You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

At the end of it all the FA has to make it clear;

"Any accusation of this nature and you come straight to US.

You go to anyone else - especially fucking television - and we will nail your arse there and then".

It's only because they're so shit scared of their own shadow - and the club making the accusation - that they haven't already.

They'd probably freeze solid if the England captain should ev-......oh.......

"The boy Suarez diving all over the place"

He deliberately said this to kick start the band wagon, even though there were plenty more worse culprits on the pitch than him. He did the exact same with Torres last season. It's no coincidence to me that he has publicly criticised our two most dangerous players in the past few years, the two players who've absolutely destroyed his side's defence and who they've been unable to handle.

From the Telegraph a couple of weeks ago

"I'll say something but won't add to it. People question Luis Suraez's integrity and it's their integrity that needs to be questioned, not his," said Dalglish.

Suarez had also been accused of diving by United manager Sir Alex Ferguson in last week's game.

Kenny is on to it. Don't underestimate the man and the lengths he will go to to de-rail opponents. You only have to look at the disgraceful press Suarez has got in the past few weeks, the criticism he's received from knuckle-draggers like Paul Scharner, and the total lack of protection he has received from referees to see that Ferguson's words have made a difference. If one of his players wants to throw a race accusation in to the mix then the more the merrier.

I just think, like John Terry, Suarez is media flavour of the month. It will soon pass and I really don't see it as a Ferguson-instigated smear campaign on Suarez as a player and person.

Yep, Ferguson does like to undermine opponents through the press but would he really be worried by Suarez and Liverpool? Would his attention not be better focused on David Silva and Man City?

At the end of it all the FA has to make it clear;

"Any accusation of this nature and you come straight to US.

You go to anyone else - especially fucking television - and we will nail your arse there and then".

It's only because they're so shit scared of their own shadow - and the club making the accusation - that they haven't already.

They'd probably freeze solid if the England captain should ev-......oh.......

Absolutely. Evra was a massive prick going straight to the press when he could have gone through any number of proper channels.

I just think, like John Terry, Suarez is media flavour of the month. It will soon pass and I really don't see it as a Ferguson-instigated smear campaign on Suarez as a player and person.

Yep, Ferguson does like to undermine opponents through the press but would he really be worried by Suarez and Liverpool? Would his attention not be better focused on David Silva and Man City?

You'd think he would be more bothered by city but after the team he played against us he seemed shut scared, no idea why like

Guest davelfc

A lot of people thought this was highly unlikely but waited to see if there was evidence. Three weeks later and all the technology available to hand and what was a suspicious accusation in the first place cannot be proved at all. Innocent until proven guilty and there's not a shred of evidence.

A lot of people will have forgotten the evra dive in front of the kop, you know the one where Suarez didn't touch him at all and he went down and even had treatment for his agony. Let me help them, he kissed the badge on the way off the pitch, you know while under extreme agony. Well until seconds later when Suarez was running rings around him again.

We're asked to believe that with no evidence at all, he kept his temper and managed to count the times he was racially abused throughout the game. While at no time reacting, mentioning it to other players, telling the ref or in fact at half time bringing it to someones attention.

No only after a chat with his manager after the game had finished and when changed did they seek out the referee.

I'm sorry but it has more holes in it than rooneys scalp.

Suarez IS innocent but will forever be tarnished by this, that's the crime here. Oh and private Tom being a bit of a twat.

I'm not annoyed at all. I do believe you started petty name calling, so maybe it is you who is annoyed.

I definitely believe in innocent until proven guilty and that is why I am not making a judgement on this. I am not prepared to call Evra a liar or Suarez a racist.

The problem with your stance Tom is that Suarez has already been labelled a racist, and via the media, I don't see to many people calling Evra a liar through the media.

There is no way of knowing. But the presumption of innocence has dissapeared because he accused him of using racist language. The problem with cases like this are that it is difficult to prove either way, so you end up with the accusation lingering and the insinuation lingering.

You'd think he would be more bothered by city but after the team he played against us he seemed shut scared, no idea why like

I don't think he was trying to get Suarez, nor do I think he was tactically highlighting his 'diving' to help United, he is just a cunt and probably feels (as most of the country seems to agree) that because he dives he must also be a racist.

If you were Alex Ferguson and you knew how much of a storm an accusation of Racist abuse would cause, would you innocently add to it by also mentioning his diving? He must have known the nature of the accusations as he had been to the referees room with Evra so he should have realised what effect his words would have, but he still came out with it. It was/is an unbelievably sly and manipulative thing to do, but I think his motivation is that he is just a cunt, a horrible embittered old cunt.

The problem with your stance Tom is that Suarez has already been labelled a racist, and via the media, I don't see to many people calling Evra a liar through the media.

There is no way of knowing. But the presumption of innocence has dissapeared because he accused him of using racist language. The problem with cases like this are that it is difficult to prove either way, so you end up with the accusation lingering and the insinuation lingering.

Where in the press in Suarez being called a racist and by who? I haven't read that myself but I am not an exhaustive press reader by any means.

As for my problematic stance, surely the problematic stances are those taken by people who have already labelled Suarez a racist or Evra a liar?

Where in the press in Suarez being called a racist and by who? I haven't read that myself but I am not an exhaustive press reader by any means.

As for my problematic stance, surely the problematic stances are those taken by people who have already labelled Suarez a racist or Evra a liar?

The accusation was made via the Media and reported via the Media, so the accusation is in the media, and no matter what the outcome is that is still going to be lingering.

