You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mascherano - The Benchwarmer.

redsoxs

How much money do you fuckin need like? Getting paid about £100k a week and still wants to avoid tax to get more. Greedy fuckers.

I always think that the more money you have the more scared you probably get if you're not from old money.

I think the more money you have the more slippery cunts you have around you willing to do financial jiggery pockery on your behalf in exchange for a percentage.

The dude is a football player.  Half of them can barely read.  Tax returns are hard for normal people...

Give him a break?  I guess I would.  I always figured he was not the smartest of them all.

Now Messi, in jail, put him in the same cell with Ronaldo.

Read his statement and I tend to believe him.

I run a small company and there is no way I can keep up with the tax code.  If my accountant and lawyer tell me that I should set up some sort of holding company or some such to reduce my tax payments I tend to believe them and just do what they say.

The real problem is that the tax law is so complicated.  That's what allows these tax shelters and corporations registering dummy subsidiaries overseas and the like to qualify for the loopholes.  Read yesterday that Apple paid less than 3% in taxes last year, which is ludicrous.

If I were dictator I'd tell them that there was a flat rate on taxes for any corporation doing business in my country, no ifs ands or buts.  Simple rules for amortisation and other than that, taxes owed based purely on incoming cash minus outgoing cash for the year.  Anyone caught cheating goes to jail for years, just like any other criminal.  Put 90% of the tax attorneys out of business but that would be no big loss.

Read his statement and I tend to believe him.

I run a small company and there is no way I can keep up with the tax code. If my accountant and lawyer tell me that I should set up some sort of holding company or some such to reduce my tax payments I tend to believe them and just do what they say.

The real problem is that the tax law is so complicated. That's what allows these tax shelters and corporations registering dummy subsidiaries overseas and the like to qualify for the loopholes. Read yesterday that Apple paid less than 3% in taxes last year, which is ludicrous.

If I were dictator I'd tell them that there was a flat rate on taxes for any corporation doing business in my country, no ifs ands or buts. Simple rules for amortisation and other than that, taxes owed based purely on incoming cash minus outgoing cash for the year. Anyone caught cheating goes to jail for years, just like any other criminal. Put 90% of the tax attorneys out of business but that would be no big loss.

Fuck off Code.

I didn't read the statement but the whole thing is not surprising. Footballers make a fortune. They will have financial advisers to help them shelter as much money as possible from the taxman. Not all advisers, or schemes, will be entirely legit; and given the amount of footballers and complicated tax code, I'm surprised stuff like this doesn't happen more. 

He should pay everything owed, plus a fine on top, and be done with it. 

Either that, or he should improve the prison football team. Perhaps with Sylvester Stallone in goal.