You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eurovision Song Contest

RedinSweden

Eurovision Song Contest 2023: Liverpool

Turin 2022

After the victory of Kalush Orchestra in Turin, Ukraine should traditionally host the Eurovision Song Contest 2023. But due to Russia's invasion of the country, the contest can not be held in Ukraine. Instead, the BBC will host Eurovision 2023 in the United Kingdom

Updated 7 October 2022 21:18 CEST

Jump to: DateCityArenaParticipantsTicketsEurovision VillageEuroClubEuroCafe

We will update this page with all the information about Liverpool 2023 as it appears.

EUROVISION UPDATES

Follow us and get updates about Eurovision 2023:

When is Eurovision 2023?

The Eurovision week will have three shows: Semi-final 1 on Tuesday, Semi-final 2 on Thursday and the Grand Final on Saturday:

Semi-final 1: 9 May 2023

Semi-final 2: 11 May 2023

Grand Final: 13 May 2023

Host City: Liverpool

Eurovision Song Contest 2023 will be held in Liverpool.

Liverpool has evolved from its industrial past to become one of Britain's most thriving and dynamic cultural hubs.

Liverpool's metropolitan area is the fifth largest in the United Kingdom, with a population of 2.2 million, and in 2019 was the fifth most visited city in the UK. Liverpool has a big connection with the world of arts, especially with music as it is the "home" of The Beatles.

RELATED STORYEurovision 2023 will be held in Liverpool – Final on 13 May

Liverpool is a UNESCO City of Music, and the heart of the community is still the football club, Liverpool F.C.

The city was the European Capital of Culture in 2008, and has more galleries and museums than any other UK city but London: Museum of Liverpool, Spaceport Planetarium, Tate Liverpool, to name a few.

The city features an efficient public transportation network, and the Liverpool John Lennon Airport is connected to numerous international destinations.

28 minutes ago, John102 said:

I cant wait till they play you'll never walk alone over a montage of Ukrainian soldiers fighting, before a choir of Ukrainian kids join in via satellite for the second chorus. Will be delightful

Even better when they play Z cars and the sirens go off and the room scatters 

• Upvote 2

Who's paying for this shit show ? Damn sure Truss will veto every single penny from central gov. 

Personally never watch it but fine if others like it. My main gripe is I really don't want Liverpool waving flags for Gross Britannia . Anyway I have decided this delightful couple should reprise their viral hit for the GB entry .

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Who's paying for this shit show ? Damn sure Truss will veto every single penny from central gov. 

Personally never watch it but fine if others like it. My main gripe is I really don't want Liverpool waving flags for Gross Britannia . Anyway I have decided this delightful couple should reprise their viral hit for the GB entry .

Obviously, there will be government money to support it and it will be a big boost to the visitor economy. And Liverpool will be flying the flag for Liverpool; from the little bits I've seen of Eurovision, it tends to be a showcase for the host city more than the host nation.  Irrespective of the quality of the music, it's a party and it's money-maker.

2 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Not wrong mate, just buzzed off the reply with the yes boys…..! 

All the replies are ace to be fair. Maybe the tide is turning for these shock-jock types and their extreme views - maybe people have had enough of shit stirring for clicks and cash.

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Ha ha. Sophie has pulled up her Twitter drawbridge.

You don't fuck with scouse twitter. Remember that absolute cunt who had a vile mocking Hillsborough t-shirt on in a pub beer garden a few years back in some rural village in the midlands? someone took a picture of it, posted it on twitter and within a couple of hours his address had been leaked. Skips, crates of lilt etc turned up at his house. Even more sinister a couple of 'lids' took a picture of the front of his house and sent it to him. He went into hiding and I believe he got sacked from his job because his work got hounded about him. Rightly so and all. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, No2 said:

She the cunt giving out last week that people were being mean to her?

Yeah she moaned in the summer some lads called her a “fucking ginger Tory cunt” in Durham, then cried that proper Tories had bullied her out of the party, and today was saying she had a tough upbringing.  

As @Anubis just said Scouse Twitter has made her lock her tweets 

She’s a weapons grade cunt. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Yeah she moaned in the summer some lads called her a “fucking ginger Tory cunt” in Durham, then cried that proper Tories had bullied her out of the party, and today was saying she had a tough upbringing.  

As @Anubis just said Scouse Twitter has made her lock her tweets 

She’s a weapons grade cunt. 

She looks like she was dragged out of the Mars landscape like one of them tinned full chickens they have in America