You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mascherano - The Benchwarmer.

redsoxs

BarryWom - You said "Most footballers are cunts. I don't like what the little twat did, but we were better with him than without him imo. I'd have him back as he'd be a low risk known quantity. Sooner that than some French no mark for a similar fee who is just as likely to have the same level of cuntishness as masch, as 90% of players do, who'd represent a massive gamble." Well what I believe is that we should NEVER allow ourselves to be pushed around. Oh yes and this answer goes double for Stumptown who agreed with you as well. Firstly - I'll ask just WHY you think Liverpool have been a mess for years re Challenging for honours? Seen as a 'soft touch', bullied by a succession of wantaway players and laughed at by our domestic foes for Allowing this to happen? Well until Torres anyway. Part of the reason was in the ridiculously submissive and pathetically supine attitude you suggested we should take Just because Mascherano was a good player for us ONCE (and one a lot of people wanted us to ditch as well as "we don't need holding midfielders to win the league" was the argument if I remember rightly)..

Allow me to remind you shall I? We let Owen, Mcmanaman, Mascherano bully us in the Same utterly selfish and pathetic fashion in order to get what they wanted and in the end - WHO looked weak? The club, with virtually one departure eventually leading to another. In fact it's quite easy to see actually how the loss of Mascherano MIGHT have triggered Torres decision to go to just as Owen clearly thought he could leave in the fashion Mcmanaman once did and so on. In fact I'd go so far as to say the Whole Bosman rule is BUILT on the weakness of clubs in such negotiating positions and was Designed to make Clubs almost subject to players whims in this disgraceful fashion and this is why homegrown players are always better - However, that's an argument for another day.

Anyway back to us, we got bullied and left up the creek without a paddle by player after player down the years (1998, 2004, 2010 to name but 3, you know the players). Then what happened? Well, then we got a strong, good manager (The strongest and best other than Fergie actually and AS strong as him mentally) who told Torres when He pulled the same stunt to get to fuck - Replaced him immediately with double the strength in his position and made TORRES look a fool by the decisiveness of his actions and the resultant fallout. Now answer me Just WHO looks like they came off better from the Torres deal thus far with the Blonde one's lack of goals and current Chelsea purgatory in settling there? I'll give you a clue shall I? Those who came off better in that deal? Play in Red. See where I'm going with this?

Yes, Footballers May all be Cnuts but actually no, your argument was a load of rubbish. We SHOULDN'T always do their bidding and bend over backwards to accommodate them. Surrendering more than the French do during wartime as You and your friend advocate is a truly Pathetic attitude and sometimes? The CLUB has to come first. And what's more? Alex Ferguson takes That attitude EVERY time and I'll give you a list to go With the likes of Torres, Mascherano, Mcmanaman and Owen shall I? Beckham, Stam, Van Nistlerooy and Keane. Remember them? All of those players took on Ferguson. He Never backed down and Which club and manager are held up as THE template to follow in the modern game? More to the point just WHO did Ferguson base the sides he Built upon originally right down to the attitude of 'The Club is Greater than Any Player'? Got it yet? I rest my case. Just to say, Did it ever occur to you that maybe we've caused Our Own problems by not standing up to bolshy, rebellious, crap-stirring players in the Past?

Perhaps If we'd stood up to Mcmanaman and FORCED him to move when we wanted and done the same to Owen? Just maybe we'd NOT have been shafted on their deals - Maybe Owen wouldn't have Had the example of Mcmanaman to follow and If we'd done the same with Mascherano as we did With Torres, he'd have shut up, got his head down and worked his way back. Just a shame we got Kenny in January rather than August in That respect as I've a feeling that if he was here last summer - It wouldn't have been Mascherano who "got what he wanted" as it were - Nor would we have been once more the surrender-monkeys you so disgracefully suggested we Should be back then and maybe the hardline would have paid it's own dividends with NONE of our players causing trouble in the way most of the Manc's never do.

