You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gav, you're super thick.

And I mean proper downsy thick, mouthbreather territory.

Mong ...anti-kenny agenda driven bullshit posts,up there in intelligence levels as the halftime wanker calling for kelly to come on.That dictionary can be passed to you next.

This place is a fucking joke,a bunch of hysterical old women who can't figure out who to scream about ..for fucks sake ,every player has been singled out as the reason,manager being castigated and the usual Lucas haters have now turned up to blame him too.Fucking muppets the lot of you.Really pains me that you cunts support this team.

This.

Some people dont seem to realise us loosing 4-0 today was the result of having two players sent off. We may very well have lost 11 against 11, but we were always in the game for the time we had all our players on the pitch. Hell we even scored a goal, offside mind you, and Suarez missed a sitter. But it's not as if we were completely twatted, which some people will have you believe. Those same people also make it sound like we have been shite for all games so far this season. Which is far from the truth, the truth is we have been somewhat unlucky not to have had 12 points before this game.

The only thing i can really fault Kenny for today would be selecting Skrtel, putting him up against Bale was asking for trouble and i was pretty sure as soon as the notion of him playing RB against spurs became plausible, he'd be sent off and it'd fuck with our defence as a whole as he's out of position more times than not when playing at RB.

Exactly

There were obviously poor individual performances but I don't think you can get away form just how poorly we were set up in that game. You defend deep, or you defend high, either way, you do it as a unit, we didn't do that today. No collective understanding whatsoever. Where was master organiser Carragher? Pulling his defence ten yards further back than they ought to be.

It's true though' date=' Rafa is a much better manager than Kenny. Of course Kenny is a Liverpool legend but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be criticised. If Rafa had the backing of the owners like Kenny has had, we definitely wouldn't be losing 4-0 to fucking Spurs.[/quote']

There is no way on gods earth Benitez is a better manager than Dalglish. That's without the fact that Dalglish is worshipped as one of the two or three most significant names in the history of this club. Benitez was a devisive influence and was altogether more self serving than any other manager at Liverpool bar Souness. Benitez alienated his best players and presided over plenty of spectacularly clueless, witless and stilted performances, and his last year was almost spectacularly shit. Then he moved to Italy and proved it was no fluke.

Benitez achieved a great thing in his first season, but the only thing he subsequently proved to me was that he did not get what was need to win the premier league. Even his much lauded 2nd place was due to the players adopting a more creative and expansive approach, at times in conflict with wishes of the manager.

The isolated great wins shouldn't make anyone overlook the largely dismal, predictable, one-dimensional fare served up and easily dealt with by the opposition.

There is no way on gods earth Benitez is a better manager than Dalglish. That's without the fact that Dalglish is worshipped as one of the two or three most significant names in the history of this club. Benitez was a devisive influence and was altogether more self serving than any other manager at Liverpool bar Souness. Benitez alienated his best players and presided over plenty of spectacularly clueless, witless and stilted performances, and his last year was almost spectacularly shit. Then he moved to Italy and proved it was no fluke.

Benitez achieved a great thing in his first season, but the only thing he subsequently proved to me was that he did not get what was need to win the premier league. Even his much lauded 2nd place was due to the players adopting a more creative and expansive approach, at times in conflict with wishes of the manager.

The isolated great wins shouldn't make anyone overlook the largely dismal, predictable, one-dimensional fare served up and easily dealt with by the opposition.

Don't want to get into it because we all know how it will end.

But thats doing the man a great disservice. He made us a very good side at times. There was plenty of shite too mind you. But don't pretend like we weren't good during his time. We were very very good at times.

I have no interest in pitting Kenny against Rafa but the bolded points are complete hearsay with no place in any objective assessment of the latter's tenure.

Fucking dismal. A genuinely painful defeat.

Fair play to Spurs though, a mobile and fluid midfield quartet, ably supported by the overlapping fullbacks and forwards who know their job and have the necessary skills to cause problems. They identified Skrtel as a weak point and Bale was merciless. They overran our static and ponderous midfield and we got what we deserved. Fuck all.

We were on the back foot almost immediately and Adebayor looked like everything that Carroll isn't. Quick, tactically adept with great close control. The contrast couldn't be any more clear or painful.