I am not sure what can be done to be honest, if you feel you have been subjected to Racist abuse then you have the right to report this! But I think whilst your stance is technically correct, accusations such as this are never going before a jury, nor are they ever going to be proven, certainly without witnesses and tangible proof. We don't seem to have either of these, just accusations from one person which are denied by the other person.

And a load of people who are basing their response upon their own perspectives, which are ultimately biased.

What I would add though, is whose situation would you prefer, who will lose the most and whose reputation is going to be affected to a greater extent?

I think Suarez is the one who suffers most regardless of the outcome. In modern society it is much better to insist you were actually racially abused than deny you racially abused someone.

IMO that is.

I would imagine his question is where have you come by the conclusion that it’s all over now and Evra made it up, given that the FA said they won’t have a response this week.

They won't have a response this week because...?

Obviously takes a fair bit of time to ask Evra some questions and to re-watch the match again, and ask if anyone else on the field heard anything?

3 weeks?

It's over, Suarez isnt going to get done because he did nothing wrong and they haven't found it so far and another week isn't going to change a thing.

A good post, Whelan.

I agree that the procedures for reporting racist abuse, which is unacceptable, need to be tightened up. In the first instance surely the chain should be the referee being made aware of it, the ref then reporting whatever he has heard to the clubs/FA and then a disciplinary hearing convened if there is sufficient evidence.

Trial by media helps no-one.

In the Evra case we don’t know what was said, or if there is any corroborating evidence. I for one make no judgement one way or the other. I do think that there is an issue when, as in the Evra/Suarez incident, there are three languages involved, the nuances of each language being inevitably different.

John Terry is in much deeper water. One language was involved, and the abuse so obvious that those watching television were remarking upon it before the match had finished. Obviously Terry’s side needs to be heard – but it will need to be a convincing story.

The further problem for the FA is that they have been the most vociferous of all the European FA’s complaining about racism on the pitch and on the terraces when England have played abroad, and have ruffled a few feathers (rightly) in doing so. The pressure to come down on Terry hard, if guilty, will be considerable, the latitude to be soft, minimal.

To be fair the Mirror did say Suarez called Evra a negro and as far as I am aware Suarez denies saying anything of the sort. The Mirror should be forced to apologise if this is the case.

Guest ShoePiss

You could go all code72 here and state that he hasn't been called a racist in this article but it's exactly this kind of thing that is so damaging. It's the shithouse insinuation that is hard to confront and correct.

Ac_ywgFCQAAv5B8.jpg

You could go all code72 here and state that he hasn't been called a racist in this article but it's exactly this kind of thing that is so damaging. It's the shithouse insinuation that is hard to confront and correct.

Yep, Suarez has been tarnished by this and I really don't see how this can come to a satisfactory conclusion either way. When it's one man's word against another, both come away looking guilty.

And I would much rather the insuinuation was that I was a liar than a racist.

To be fair the Mirror did say Suarez called Evra a negro and as far as I am aware Suarez denies saying anything of the sort. The Mirror should be forced to apologise if this is the case.

My point about language in a nutshell. The word negro describing literally someone who is black may be neutral,in Spanish it is an exact translation, the slang has a reputation in English/American usage as being highly offensive.

There is slightly less ambiguity in Terry's usage.

Hopefully Evra gets a life ban for his vile, false allegation. Doubt it though somehow and a shame to see some of our fans would appear to want Suarez found guilty which is slightly weird!

God I hate it when people do this.

Not 1 Liverpool fans wants Suarez to be found guilty. However, some of them are above the childish nonsense of firmly believing someone is perfect and whiter then white (see what I did there) because of the shirt they wear.

Stupid post and I have negged you with my mighty white sword.

Guest ShoePiss
God I hate it when people do this.

Not 1 Liverpool fans wants Suarez to be found guilty. However, some of them are above the childish nonsense of firmly believing someone is perfect and whiter then white (see what I did there) because of the shirt they wear.

Stupid post and I have negged you with my mighty white sword.

Hold on a sec, I believe Suarez is innocent not because he plays for my team but because of context.

I pulled a mong face at your post, much better than a giving you a neg.

Forums amuse me for the abuse people get when they don't conform to the majority-held opinion.

I do chuckle!

Its more that you are happy to believe that Whisky Nose isnt trying to slur Suarez when he has a track record of doing similar things to opposition clubs and players over the past few years.

You also seem to have been happy not to defend Suarez when in law itself it should be innocent until proven guilty and perpetuate the insinuation of Suarez being racist,a stance being currently perpetuated by the media at the moment.

As for Evra,I despise him as both a Manc and a human being as he has handled this all wrong and encouraged a trial by media,a media which is completely sympathetic to Man Utd.

Yeah, why would Ferguson be worried by Suarez and Liverpool. I can't think of any reaason.

Its more that you are happy to believe that Whisky Nose isnt trying to slur Suarez when he has a track record of doing similar things to opposition clubs and players over the past few years.

You also seem to have been happy not to defend Suarez when in law itself it should be innocent until proven guilty and perpetuate the insinuation of Suarez being racist,a stance being currently perpetuated by the media at the moment.

What would I be defending Suarez against? I am not making judgements either way.

Definitely don't agree re the slur from Ferguson. He is defending his player as Kenny is his. Do you expect him to act differently? The diving allegations have been levelled at Suarez since he came to England. They are nothing new and definitely not started by Ferguson. Yes, they have gathered pace recently, and Ferguson's comments have contributed to that, but they'll die down. It is no orchestrated campaign against Suarez and Liverpool. That's in my view of course!

Fuck me, you really don't get this do you?