You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sad thing is that so much of that game was entirely predictable. The referee an absolute cunt (the beach ball ref) who hates us. Adam's tackling which makes Paul Scholes look like Jean Tigana. Skrtel vs Bale only going to end one way. Agger is made of glass. Suarez becoming a liability with another booking for dissent. Henderson looking like he needs a compass to find his way around the football field.

It was an awful performance, Coates coped with the pace of the game (although not sure where he was for the second) and Jay looked good when he came on. We should have had a pen and Carroll should have taken the free kick (which was a dive, so maybe moaning about the pen is a bit swings and roundabouts) but otherwise there was nothing.

The basic lack of movement was ****ing disgraceful. The inability to make basic passes even more so. Henderson is going to be crucified but ultimately he shouldn't have been playing. It was a bad selection. Now Jay and Flanno will be in on Wednesday and hopefully they can make a case for themselves. Although Brighton are dangerous.

Anyway, honeymoon well and truly over. I said after the Arsenal and Bolton games that they were building performances, well it's time to take stock.

neg all you like lads, im fucked as it is but Carroll and Henderson will never be good enough for liverpool. Yeah Carroll did a job today, was one of the better players but can any of you really say you have any faith in him to score a goal or dominate a defender because i know i fucking cant. Henderson thinks we're playing keep ball in training did he pass it forward once all game?

I disagree, if he played against OUR defenders he would dominate.

Henderson was invisible today, he needs to improve, I think he will.

We were muck today, roll on the next game.

With Martin at RB we should have played Dirk on the right, he would have helped him out. We caught them on a good day, they caught us on a bad day.

No point panicking really. Embarrassing result but that's all up to Adam and Skrtel, who were both fucking idiots to do what they did. We would have lost with 11 men as well but being down to 9 men, it was never going to stay 1-0.

In-game tactics were pretty bad by Kenny. Have no idea what prompted moving Carroll to the right wing, it's a shocking decision. Kuyt and Bellamy should have been on at HT.

We've dropped to mid table and we still have some tough games coming up, Blueshite away and Mancs at home among them. Brighton can be tough as well.

It feels like shite but I'm not panicking, I've never hidden the fact that I don't think we spent well enough this summer and that I don't think we're any better than Spurs.

We're still in the race for 4th, anyone who was expecting more was always going to be disappointed.

Its back to square one for me. Season starts again against Wolves next week. That was as bad as anything ive seen over the last 20 years. It was obvious from the first 15 mins we were'nt good enough with 11 men and we were going to get beat today

I can take a defeat on the chin, but not in the manner in which we played

To be honest im sick of hearing how good the atmosphere is around the club and how training is so enjoyable, this that and the other. Its time to get down to business and start taking this game with a bit more maturity and a bit more competitivenss.

It was very obvious for me from the first whistle we were'nt set up right, our mentality was'nt right and we were like a heard of deer in headlights. I dont understand how management can't see this, given that they have alot more experience in the game than me, and dont decide to change things quickly when its very obvious the game plan is not going to plan.

Now's the time to fuckin wake up, and wake up quickly!

The season is i9ndeed not 5 GAMES but you still have to win your important games to get top four and losing to your champs league rivals and to fucking stoke in 2 of those 5 isnt mindblowingly great.

reina - not a great day

enrique - held the ball too much and gave it away

skyrtl - shopuld never be right back, was rash and looked very nervous....blame should go to managem,ent for putting him there. not really his fault. Even slow carra would have been better cos at least he can play right back

agger - injured

coates - looked nervous, time will tell for him.

hendo - pants and annonymous

adam- been saying for weeks his tackling is shite , need i say more

downing - cant really see what he brings as a genuine winger to be honest. He very rarely takes up the positions/makes runs you wou expect given his position. Offers little in my view

lucas- ok

suarez - tried but looking more and more frustrated

Andy the 'plasterer' - did a decent shift but his best header all game was a defensive one. Says it all really. Anne widicome more likely to score at the weekend.

Kenny - baffling. Skyrts as full back. Not enough protection for him either until hendo was shifted.

team - awful passing, not closing down, bad positional play, dispirited. All in all one of the worst away performances i can remember, it was embarrassing really.

