You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The levels of criticism today for that sending off is mind blowing, even Neil Warnock said Craig Pawson “has got something against Everton’, which all the Blues are wanking over. I’m not saying it was red but can see why it was given, his leading foot goes over the ball, his trailing ‘leg’ gets the ball. Any missed tackle that goes over the ball like that is asking for trouble. 

Yeah the fuss today is ridiculous.  You can guarantee if there had been 10 matches last night instead of 1 we'd have seen worse decisions made.  It's a harsh red, but if you go sliding into a challenge with studs up, based on the laws of the game and irrespective of contact, you're always risking a red card.

I’ve only just watched it. IMO, it’s as much of a red card as the Curtis Jones at Spurs.

I can see why it was given, like Jones, I don’t think there was enough force behind it to be considered dangerous. 

The below from earlier in the season is far more of a dangerous tackle but was only given a yellow…

IMG_0640.jpeg

• Upvote 2

image.png

image.png

I can't be the only one who reckons it's definitely a red? I mean look at the side by side above next to Curtis' at Spurs - both taken just before their foot reaches where the ball is (demonstrating the intent). Curtis is pretty clearly trying to get a toe on the ball: his foot is below the top of the ball, studs down - about the only thing he's doing which could remotely be deemed "reckless" is he's stretching quite a long way, increasing his chances of his foot ending up somewhere it shouldn't. It's pure bad luck which sees this escalate into a red card.

Calvert-Lewin has got his foot above the top of the ball and his studs showing towards the opponent. He's also in that position comfortably before he's anywhere near the ball. Why the fuck has he got that foot so high? It's just asking for trouble.

As an aside, the more I look at the Curtis freeze frame the angrier I am that he missed a month of league football because of it. A complete nonsense red card, in an absolute joke of a game.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

image.png

image.png

I can't be the only one who reckons it's definitely a red? I mean look at the side by side above next to Curtis' at Spurs - both taken just before their foot reaches where the ball is (demonstrating the intent). Curtis is pretty clearly trying to get a toe on the ball: his foot is below the top of the ball, studs down - about the only thing he's doing which could remotely be deemed "reckless" is he's stretching quite a long way, increasing his chances of his foot ending up somewhere it shouldn't. It's pure bad luck which sees this escalate into a red card.

Calvert-Lewin has got his foot above the top of the ball and his studs showing towards the opponent. He's also in that position comfortably before he's anywhere near the ball. Why the fuck has he got that foot so high? It's just asking for trouble.

As an aside, the more I look at the Curtis freeze frame the angrier I am that he missed a month of league football because of it. A complete nonsense red card, in an absolute joke of a game.

I still believe that Curtis's red card would have been overturned if it was the only fuck up in that match: they'll admit to one, but no more.

• Upvote 1

Sins bins would be the worse thing to happen to the game. Knowing you'll get 19 mins in the bin plenty of alehouse teams amd Peps tactical fouling fuckers will take the punishment and sit in for 10 minutes for the chance to stop a goal scoring chance. Also its another chance for refs to control the game

18 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve only just watched it. IMO, it’s as much of a red card as the Curtis Jones at Spurs.

I can see why it was given, like Jones, I don’t think there was enough force behind it to be considered dangerous. 

The below from earlier in the season is far more of a dangerous tackle but was only given a yellow…

IMG_0640.jpeg

Dead right.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I still believe that Curtis's red card would have been overturned if it was the only fuck up in that match: they'll admit to one, but no more.

Indeed. The cynic in me also thinks we'd not long previously had Mac Allister's red against Bournemouth overturned; the last thing they'd want is to be seen to be doing a team favours by overturning reds repeatedly (even if there's adequate justification).

9 minutes ago, Manny said:

image.png

image.png

Why compare them. They’re nothing like the same thing. Curtis shouldn’t have seen red but that doesn’t mean other should. 

not all fouls are dangerous and not all stud first sliding tackles are dangerous either.

as someone posted earlier, if the ref gives the free kick - which it was - and a yellow - which I think it’s deserving of - there’s no further discussion.

So now Dyche saying he wants to appeal it but that he's skeptical it will be overturned. So what, you'd rather he miss three games so you can whine? Fuck off, just appeal it you bearded cunt.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Bob said:

Why compare them. They’re nothing like the same thing. Curtis shouldn’t have seen red but that doesn’t mean other should. 

not all fouls are dangerous and not all stud first sliding tackles are dangerous either.

as someone posted earlier, if the ref gives the free kick - which it was - and a yellow - which I think it’s deserving of - there’s no further discussion.

They've happened in the same season within about 7 weeks of each other. If the PGMOL deem a less dangerous challenge (Curtis') to be a red, then Calvert-Lewin's absolutely has to be as it's the more dangerous challenge on the face of it.

I get the argument that neither should be (although I'm more of the view that Curtis' is never a red, Calvert-Lewin's is a possible red), but based on decisions we've seen this season then Calvert-Lewin's is a red all day long.

They've happened in the same season within about 7 weeks of each other. If the PGMOL deem a less dangerous challenge (Curtis') to be a red, then Calvert-Lewin's absolutely has to be as it's the more dangerous challenge on the face of it.

I get the argument that neither should be (although I'm more of the view that Curtis' is never a red, Calvert-Lewin's is a possible red), but based on decisions we've seen this season then Calvert-Lewin's is a red all day long.

You’re giving the pricks at PGMOL far (far, far) too much credit in suggesting they apply their judgement evenly and consistently.

they decided the red for Curtis was right because on the day they wanted to, and they decided the red for DCL because on the day they wanted to. There’s no sense of one setting a bar or being compared to the same standard for the other.

it’s just two separate decisions the ref on the field was overruled on by busy body VARs and I disagree with them both. 

You’re giving the pricks at PGMOL far (far, far) too much credit in suggesting they apply their judgement evenly and consistently.

they decided the red for Curtis was right because on the day they wanted to, and they decided the red for DCL because on the day they wanted to. There’s no sense of one setting a bar or being compared to the same standard for the other.

it’s just two separate decisions the ref on the field was overruled on by busy body VARs and I disagree with them both.