You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Seen loads of them whingeing about how FFP stops clubs owners investing in their clubs and it just benefits the elite. 

Yet if FFP was scrapped you'd just have Man City, Newcastle and PSG spending billions every year with no one being able to compete. They forget they haven't got uncle uzzy bankrolling them anymore.

Also if FFP was scrapped and Liverpool were taken over by Qatar or Kuwait they'd have a meltdown and want it immediately reversed.

3 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Seen loads of them whingeing about how FFP stops clubs owners investing in their clubs and it just benefits the elite. 

Yet if FFP was scrapped you'd just have Man City, Newcastle and PSG spending billions every year with no one being able to compete. They forget they haven't got uncle uzzy bankrolling them anymore.

Also if FFP was scrapped and Liverpool were taken over by Qatar or Kuwait they'd have a meltdown and want it immediately reversed.

You're not suggesting that they're fickle,  flakey dickheads are you?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Not our neighbouring Corinthian guardians of the game? Surely not, they couldn’t possibly be inconsistent.

There’s no one more that. the killers of the super league that I’d trust to ensure there’s fair play. You can’t have clubs slapping money on the table Willy Nilly. It’s not like they’ve ever broken any rules. It’s not in their nature. I couldn’t even contemplate it

40 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

You're not suggesting that they're fickle,  flakey dickheads are you?

Yep, im no Nostradamus but it would pan out something like this.

July 2024 - FFP abolished After relentless campaigning from Everton who argued that it just keeps the elite at the top. They all see it as a victory for open competition. 

Evertonians "now we can spend what we want. The cartel is broken". Forgetting their owner or potential owners 777 are skint.

August 2024 - Liverpool bought by Qatar. New owners offer Klopp an unlimited budget to buy Mbappe, Bellingham and a new defensive midfielder and submit a plan to turn Anfield into an 85,000 capacity stadium with a new rail link. 

Meanwhile 777 don't invest any of their own money and Everton struggle to keep up payments for Bramley Moore. 

Evertonians "games gone lad. It's just about 3 teams spending whatever they want"

• Upvote 3

Liverpool spent 10.7 billion in the last two seasons plus the same in wages lad, won fuck all lad. We spent nothing and won everything in the same period lad. COYB.

Someone could post that on any of their forums and some cunts would lap it up.

Never let the truth get in the way. 

3 hours ago, Manny said:

image.png

image.png

I can't be the only one who reckons it's definitely a red? I mean look at the side by side above next to Curtis' at Spurs - both taken just before their foot reaches where the ball is (demonstrating the intent). Curtis is pretty clearly trying to get a toe on the ball: his foot is below the top of the ball, studs down - about the only thing he's doing which could remotely be deemed "reckless" is he's stretching quite a long way, increasing his chances of his foot ending up somewhere it shouldn't. It's pure bad luck which sees this escalate into a red card.

Calvert-Lewin has got his foot above the top of the ball and his studs showing towards the opponent. He's also in that position comfortably before he's anywhere near the ball. Why the fuck has he got that foot so high? It's just asking for trouble.

As an aside, the more I look at the Curtis freeze frame the angrier I am that he missed a month of league football because of it. A complete nonsense red card, in an absolute joke of a game.

Those examples show how VAR should and shouldn't be used.

In one, the referee missed how dangerous the challenge was, so he's given the opportunity to get a new view on it.

In the other, VAR didn't show the referee anything he didn't already know, but it was (mis)used to make the challenge look worse than it actually was and to pressurise the ref into changing his decision.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This frivolous appeal is the ultimate playing to the Gallery,  and they know it , there is not a cat in hells chance of it being overturned but they will spin it like a Tory politician,  Oh look the nasty Premier league are picking on good ole honest Everton. 

I hope they add to it just for the fume 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Let's be honest the real reason they're fuming is that we're top of the league. They haven't won anything since 1995, they've had ten points deducted,  they are in yet another relegation battle, the current stadium is made out of wood and the new stadium will either bankrupt them or be underwater soon, they play shit football under a Liverpool supporting manager and half the team used to play for Burnley. They are potentially about to be taken over by pyramid scheme owners, arguably the worst owners in football, and if that falls through they are facing the real prospect of administration. They are facing another points deduction.

Other than that they have much to look forward to.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Maybe they’ve come to the conclusion that Qatar or Kuwait would make a beeline for FC Class & Dignity, who’d be bending over and promising blowjobs for life.

I’ve just watched that tackle for the first time expecting to be incensed at a totally inappropriate sending off having listened to people crying about it in the radio all day. Fist view in real time I thought “what the fuck - how is that a red?” then on all the replayed you realise he’s studs up, over the fucking ball and also actually makes contact. The game is soft these days and I don’t think that should be a red, but even in old school terms it’s a yellow from when the dangerous play law was brought in. His foot is Obote the ball, studs up and makes contact 2/3 of the way up the calf. Can’t believe the hysteria over that. Mind blown there

• Upvote 1

The bottom line is that their club is so listless and shit, they have nothing else to pique their interest but conspiracy theories and talking about us. Supporting everton these days is about everything except what's actually happening on the pitch. 