Adam's utterly needless sending off, coupled with Skrtel's entirely predictable one, means that it's difficult to make a reasoned judgement on the game but Spurs were simply miles better than us.

We made it easy for them. Once we were down to ten men it was game over, (although if Suarez could focus more on his final ball and spend less time berating his team mates and abusing the officials, we still could have snatched a point in my opinion), although the ease with which they bypassed Henderson and Skrtel on the right whilst Lucas had his poorest game in months meant we were always going to be relying on luck rather than the team to get us a result.

There are no plus points. We were fucking spineless.

Outside of a few balls up to Suarez, we showed no attacking intent and no guile. The midfield were either poor, anonymous or merely fucking brainless in Adam's case.

Enrique bombing forward surrounded by three Spurs players and stopping in his tracks as he realises that no other fucker has supported him being a perfect encapsulation of the entire game.

We were poor. Bad decision making by Dalglish certainly played it's part but sheer bad luck was also a factor. To play Spurs at their place without a recognised right back is ridiculous. Would Flanagan have done better against Bale? Almost certainly. Were we unlucky to have two great right backs injured? Undoubtedly. Did the eleven men that Dalglish sent out look likely to get a result? Did they fuck.

But the league table still doesn't lie. Dalglish is building a competent team with flashes of genius that will mostly perform well but will come unstuck against superior opposition. This is a day when a below par Liverpool met an up for it Spurs. A Spurs team at home with a real point to prove to their fans and a supine, undisciplined opposition to prove it against.

But this is still our first really poor game so far this season, (you could in fact argue that it's our first fucking utterly dismal performance under Dalglish since he came back). It's not our first disappointing result obviously, but it's the first time that we haven't at least matched the other team, (in the case of Arsenal), or simply played them off the fucking park, (as with Bolton, the first hour against Sunderland, Stoke, etc), and in the same way that after any high profile defeat, a Dalglish team has always dusted themselves down and just got on with the business of picking up points; I fully expect this one to do the same.

We were actually doing o.k. up until the ref decided to be a total cunt and send Adam off for a challenge he was entitled to make. If you look at it the ref doesn't immediately reach for the card, it's when Bale and the crowd start screaming for a yellow that he decides to book Adam for the second time. That was very poor refereeing. Adam's first yellow was pretty innocuous too. Adabaywhore was putting himself around a bit and he didn't get a yellow I noticed.

And, also consider that Adam's card was given for a challenge that happened just after a restart due to us having to make a forced substitution due to Agger's injury. The ref was a cunt doing that. He killed the game as a competition at that point.

Carroll had some good touches and his link up with Suarez for our offside goal was good, it was just unlucky that Suarez got there first and was flagged offside. On another day that's 1-1 and we're back in it. Downing got round the back of their defence, Suarez had started sniffing around and causing problems for them and we had started to get a rhythm. Than comes the Adam booking and we were fucked from that point on.

The way that Kenny kept Agger out there seemed to me that he expected Agger to stay out there until Half Time. The body language between them when Agger came off was like (just personal opinion) Kenny was saying "we used to run those off in my day son, you should have just taken one the team ".

Anyway, good to see the new signing Coates get his debut although obviously not in the way you would like it to happen. Have to say though, Skrtel at right back is awful. Carra is better there but I would have Kelly or Flanno over either. That was the main thing I took from this game is that Skrtel isn't a right back option we should consider.

Even down to 10 we were't terrible but Skrtel at right back did us again. He tried but it's just not his spot. Having said that, the ref was a cunt.

Forget this game and on to the next.

P.S I am enjoying all the kneejerk comments I am reading and the general awesome mongage. Keep it up you spastic girls.

Guest Pistonbroke

Pretty much anything that could have gone wrong did today.Don't help when Kenny plays a donkey at RB when facing the pace of Bale. Said to the kids before kick off that i bet Skyrtel gets a red card, didn't think Adam would race him to get an early shower like. Our midfield is woeful and i can't for the life of me see what Kenny sees in starting Henderson. The lads confidence is shot to fuck and he needs easing into games we are ahead in to build that up, there is a player in him, just not ready yet. It's plain to see Carroll isn't worth his price tag, but to be fair he hasn't been playing a lot and he was getting sod all back up from a none existing midfield. We still have little pace in the centre and it's no good having Suarez up front if against the better teams he is isolated. Downing looks decent enough when we attack in numbers, looks like a slab of pork at a Jewish wedding in games like today. Carra needs easing out of CB and playing to give others a rest. Trouble is, Skyrtel is shite imo wherever he plays, he's a fucking liability the way he tackles and holds onto opposition players, plus his positional play is league 1 standard. Coates has just arrived and Agger is injured again. Can't wait for Kelly, Gerrard and Johnson to get fit again

