You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

And so you shouldn't.

But you should care what referees think of Suarez. Like Lee Mason.

And what our future referees think of Suarez, the opinions of whom will be further coloured due to the growing momentum of this label, the source of which is continued media scrutiny.

You only have to listen to commentators / pundits and read articles to see this 'cheat' thing has legs. No other player is getting it at the minute are they? Nani, Young, Rooney for example...

He didn't dive against the mancs. He was kicked against Norwich and got little/nothing. He wasn't going to get a pen on Saturday, but for the lino.

Not a coincidence. Not a conspiracy either. Just another example of the way fungus can set the agenda due to his years of power-gathering.

He got a rough enough time at Norwich and got next to fuck all. In saying that, he definitely went down easy a few times. But there was more than a few times he was just dragged to the ground in clear view of the ref and got nothing.

Now, Suarez could be accused of the boy who cried wolf in a sense. But the ref seemed determined to give him fuck all. Absolutely determined and it was no surprise following Fergiscum's comments the week before.

I think someone on Norwich's team could have pulled a gun and shot Suarez in the head and Mason would have given fuck all.

I believe that I quite a reasonable person, and try nolt to subscribe to conspiracy theories and the like. However, I have to disagree with you here.

When slur speaks his media hounds bark. When the media reiterate a belief, the great unwashed get in line. (You don't have to be Noam Chomsky to see that)

Downing's dive was toe-curling, I agree.

But Young was flinging himself around too.

Against City the shaved chimp threw himself on the floor twice in the box. Not a dickie-bird...

Did everyone turn a blind eye (again...) because he's English, plays for England and has a reputation for being tough? I would certainly say so.

Rooney is a diver. A cheating diver. Rooney 'flings himself all over the place'. But ask the average punter and they'll disagree.

I think the belief Ferguson doesn't hold a disproportionate amount of influence with the media is an absolutely extraordinary position to take, given the overwhelming evidence. Journalists themselves openly concede it.

I think the belief Ferguson doesn't hold a disproportionate amount of influence with the media is an absolutely extraordinary position to take, given the overwhelming evidence. Journalists themselves openly concede it.

This is a quote from the Guardian, which just shows how his accusations have stuck.

"Paul Scharner was furious and, echoing Sir Alex Ferguson's complaints a couple of weeks ago, accused Suárez of simulation. "It was a nice dive for the penalty," said the Albion midfielder, perhaps a little harshly. "He's very good at winning penalties. He's one of the best on the planet, in fact. I had a good view of it. If that's a penalty, then you will find 1,500 penalties are given in every match."

I really don't think dignified silence is the way to go here, we should have said on the monday after the United game 'I suggest Alex concentrates on stopping Nani, Young, Rooney and Berbatov from diving, then he can start lecturing other teams'.

Every West Brom fan on Saturday was referring to him as a cheating bastard, as was every Norwhich fan, he did nothing in either of those games.

Dalglish not ready to class Carroll and Suárez among Liverpool greats | Football | The Guardian

There's no doubt there's a conspiracy here,which in one way is a good thing as Suarez is seen as a threat but its media campaigns like this that drive top quality foreign players out of this country and whisky nose realises that.

The drunken cunt even commented on the Tevez situation when its got fuck all to do with him.

This is what we're up against.

I watched Scharner in the first half go down as though he had been elbowed by Adam, when there was no contact of the kind, he gets up and runs away when he realises there was no free kick, and yet he is standing there (no doubt in a pair of fucking ridiculous spectacles) taking the moral high ground.

The Guardian, Independant and the Telegraph all refer to the ambiguity of the penalty! It is fucking ridiculous.

I'm truly flabbergasted by some of the bullshit I've heard and read surrounding the penalty, it's one of the most obvious penalties you'll see all season. How it's even being debated is beyond me. Ans Suarez's 'role' in getting Rodwell sent off is another incident that keeps being mentioned, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Fergusons long standing tenure, his success, and the status of Man U give him an audience.

However he has never scored a goal, made a tackle, or a save, for Man U on the pitch.

The media stuff is just for fun, and the,err...........media

Not one of the papers/experts have mentioned the fact that if you continue to watch the incident (as opposed to already knowing everything about the cheating/diving Suarez) Luis doesn't appeal and gets up to try and win the ball back. Which kind of suggests he didn't simulate to win a penalty, he didn't even think it was a foul.

Maybe we should condemn him for not telling the assisstant it wasn't a foul, dirty cheater that he is.

Even a large amount of the West Brom fans on their Forum are saying that it was a penelty. nobody has stated he dived.

The ones saying that it wasnt a pen are saying it because he got up and played on and didnt make a deal of it.

Media are being shite over this.

Edited by Nomad

It was a definite penalty. Suarez was legitimately knocked to the ground, and as other people have mentioned he shot straight back up to try and win the ball back. If any other player was fouled except Suarez it wouldn't have even been mentioned.

I heard Hodger the Codger saying that "Even Liverpool fans would admit it wasn't a penalty". Fuck off you clown!

Can't understand all this shite about the peno. I'd love Kenny to come out and just state that both Hodgson and Sharner need to just look at the footage and stop being so bloody thick. Even if they want to stupidly argue that it wasn't a penalty, Suarez was definately taken down. To call it a dive is just fucking dumb.

It's just all bizzare. Alex Ferguson has done yet another fine job in getting his cohorts in the press to turn on a player. He's gutted he didn't buy him, so now he wants to force him out of the league instead.

It's just all bizzare. Alex Ferguson has done yet another fine job in getting his cohorts in the press to turn on a player. He's gutted he didn't buy him, so now he wants to force him out of the league instead.

Bcaonface is hardly alone there, every tea in the world now wishes they'd bought him, because if/ when he does leave, he's now worth £50m.

The penalty on Saturday was one of the most blatant that you will see this season. As said by other posters, if that foul happens outside the area then there is no debate.

I've wathced Suarez for a season and a half now and the stuff that he gets branded a cheat for doing is called 'professional' or 'using experience' when other (English) players do it. Backing into defenders, drawing fouls etc. is part and parcel of the game and has been being used by strikers for years, with Shearer being an example.

He's not a cheat, or at least no more of a cheat than other players. I'm angry that the drunken old twat has managed to tarnish the reputation of yet another of our players and I hope that the club defend Suarez because otherwise he could get fed up of this shit pretty quickly.