You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Childish but effective!

I remember laughing at a photo of that tower saying it was a public toilet and some Evertonian just ranted and raved at me like I was disrespecting a religious monument and it had more history to it than Liverpools badge as the Liver Buildings were built years after it and the Liver Birds were an afterthought.

Childish but effective!

I remember laughing at a photo of that tower saying it was a public toilet and some Evertonian just ranted and raved at me like I was disrespecting a religious monument and it had more history to it than Liverpools badge as the Liver Buildings were built years after it and the Liver Birds were an afterthought.

Um, do they really think the Liver Birds didn't exist before the Liver Building? If you know your history...

It is remarkable how they have managed to finish in the top half of the table for so long. They are a small club punching well above their weight and it only fuels the blindness of their fans who genuinely believe they are one of the top (and most respected) clubs in Europe. Whilst we are the English equivalent of Real Madrid, in Spain, Bayern Munich in Germany or AC Milan in Italy, they are the equivalent of a Villareal, Wolfsburg, Udinese. 

It is remarkable how they have managed to finish in the top half of the table for so long. They are a small club punching well above their weight and it only fuels the blindness of their fans who genuinely believe they are one of the top (and most respected) clubs in Europe. Whilst we are the English equivalent of Real Madrid, in Spain, Bayern Munich in Germany or AC Milan in Italy, they are the equivalent of a Villareal, Wolfsburg, Udinese. 

To be fair, Stig. I think we found out a few years ago that they very much are not the equivalent of Villarreal.

• Upvote 4

I love the FA Cup semi final from a few years ago.  It's the best one ever.  They actually really thought they were going to win that day, then they went 1-0 up, hilarious.  I also love the fact that Carroll scoring the winner precludes them from being able to really go to town on the fact that we overpaid so much for such a shit player.  Because it brings up the agony of that goal all over again.  Class

• Upvote 4

I love the FA Cup semi final from a few years ago.  It's the best one ever.  They actually really thought they were going to win that day, then they went 1-0 up, hilarious.  I also love the fact that Carroll scoring the winner precludes them from being able to really go to town on the fact that we overpaid so much for such a shit player.  Because it brings up the agony of that goal all over again.  Class

Would I swap that day for a more mundane semi-final win and beating Chelsea in the final? Yes, I would. But I had to think about it.

That was going to be the day when Jelavic showed the WERLD that he was better than Suzarez. They knew it, of course, but the WERLD was going to know.

a9ed842f739e930dc8e9340bafbbaeaf77994c50

• Upvote 2

Would I swap that day for a more mundane semi-final win and beating Chelsea in the final? Yes, I would. But I had to think about it.

That was going to be the day when Jelavic showed the WERLD that he was better than Suzarez. They knew it, of course, but the WERLD was going to know.

Some of you may think he's kidding but there was an honest-to-God thread on GOT espousing the idea that Jelavic is better than Suarez.  They had pages and pages of discussion on which of the two was the better player.

I enjoyed reading that match thread. I urge you all to read the 1st 30 pages on the lead up to the game to get even more up for the match on Sat, fucking horrible twats. Our 2 goals are on page 43 & 53. Gonna save the last pages with all the fallout until I get into work later, brighten my night up a bit.

Roberto Martinez has demanded Everton sort out their defensive crisis after his side were dumped out of this season's Capital One Cup by Swansea

He said: “The number of goals against is something we need to address. I am not okay with it.

"We kept 15 clean sheets last season, we are a team that can keep clean sheets we just need to fine tune certain aspects. It is in our DNA.”

Wasn't that last years tagline?

Childish but effective!I remember laughing at a photo of that tower saying it was a public toilet and some Evertonian just ranted and raved at me like I was disrespecting a religious monument and it had more history to it than Liverpools badge as the Liver Buildings were built years after it and the Liver Birds were an afterthought.
The same liverbird that's been on the city's crest for 500 years predating prince Rupert's lockup?

• 2 weeks later...

Piece on the echo website where they are interviewing bitters out at their europa league game. 4 sets of fans - and they are from....wait for it.... Corby, Northants - Milton Keynes, Morecambe and one from Liverpool.

Hmm I thought they were all from Liverpool.

Can't post link as on phone and dont know how to, but if somebody could do the honours.

Piece on the echo website where they are interviewing bitters out at their europa league game. 4 sets of fans - and they are from....wait for it.... Corby, Northants - Milton Keynes, Morecambe and one from Liverpool.

Hmm I thought they were all from Liverpool.

Can't post link as on phone and dont know how to, but if somebody could do the honours.

I think this is the piece in question :

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-reporter-greg-okeeffe-7871123

Roberto Martinez has demanded Everton sort out their defensive crisis after his side were dumped out of this season's Capital One Cup by Swansea

He said: “The number of goals against is something we need to address. I am not okay with it.

"We kept 15 clean sheets last season, we are a team that can keep clean sheets we just need to fine tune certain aspects. It is in our DNA.”

Wasn't that last years tagline?

I had to stifle a little snigger the other day, when Mark Hughes was advocating Ryan Shawcross for England and having a pop at Owl-Face for picking three defenders from the Premier League's worst defence.

If this turns into a fist-fight involving everybody mentioned in that last sentence, I'll buy the popcorn.