Far too early for some of the knee jerking reactions on here today. Yes Kenny is not beyond criticism and he deserves that today, but far better to get that heap of shit out of the system in one game and for Kenny and the players to learn from a catalogue of mistakes. Football is full of fickle fans, those who have gone OTT today will be either changing their tune after a few victories or keeping quiet because they hate being made to look like they were wrong.

We were actually doing o.k. up until the ref decided to be a total cunt and send Adam off for a challenge he was entitled to make. If you look at it the ref doesn't immediately reach for the card, it's when Bale and the crowd start screaming for a yellow that he decides to book Adam for the second time. That was very poor refereeing. Adam's first yellow was pretty innocuous too. Adabaywhore was putting himself around a bit and he didn't get a yellow I noticed.

And, also consider that Adam's card was given for a challenge that happened just after a restart due to us having to make a forced substitution due to Agger's injury. The ref was a cunt doing that. He killed the game as a competition at that point.

Carroll had some good touches and his link up with Suarez for our offside goal was good, it was just unlucky that Suarez got there first and was flagged offside. On another day that's 1-1 and we're back in it. Downing got round the back of their defence, Suarez had started sniffing around and causing problems for them and we had started to get a rhythm. Than comes the Adam booking and we were fucked from that point on.

The way that Kenny kept Agger out there seemed to me that he expected Agger to stay out there until Half Time. The body language between them when Agger came off was like (just personal opinion) Kenny was saying "we used to run those off in my day son, you should have just taken one the team ".

Anyway, good to see the new signing Coates get his debut although obviously not in the way you would like it to happen. Have to say though, Skrtel at right back is awful. Carra is better there but I would have Kelly or Flanno over either. That was the main thing I took from this game is that Skrtel isn't a right back option we should consider.

Even down to 10 we were't terrible but Skrtel at right back did us again. He tried but it's just not his spot. Having said that, the ref was a cunt.

Forget this game and on to the next.

P.S I am enjoying all the kneejerk comments I am reading and the general awesome mongage. Keep it up you spastic girls.

Some good points in there.

But see the bit in bold, you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Bunch of pea-hearts out there today. Started after 30 seconds when Carragher panicked and mindlessly launched a pass down the middle of the field to no-one because Spurs players were looking at him, and never let up.

Some stunning interplay between Skrtel, Carragher, Reina and the Spurs defensive line were the sum total of our attacking intent today. Shocking.

Guest Pistonbroke

take the rose tinted off mate. Adams was already on a yellow (although the first yellow was a tadge harsh) and then decided to make a reckless tackle that was a clear yellow card offence. It was utter madness!! Adebayor was booked before Adam was sent off....

the 2nd yellow was the correct decision but the 1st was harsh that should just been a little word from the ref,and as for the bale and the crowd shouting for the card isn't that what happens all the time.

But the league table still doesn't lie. Dalglish is building a competent team with flashes of genius that will mostly perform well but will come unstuck against superior opposition.

...We're 8th. And we actually failed to beat the likes of Sunderland and Stoke, so it's not really a problem with beating the big teams at all. If we had won those 2 games, today's loss wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad.

As it is though, Spurs are on level points with a game in hand and could potentially overtake us. That's a pretty bad place for us to be in considering this is the Spurs side that started the season losing 3-0 and 5-1 to the manc clubs and everyone was writing them off.

Tough shite but you have to say, Spurs are simply a better side if you compare the squads. They're better in almost every part of the pitch, you have to ask how the fuck is that the case considering what we spent this summer compared to them.

Don't want to get into it because we all know how it will end.

But thats doing the man a great disservice. He made us a very good side at times. There was plenty of shite too mind you. But don't pretend like we weren't good during his time. We were very very good at times.

We were. He won the Champions League for fuck's sake. But we were poor to watch more often than we were great to watch.