You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reina continues to ready the fans for summer move.

Horus

I think we're going to see more and more of these as the season ticks down. One thing that really pisses me off is the assumption that all good players have the right to win stuff constantly.

Take Gerrard, for example, the media have referred to him as the best player not to win a league winners medal, yet has a CV to make most players envious. I don't ever remember hearing that Robson needed to leave the scum in order to win the league that the England captain deserved.

How will the club know that they have strengthened enough to placate Mr. Reina? Will we have to check in with him after every signing? Will he get to suggest targets.

We all want to be successful and fight for titles, but some of us have more an impact on the playing side of things than others.

Football365 | All The News | Football News | REINA HINTS AT LIVERPOOL EXIT

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina has hinted he could quit the club unless they strengthen and become competitive again.

The Spain international joined from Villarreal in 2005 and is used to fighting for the titles and playing Champions League football for the Reds.

However, Liverpool's plight has declined in recent seasons and they now sit in sixth place with a 21-point deficit to leaders Manchester United.

The club invested heavily in January following Fernando Torres' departure to Chelsea with swoops for England international Andy Carroll and Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez.

Reina wants to play for a competitive team and lift the Premier League title as the 28-year-old does not know how many years he has left in the game.

"We have to strengthen," Reina told the Daily Star. "If we want to improve then we have to do that.

"It is our duty to be strong, to get better.

"The only thing I can do is train and do my best. Who knows if I have got years left?

"It's not about being patient. It's about the club winning and I want to be competitive.

"We used to fight to be among the top team and be in the Champions League.

"Sadly that's not the case now. I want to win titles."

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The press will write loads of shite. It won't be coming from Pepe or his peoples side. His people will quietly talk to other clubs over the season the same As Torres did last summer, Alonso's people did the season before that, etc, etc. Reina will be wanted by virtually every club in the world. He doesn't need to sell himself in the rags.

We can get used to these articles, mostly with the same quotes.

The press will write loads of shite. It won't be coming from Pepe or his peoples side. His people will quietly talk to other clubs over the season the same As Torres did last summer, Alonso's people did the season before that, etc, etc. Reina will be wanted by virtually every club in the world. He doesn't need to sell himself in the rags.

We can get used to these articles, mostly with the same quotes.

Nail on head and end of thread.

He will leave in the summer im 100% certain of it, but there are are shitload og good goalies our there at the moment and im sure most of them would want to play for liverpool.

if not we have a good young keeper on the bench that can take the big step.

He will leave in the summer im 100% certain of it, but there are are shitload og good goalies our there at the moment and im sure most of them would want to play for liverpool.

if not we have a good young keeper on the bench that can take the big step.

Please name all these great goalies that are out there

The one thing I'm afraid of if he does go, is the thought that we might not even win an FA Cup over the next six years without him.

You've had a few too many white russians dude...that was a bit of a retard comment.

People will miss what Reina brings the team when he's gone