You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reina continues to ready the fans for summer move.

Horus

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am no longer worried about who wants to leave. This club isn't about bending over trying to please players. Its about having players who want to play for the club and earning the praise that comes with it. I am not aiming this at Pepe at all, as until anything happens with him I believe that he is staying. I hope that is the case as I think he is a great player and a great bloke, but nobody is irreplaceable.

I am no longer worried about who wants to leave. This club isn't about bending over trying to please players. Its about having players who want to play for the club and earning the praise that comes with it. I am not aiming this at Pepe at all, as until anything happens with him I believe that he is staying. I hope that is the case as I think he is a great player and a great bloke, but nobody is irreplaceable.

That's exactly how I feel.

We'll get £20m for Reina.

I got told on Sunday that he's offered to sell his house to Andy Carroll, which would suggest that he *may* be looking to move abroad, rather than to United.

Although that still leaves the Arsenal possibility, who put a massive bid in for him last summer.

I hope we don't get Given.

I sometimes fucking wonder about some fans too!

Do you every feel happy about Liverpool cos you dont give that impression.

Was at the match with him awhile ago slagged Carra off from start to finish, I'm pretty sure he owes me a pint too.

Agreed. 12 months ago I would have panicked/hoped/prayed for him not to leave.

Now though, the whole club is geared to look forward and rebuild. I get the feeling that anyone who stands in the way will be moved out.

Reina: Kenny just like Guardiola - Liverpool FC

Pepe Reina has compared Kenny Dalglish to Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola and believes the team have improved a great deal since our former No.7 returned as manager.

reina_4dad49a51d742635881110.jpg <CENTER>Click here to subscribe to LFC Weekly>></CENTER>

<!-- end of Tagline -->

<!-- end of ArticlePic --><!-- end of RelatedLinks --><!-- end of MostRecent -->

<!-- end of ArticleRight -->The Reds' stopper was a teammate of the Catalans' coach during their days at the Nou Camp and has watched from afar as he has made a spectacular transition from the pitch to the dugout.

Guardiola has attained legendary status as both a player and manager in Spain and our No.25 is well aware of the similarities with Dalglish.

"Guardiola is a bit younger than him of course," Reina joked as he spoke exclusively to LFC Weekly this week.

"But they have very similar backgrounds - icons as players and great managers as well. It is important that he [Dalglish] knows the club.

"He's a legend in Liverpool - and I mean a legend because sometimes that word is used too much for other people. Kenny knows exactly what the people (of the city) think and what the supporters want to see.

"Because he was a great player himself, he understands the point of view of a player and that means he knows how to set standards and what is acceptable. He makes everything much easier for us."

That relationship with the players has been a major catalyst in Liverpool's upturn in fortunes after Dalglish took the helm back in January.

Reina added: "We have improved since Kenny became manager. We have beaten the big teams. But it is important as players to repeat that in every game. We need to be consistent...with the aggression, commitment...everything.

"We cannot just perform against the top sides because a season is 10 months long. If we get the balance right, we'll be a lot, lot closer to where we want to be. We started this season and the last one not the best. Next time, we need to make sure that doesn't happen."

The full Reina interview where he talks about Suarez, Carroll, Flanagan and life after football, is in this week's LFC Weekly.

Is Given the goalkeeping equivalent of Robbie Keane minus the beer consumption and penchant for signing on fees. He looks quite good on MOTD but when you watch him consistently he is overrated. All the Irish reds seem to have this opinion about him.

As for Reina he is a quality goalkeeper and I hope he stays and wins trophies with us. Hopefully we will have a good season next year and renegotiate and take that stupid clause out of his contract.

Reina: Kenny just like Guardiola - Liverpool FC

Pepe Reina has compared Kenny Dalglish to Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola and believes the team have improved a great deal since our former No.7 returned as manager.

reina_4dad49a51d742635881110.jpg <CENTER>Click here to subscribe to LFC Weekly>></CENTER>

<!-- end of Tagline -->

<!-- end of ArticlePic --><!-- end of RelatedLinks --><!-- end of MostRecent -->

<!-- end of ArticleRight -->The Reds' stopper was a teammate of the Catalans' coach during their days at the Nou Camp and has watched from afar as he has made a spectacular transition from the pitch to the dugout.

Guardiola has attained legendary status as both a player and manager in Spain and our No.25 is well aware of the similarities with Dalglish.