• Upvote 1

Once the 'Worlds Bestest Stadium' is open to the cruise ship tours I imagine the tour to be;

Room 1. WW1-the horror of a title winning team.

Room 2. WW2-the horror of a title winning team.

Room 3-10. Heysel, What could have been.

Room 11. Russia invades Ukraine, what could have been.

Room 12. The cuckoo clock.

Room 13. Banners and flags through the years. See original flags like; Sack the board. Board not welcome. Corrupt. Kenny is a homosexual.Die Nicky Die. Moan, moan fuckin moan.

"It's all very negative, are you never happy?" one Welsh tourist asked.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Having no FFP at all is the death of the sport. Other than the state owned clubs who else is going to compete, they can offer players a million quid a week, take whoever they want and all the rest of the league has is the inflation and the hope of coming second in each tournament/trophy they are in. We are seeing this in the Premier league and thats with FFP but thats because Abu Dhabi are cheats and ignored it.

There's a reason FFP was brought in and it wasn't to protect the big clubs it was to protect all clubs. Should it be better yeah it should, I've no idea how you implement it though. Smart run clubs increase their revenues and employ smart people to make sure that extra revenue is used to improve the team and the growth of one improves the growth of the other and vice versa.

Everton tried to instantly buy success and fucked up, they where the opposite of smart. I'm tired of hearing we where punished because we were honest, thats irrelevant and also fucking bullshit, the smugness off them for selling the rights to be given the first right to sponsor the stadium wasn't honest. They are currently winning points fielding players they bought when they shouldn't of been spending. Their covid figures are an absolute scandal it's insane how little has been made of it as its an outright con and the clearest most obvious example of a club cheating FFP we've ever seen. 10 points was a let off. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Once the 'Worlds Bestest Stadium' is open to the cruise ship tours I imagine the tour to be;

Room 1. WW1-the horror of a title winning team.

Room 2. WW2-the horror of a title winning team.

Room 3-10. Heysel, What could have been.

Room 11. Russia invades Ukraine, what could have been.

Room 12. The cuckoo clock.

Room 13. Banners and flags through the years. See original flags like; Sack the board. Board not welcome. Corrupt. Kenny is a homosexual.Die Nicky Die. Moan, moan fuckin moan.

"It's all very negative, are you never happy?" one Welsh tourist asked.

Before being taken to the “the redshite never won this” SportPesa Trophy Room.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Manny said:

image.png

image.png

I can't be the only one who reckons it's definitely a red? I mean look at the side by side above next to Curtis' at Spurs - both taken just before their foot reaches where the ball is (demonstrating the intent). Curtis is pretty clearly trying to get a toe on the ball: his foot is below the top of the ball, studs down - about the only thing he's doing which could remotely be deemed "reckless" is he's stretching quite a long way, increasing his chances of his foot ending up somewhere it shouldn't. It's pure bad luck which sees this escalate into a red card.

Calvert-Lewin has got his foot above the top of the ball and his studs showing towards the opponent. He's also in that position comfortably before he's anywhere near the ball. Why the fuck has he got that foot so high? It's just asking for trouble.

As an aside, the more I look at the Curtis freeze frame the angrier I am that he missed a month of league football because of it. A complete nonsense red card, in an absolute joke of a game.

Spot on. Not only is lewin studs up and over the ball, there's loads claiming he wasn't even trying to get the ball with his foot, just shield the ball and collect the ball with his thigh. I didn't realise protecting the ball with your studs was actually a thing that's just ok in football. 

16 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Yes but while it stops us it's good. And if it helped us it would be bad..every thing blues see in football is based around how it impacts LFC. They can't even enjoy their new stadium when it'll eventually be ready without their 1st thought being how our heads will fall off. When most of us couldn't give a shit and are hoping it can be a good thing for the city and not an unfinished boil on our waterfront because they've gone bust before they can finish it. 

9 hours ago, Curly said:

I’ve just watched that tackle for the first time expecting to be incensed at a totally inappropriate sending off having listened to people crying about it in the radio all day. Fist view in real time I thought “what the fuck - how is that a red?” then on all the replayed you realise he’s studs up, over the fucking ball and also actually makes contact. The game is soft these days and I don’t think that should be a red, but even in old school terms it’s a yellow from when the dangerous play law was brought in. His foot is Obote the ball, studs up and makes contact 2/3 of the way up the calf. Can’t believe the hysteria over that. Mind blown there

I think in the modern game, that is a red all day. I understand the argument that maybe it shouldn't be a red because the laws should be applied more like they were historically. But that is beside the point, because it's not 1998. In the actual game in 2024 where a decision needs to be made, it's just a red for me. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Curly said:

How did your phone autocorrect to Milton Obote's name? Are you into Ugandan politics?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3