You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think if they don't complete the stadium the land its on has to be restored to its original state. They'll get it sorted I reckon.

If they can't get it finished they can't get it finished. Restoring the land won't be a factor as they won't be able to afford that either.

1 minute ago, Harrison Booth said:

If they can't get it finished they can't get it finished. Restoring the land won't be a factor as they won't be able to afford that either.

But the obligation could finish them completely unless they’ve got the land sitting in some group company. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, aws said:

But the obligation could finish them completely unless they’ve got the land sitting in some group company. 

It could but it won't, like Real Madrid back in the day the local council won't be hammering the final nail. One of 2 things will happen, they will either finish it or go to the wall, restoring that land to its original state is about as likely as Maya Jama declaring her love for me live on TV.

There will be no trophies. There will be no famous Champions League nights at Bramley-Moore Dock. You will not get to see the world’s finest players in an Everton shirt. You do not even get the giddy underdog rise through the divisions like fans of Brighton or Brentford or Wigan. Your owner is a billionaire who will never speak to you or attend a game, and if he wants to run the ship aground there is not a damn thing you can do about it. No matter how loudly you sing, no matter how many blue smoke canisters you let off, the limit of your ambition will always be top seven and occasionally signing someone promising from Burnley.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/jan/17/everton-protests-are-not-about-money-they-are-about-hope-and-connection

I just don't get how there where allowed to proceed or the contractors signed the contracts without some due diligence.

A while ago I saved up a wad of money for a car. All cash that the ex did not know about. You would not believe the hassle I had trying to spend it. No one wanted it. Or credit card. Bank transfer or finance only then a trail or poking around in my bank. This is a £500m stadium not a 2nd hand BMW. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64322065

Salernitana reappoint Davide Nicola as manager two days after sacking

Davide Nicola has been reappointed as manager of Salernitana just two days after he was sacked by the Serie A strugglers.

Nicola, 49, was dismissed on Monday following an 8-2 loss to Atalanta.

But club president Danilo Iervolino said he changed his mind after a conversation with Nicola in which he spoke "a thousand positive words".

"You only realise how much you love someone when they leave," Iervolino said.

"It was the only way we could clear the air. So for the good of the club, the players and everything, it's only right that the coach has another chance, with the promise the team will never again suffer such a humiliating defeat."

Nicola, who was first appointed in February last year, thanked Iervolino and sporting director Morgan De Sanctis for giving him a second chance.

"This means that the new football is made of passion and heart, and I want to repay his trust with all my love," he said.

"We have weeks of hard work ahead to reach our targets."

Salernitana are 16th in Serie A after 18 matches.

HAHAHA! C'mon, Everton, you know you want to do this with Frank! The only thing is, you would miss out on your obsessive fascination for firsts.

It would top everything else as 'prime Everton' by a country mile.

It would also finally do to so many of us what they've been accusing us of for years - our heads falling off - but from laughter like so many times before.

11 hours ago, Anubis said:

Just realised Moyes and Tory Frank go head-to-head in a loser get’s sacked game at the weekend.

On that point…

Image removed. 

It’d be hilarious if Moyes was the one to get them relegated.

• Downvote 4