The Bottom line here? Simple, The rule that Ferguson and the Manc's used (and Use) as part of the reason they are now so enduring and consistently strong; A rule that We originated is Always the best one to follow - That rule 'NO one player, no matter how good is any more important than the Club...EVER'. We should take it back since They stole it from us - It's worked wonders for them since it fosters and adds to the whole 'The club is stronger than anything' mentality they've based their recent success on and drummed into All of their players. That mental strength is a BIG part of why even with recently mediocre players they've churned out team after team able to challenge for titles whatever the problems. As I said - Maybe We could (re)learn a bit from them in that respect (since we knew this once). We've Tried what you suggested (giving in to player after player) and where's it got us thus far? Precisely nowhere. Time for a change of tactics perhaps? Maybe it's about time we took back Our rule and reapplied it to the club it originated from? Who knows what might happen? We can't have any worse luck with departing players than we've already had and maybe a hard line will change things in that respect. Who knows? Perhaps it might just change them a Lot more than we think........................

259335-animal_house_pinto1_large.jpg

Bad Lawrence: Fuck him! Fuck that cunt! Burn his jersey; beat his wife; you know you want too...

Good Lawrence: Lawrence, for shame!

Bad Lawrence: Don't listen to that Jackoff! Rape his wife! Burn his house down!

Good Lawrence: If you don't wish him well--- Ahhh, who the fuck am I kidding? Fuck that Mercenary Cunt!

Bad Lawrence: Awwwwww yeah!

I wouldn't take him back in a million years. Overrated player. The last thing we need is yet ANOTHER technically limited shit-kicker.

He was very good at what he did. I still wouldn't have him back, he stabbed us in the back and I wish him nothing but misery and hope he contracts gangrene of the arse, forcing him to retire.

Owen, Mascherano, Torres.... fuck them all. Their best years were with us, and their career can go to hell for all I care.

I would like this to be called the "Michael Owen Curse", and I think it would be great to use this phrase over and over again until it becomes a meme, so much so that we eventually see the phrase in the papers and on TV.

Both as a fuck you to these players, and as a warning to future stars to remember, who made you a star.

We would certainly be miles better with him in the team. As much as some people sing songs about Lucas, he is not natural defensive midfielder and is average in everything he does. I don´t attack him, I don´t rate him at all but appreciate his commitment and fighting spirit.

Gives his all, tryies hard but is not great at anything, so I am sure with player like Lucas beeing our main defensive midfielder we will never win anything, especially in the times like this decade, since Eilts showed the world that defensive midfielder is one of the most important roles in current footy.

And Lucas Leiva is not the answer. Mascherano is one of the best in the world at this, but I wouldn´t want him anywhere near Anfield again.

Maybe when he divorces.:tease:

We would certainly be miles better with him in the team. As much as some people sing songs about Lucas, he is not natural defensive midfielder and is average in everything he does. I don´t attack him, I don´t rate him at all but appreciate his commitment and fighting spirit.

Gives his all, tryies hard but is not great at anything, so I am sure with player like Lucas beeing our main defensive midfielder we will never win anything, especially in the times like this decade, since Eilts showed the world that defensive midfielder is one of the most important roles in current footy.

And Lucas Leiva is not the answer. Mascherano is one of the best in the world at this, but I wouldn´t want him anywhere near Anfield again.

Maybe when he divorces.:tease:

Who?

I want a ball playing destroyer if we can get one. Not a ball destroying destroyer. As good as Mascherano was, his style is not particularly conducive to an attacking pass and move game. Hence the bench time at Barcelona.

Alonso is the one we miss.

Owen, Mascherano, Torres.... fuck them all. Their best years were with us, and their career can go to hell for all I care.

I would like this to be called the "Michael Owen Curse", and I think it would be great to use this phrase over and over again until it becomes a meme, so much so that we eventually see the phrase in the papers and on TV.

Both as a fuck you to these players, and as a warning to future stars to remember, who made you a star.

Who's bigger than Liverpool

Take Mascherano back?

You must be fucking joking.

Any cunt that engineers a move away from our club like the way both Torres and Mascherano did, is completely dead to me.

same go for xabi?

it was a money motivated move as the only way he was going to break in to the starting lineup was an injury.

he actually took a pay cut.