This team reminds of the sounness years where we bought loads of british shite and high prices...paul stewart for example. We all tried to fool ourselves in to thinking it would turn out ok and they would. But, they didnt and it didnt. Scarily similar scenario.

It's true though' date=' Rafa is a much better manager than Kenny. Of course Kenny is a Liverpool legend but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be criticised. If Rafa had the backing of the owners like Kenny has had, we definitely wouldn't be losing 4-0 to fucking Spurs.[/quote']

Are you fishing ?

But we wouldnt be loosing 4-0 to fucking Spurs if Adam had not got himself sent off so early.

Collective let-down from everyone - including the manager.

Fucking awful display. A disgrace. Woeful. Horrendous.

Where's the respect for the club? It's history?

Pretty blue-eyed to play 4-4-2 away vs Spurs. Also really strange that we didn't sub off a striker & got in a midfielder when Adam was shown the red.

The subs were all done WAY too late.

Try to understand N'Gog I Trust, don't give him shit.

Everyone else are shit, we're incredible, everyone else signed duds and all of our signings are top class and if you don't agree you're a Football Manager loving, fake fan who just wants stepover merchants and for Adam to be called Adaminho. That was what he was spouting off all summer. Now that it appears he was wrong on just about everything, he's reduced to cheap wumming because he has nothing else to say.

Try to understand N'Gog I Trust, don't give him shit.

Everyone else are shit, we're incredible, everyone else signed duds and all of our signings are top class and if you don't agree you're a Football Manager loving, fake fan who just wants stepover merchants and for Adam to be called Adaminho. That was what he was spouting off all summer. Now that it appears he was wrong on just about everything, he's reduced to cheap wumming because he has nothing else to say.

Shut the fuck up. I am not "N'Gog We Trust", you fucking mong.

Guest SpiderLucas

I still think Kenny has to get A LOT of criticism not just for how bad we set out and played today but for his transfer dealings, I think Henderson will become a great player for us but we didn’t really need him now, same with Coates who is a great defender but if we was going to sign him I think we needed to buy a player who is tried and tested as well.

Downing isn’t a good player; he’s an average player who had one good season last year.

Carroll well the jury isn’t even out for me he’s fucking shit and will remain to be shit until the day we decide to take a huge loss on him.

Charlie Adam has gone from being relegated at Blackpool to being our creative midfielder, which in its self is a joke. You can look at the Parker relegated to Tottenham but Parker was always too good for West Ham

The one saving grace from the summer deals was Enrique who already looks like a solid left back and Suarez although I’m led to believe the Suarez deal was already done and dusted before Kenny took over.

Letting go of Aquilani AND Meireles could turn out to be his biggest mistake in the transfer market. You’re not telling me for a second that Meireles who has been starting for the 2nd/3rd best team in England can’t get in our midfield.

Skrtel isn’t a right back, it’s not the same as playing Henderson on right midfield because he’s competent on right midfield but Skrtel as we’ve seen in his 3 games at right back doesn’t even know the fundamentals of playing at right back. I said in the Stoke thread that if Carragher played today we would get slapped, he did and we did.

I put £100 on us coming 4th and I’m still more than confident that my money is safe, but today was such a bad day that it just puts the confidence down of everybody really. That being said this is our ONLY bad performance of the season because regardless of what people seem to think we was actually brilliant at Stoke.

The question on most people's lips this season will be: "Just how poor is Andy Carroll?" I reckon he's just about Premiership standard but top 10 standard? Nah. £35M standard? Fucking hell, no. About £30M out.

I want to see the scouting reports on that move because someone needs to be held accountable for it.

Guest SpiderLucas
The question on most people's lips this season will be: "Just how poor is Andy Carroll?" I reckon he's just about Premiership standard but top 10 standard? Nah. £35M standard? Fucking hell, no. About £30M out.

I want to see the scouting reports on that move because someone needs to be held accountable for it.

Ask yourself this, if we loaned Carroll to say Preston in League 1 would he score 20+ goals?