"Guardiola is a bit younger than him of course," Reina joked as he spoke exclusively to LFC Weekly this week.

"But they have very similar backgrounds - icons as players and great managers as well. It is important that he [Dalglish] knows the club.

"He's a legend in Liverpool - and I mean a legend because sometimes that word is used too much for other people. Kenny knows exactly what the people (of the city) think and what the supporters want to see.

"Because he was a great player himself, he understands the point of view of a player and that means he knows how to set standards and what is acceptable. He makes everything much easier for us."

That relationship with the players has been a major catalyst in Liverpool's upturn in fortunes after Dalglish took the helm back in January.

Reina added: "We have improved since Kenny became manager. We have beaten the big teams. But it is important as players to repeat that in every game. We need to be consistent...with the aggression, commitment...everything.

"We cannot just perform against the top sides because a season is 10 months long. If we get the balance right, we'll be a lot, lot closer to where we want to be. We started this season and the last one not the best. Next time, we need to make sure that doesn't happen."

The full Reina interview where he talks about Suarez, Carroll, Flanagan and life after football, is in this week's LFC Weekly.

This only further clarifies it for me. He isn't going anywhere. The lad isn't stupid, he can see we are on the up and he can see the club has improved tenfold in such a short space of time. He can also see from his mate that there are no guarantees moving anywhere and the grass isn't always greener. Anyone leaving now would be a fool, Pepe knows that and in my opinion we shouldn't worry because he won't be anywhere but Liverpool next season.

Haha! Gotta love the footie fans. Trusting what a player says, even after getting kicked in the teeth several times before.

Not saying Pepe will leave, he might have actually meant those words but no way I'm taking a footballer's words for granted.

Fair enough point, but you know what? I didn't even think about Torres when I wrote my previous post. Must show how little I've missed him. The same would happen to Reina if the club got a decent replacement and it could end up being a massive mistake for Pepe.

Haha! Gotta love the footie fans. Trusting what a player says, even after getting kicked in the teeth several times before.

Not saying Pepe will leave, he might have actually meant those words but no way I'm taking a footballer's words for granted.

It's not just those quotes. I've said throughout this thread he won't leave this summer because he'll see our upturn and the relatively poor standard of the opposition we may be facing next season in any fight for honours. No one will want to leave Liverpool this summer.

Fair enough point, but you know what? I didn't even think about Torres when I wrote my previous post. Must show how little I've missed him. The same would happen to Reina if the club got a decent replacement and it could end up being a massive mistake for Pepe.

Yeah, but every move is potentially a "massive mistake", isn't it? Doesn't matter what club you leave, or where you go, there's risk involved.

Every top player who has left us for a bigger club, or richer club or club more likely to compete for trophies, knew that they were taking a risk one way or another.

He looks quite good on MOTD but when you watch him consistently he is overrated. All the Irish reds seem to have this opinion about him.

Werell if they have, I haven't met him. Those I have, agree he's a great keeper. I can't remember when he last made a howler. His saves defy belief, and save so many points it's incredible. If he was playing now, City might be challenging for the league and still in Europe, rather than just the cup final.

Yeah, but every move is potentially a "massive mistake", isn't it? Doesn't matter what club you leave, or where you go, there's risk involved.

Every top player who has left us for a bigger club, or richer club or club more likely to compete for trophies, knew that they were taking a risk one way or another.

I suppose so yes, there are no definite's in life. But I could understand why Xabi and Macherano left as we were in a downward spiral even Torres to some extent.

Next season we could still be rebuilding and recovering from the previous incumbents. As we'll be signing a few players and they'll need to hit the ground running if we are to challenge Utd and Chelski.

But we are on an upward curve now for the first time since the end of the 08/09 season and I think there are alot more cons for Reina to consider than pros for leaving whilst the stack was the polar opposite for Xabi, Macherano and Torres.

I think, as a goalkeeper you are naturally going to be a tad more cautious over any move as they need to be more certain of their place, having said that that shouldn't be an issue for Reina with regards to most clubs.

I like Given but I accept he would be a downgrade from Reina I just don't know too many others we could get.

Is exactly right.

Was at the match with him awhile ago slagged Carra off from start to finish, I'm pretty sure he owes me a pint too.

Ha ha. I think you'll find I was defending him, and you were saying him and that Gerrard lad didn't understand the club or the city. Quite frankly I was horrified by your attitude! And as for you wanting Allardyce as manager.......