LFC in trying to publicly scapegoat Evra, even though Suarez has admitted it are nothing short of horrific.

*Dalglish is living in the eighties. How is he allowed to get away with this? How is Suarez supposed to learn basic human morals with that as a mentor?

Guest davelfc

So Suarez has admitted it, that's news to me. If then Kenny has called for the perpetrator to be punished, how can he be supporting a racist......

oh hang on... I should know better than to anthropomorphise utd fans, silly me.

Just had a recap of the thread over at the Mong Cafe, so you may want to skip this post.

Here are some of the most recent highlights -

*Hang on... he's admitted calling him a "Negro". It's hard to work out how Evra could be in the wrong here?

*They're not only supporting, harbouring and blatantly covering up a racist, they are also very publicly criticising the victim the of racist abuse and doing everything they can, very openly, to transfer the blame.

If that isn't institutionalised racism and a massive v-sign to the victims of racial abuse and all the campaigns against that, I don't know what it is

*Liverpool are tarnishing their image as a club that has support all over the world by supporting a racist.

That is the tragedy.

but the thick scousers wont understand that.

*This situation highlights everything that is wrong with the attitude towards racism in football, and the actions of Dalglish and LFC in trying to publicly scapegoat Evra, even though Suarez has admitted it are nothing short of horrific.

*Dalglish is living in the eighties. How is he allowed to get away with this? How is Suarez supposed to learn basic human morals with that as a mentor?

Ah, Suarez has admitted it has he? Must have missed that.

If someone went and told the world that I called him a n****r at least ten times and there are cameras and you can see it, without anything to back it up, I'd take action against him. No question about that. There is no middle ground here in my eyes, he either said it or he didn't. If it's a false claim, Suarez should go after him.

Plenty of things happen that can't be conclusively proven. Does that mean they didn't happen? Things ain't that black and white I'm afraid.

Got to say Dave, I think there is a lot of truth in that. I don't necessarily think Taggart instigated the whole thing but I certainly believe that there is a concerted effort been made to smear Suarez, both as a person and by the way he plays the game.

Christ. Why? Why would Ferguson try and smear his name as a player and a person?

What is with the sudden paranoia round here? It's embarrassing, and on a par with Utd fans and their 'greater ABU' conspiracy theory which is fucking diabolical.

Christ. Why? Why would Ferguson try and smear his name as a player and a person?

What is with the sudden paranoia round here? It's embarrassing, and on a par with Utd fans and their 'greater ABU' conspiracy theory which is fucking diabolical.

I think your "Suarez might have done it" attitude when theres no evidence to support Evra's case is far, far worse.

You've been a massive twat on this whole subject.

Guest davelfc

Then we're left with almost only one conclusion, that he's guilty. Now 'christ' I don't think he is. What other reason would evra have for lying, why would he lie about something like this.

If you believe Suarez is innocent, and the lack of evidence, witnesses and the FACT that evra had plenty of time to react, complain but waited until after he had changed and spoken to his manager, sort of to me suggests that this is bullshit.

Then why not believe this is one of the latest set of mind games the auld prick has used. He is getting senile after all.

What is embarrassing is you.

United have previous for this.

Alan Smith's ambulance.

Steve Finnan's racism (a month after the game in question)

Chelsea's groundsman

Rafa's abuse of Allardyce

Nani's near death experience at the studs of Carragher

You can go further back to when Ferguson accused Forest and Newcastle of organising Pearce's testimonial in exchange for three points in the 96 title race.

They will do and say anything they want in order to get what they want, even if it's just to deflect attention away from defeats or embarrassment.

I think your "Suarez might have done it" attitude when theres no evidence to support Evra's case is far, far worse.

You've been a massive twat on this whole subject.

Ditto, my friend.

I have no idea if Suarez said it or not. Neither do you. You can claim you do, but the reality is you have no idea what went on.

Plenty of things happen that can't be conclusively proven. Does that mean they didn't happen? Things ain't that black and white I'm afraid.

I don't see how they can't remove most of the doubt in it though, put the video on and ask him to show the 10 points where he is supposed to have said it. There is not a chance it wouldn't be caught on video, don't Sky have something like 60 cameras on a live game? The point it came out his mouth and the point of reaction would almost Definetly be caught.

If he can't show any of these points then he should be heavily punished

Ditto, my friend.

I have no idea if Suarez said it or not. Neither do you. You can claim you do, but the reality is you have no idea what went on.

Exactly you fool, so its innocent until proven otherwise.

Why do you get so annoyed with people daring to support him and thinking he's innocent? Perhaps we should start calling him a rapist aswell, he's probably commited a few, just not been caught yet eh?

Then we're left with almost only one conclusion, that he's guilty. Now 'christ' I don't think he is. What other reason would evra have for lying, why would he lie about something like this.

If you believe Suarez is innocent, and the lack of evidence, witnesses and the FACT that evra had plenty of time to react, complain but waited until after he had changed and spoken to his manager, sort of to me suggests that this is bullshit.

Then why not believe this is one of the latest set of mind games the auld prick has used. He is getting senile after all.

What is embarrassing is you.

Ferguson never made the initial racist claim. Evra did.

"The boy Suarez diving all over the place"

He deliberately said this to kick start the band wagon, even though there were plenty more worse culprits on the pitch than him. He did the exact same with Torres last season. It's no coincidence to me that he has publicly criticised our two most dangerous players in the past few years, the two players who've absolutely destroyed his side's defence and who they've been unable to handle.

From the Telegraph a couple of weeks ago

"I'll say something but won't add to it. People question Luis Suraez's integrity and it's their integrity that needs to be questioned, not his," said Dalglish.

Suarez had also been accused of diving by United manager Sir Alex Ferguson in last week's game.

Kenny is on to it. Don't underestimate the man and the lengths he will go to to de-rail opponents. You only have to look at the disgraceful press Suarez has got in the past few weeks, the criticism he's received from knuckle-draggers like Paul Scharner, and the total lack of protection he has received from referees to see that Ferguson's words have made a difference. If one of his players wants to throw a race accusation in to the mix then the more the merrier.

Guest davelfc
Ferguson never made the initial racist claim. Evra did.

He spoke to his manager and they went to see the ref. Your stance on this is worrying, you're either a massive twat or .. well maybe just a twat. I'm not sure, what would evra say?

Exactly you fool, so its innocent until proven otherwise.

Why do you get so annoyed with people daring to support him and think he's innocent? Perhaps we should start calling him a rapist aswell, he's probably commited a few, just not been caught yet eh?

I'm not annoyed at all. I do believe you started petty name calling, so maybe it is you who is annoyed.

I definitely believe in innocent until proven guilty and that is why I am not making a judgement on this. I am not prepared to call Evra a liar or Suarez a racist.