You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yeah, because it is bollocks and shite isn't it?

But fair enough. Next time I'll wait for the inevitable agenda ridden through gritted teeth horseshite before I point out it is guaranteed to happen.

It is such a rarity for Rafa to be given any credit before the lies start that it was always going to get said.

It's alright Johnny, you can post in the thread again. The horseshite has already appeared since you posted the above.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets all praise Parry for the great job he did with the acadamy then, he brought in Rafa did he not?

Like I said in my opening post, if the mention of Rafa in the end in that interview is what stuck in your mind when finished reading it you are pretty weird.

But each to their own, you all have my deepest symphaty.

I'm happy to let others discuss it but you on the other hand have to stick your oar in because someone dared to start a thread praising Rafa.

The only thing I`m obsessed with is that we as a club move forward.

Starting to use the reserve games to something iseful is a great start, something Rafa failed to do in his 6 years here, so thats certainly positive tones from Kenny there.

Those who dont understand the importance for younger players to play actual games together with older, better and more experienced players obviously dont understand much about developing players.

Such a fibber.

You try to wind people up in the same way talk of Benitez winds you up.

Those who dont understand the importance for younger players to play actual games together with older, better and more experienced players obviously dont understand much about developing players.

Not just one man but the entire Spanish development system? Clearly it's been failing them for the past decade. The best way to get Academy players the right experience is how they do it in Spain by having B teams in the lower leagues. That will never see the light of day here.

I'm happy to let others discuss it but you on the other hand have to stick your oar in because someone dared to start a thread praising Rafa.

I just find it weird and especially in regards of youth football.

Rafa was here 6 years, how many youngsters did he develop into great players during that time.

The number is zero.

Not just one man but the entire Spanish development system? Clearly it's been failing them for the past decade. The best way to get Academy players the right experience is how they do it in Spain by having B teams in the lower leagues. That will never see the light of day here.

Not sure if I understand where you are going with that post, but I obviously agree with it.

A team like Barcelona B play in the actual league system and its a perfect example of what I`m talking about above where younger players gets a chance to play competitive football together with older, better and more experienced players.

Barcelona B have a mix of players between 17 to 26 year old players and the advantages players brought up through such a system compared to those who play meaningless games together with usually players at the same age and against players at the same age are massive.

So even if Rafa thought playing his squad/fringe players in the reserves did not really do them any good he shoudl have done it to help develop the few talants he actually had down there but only stagnated because of his politics.

Rafa did good and bad for us, and deserves credit for the good and criticism for the bad.

He did more good than bad.

We no longer have a lame-duck manager in his place so, meh. Thanks (genuinely) for the memories and the good things you did, that's it.

Night.

Academies have changed so much in the last 15 years. In the sense that they used to consist of local youngsters. Now we have kids from all over europe, some even further afield.

It is hard to talk about youth systems and not mention arsenal. Wenger turned up in 1996 and at the time I believe he was the only non-british manager. They must have been the first club to go international with their academy.

Houllier brought in a fair few lads from france. Unfortunatly none were up to scratch, however he laid those initial stepping stones for Rafa to come in and work on. In my opinion Rafa did well considering what he had from the start. It is a gradual process and I think it will be a while yet before we can start churning out world class match winners on a regular basis.

Not sure why the op didn't post the entire interview, but whatever.

As for the point about praising Rafa for the Academy, I'm happy to see him getting praise for it from Kenny, but until we see players coming through as part of this change, then I'll be cautiously optimistic.

Houollier brand of football determined the kind of youth talent we brought in lots of defensive types sprinkled with sinama and le tallec. He failed to live up to 2001 and made us played counter attack to a T.

Rafa came and lifted the place with more tactical nous and won the CL. But he had many short comings for the league because he doesnt have the ability to play a consistant style. this has got nothing to do with owners or money as teams like blackpool have evidently proved. Rafa also had 6 years to sort his shit like zonal marking and buying a frickin DECENT attacking winger and keep him happy for at least 2 years. But he failed too because he is just a lope sided genius for controlling/disrupting possession, and has no clue as to attack lowly teams with a quarter of the budget he has. THE LAST POINT SHOULD END ALL ARGUEMENT as he CONSISTENTLY drew or got beat to at least 3 matches (to strugglers) every year since he came. This has got nothing to do with club management but the way he sees the game. And its this philosophy that splits the fan base because apparently some here still prefer "TACTICAL NOWHERE 0-0 CRAP FOOTBALL WITH TRY YOUR LUCK ATTACKING PLAN". Well as long I live and breathe, I would rather support kenny's brand of pass and move, and risk throwing more attackers into play. even if we lost,I would still be proud because thats the way football is supposed to be played.

Btw, did anyone witness the 5-6 win revival of inter milan recently? Thank goodness that happened and obviously shut those rafa lovers or else we would have seen 3 threads about how inter is paying the price for sacking rafa. I hoped that kenny will unite us all end the reference to that spanish guy.

Houollier brand of football determined the kind of youth talent we brought in lots of defensive types sprinkled with sinama and le tallec. He failed to live up to 2001 and made us played counter attack to a T.

Rafa came and lifted the place with more tactical nous and won the CL. But he had many short comings for the league because he doesnt have the ability to play a consistant style. this has got nothing to do with owners or money as teams like blackpool have evidently proved. Rafa also had 6 years to sort his shit like zonal marking and buying a frickin DECENT attacking winger and keep him happy for at least 2 years. But he failed too because he is just a lope sided genius for controlling/disrupting possession, and has no clue as to attack lowly teams with a quarter of the budget he has. THE LAST POINT SHOULD END ALL ARGUEMENT as he CONSISTENTLY drew or got beat to at least 3 matches (to strugglers) every year since he came. This has got nothing to do with club management but the way he sees the game. And its this philosophy that splits the fan base because apparently some here still prefer "TACTICAL NOWHERE 0-0 CRAP FOOTBALL WITH TRY YOUR LUCK ATTACKING PLAN". Well as long I live and breathe, I would rather support kenny's brand of pass and move, and risk throwing more attackers into play. even if we lost,I would still be proud because thats the way football is supposed to be played.

Btw, did anyone witness the 5-6 win revival of inter milan recently? Thank goodness that happened and obviously shut those rafa lovers or else we would have seen 3 threads about how inter is paying the price for sacking rafa. I hoped that kenny will unite us all end the reference to that spanish guy.

Your post is an abomination.

I don't think being defensive is that big a problem in this league. See Mourinho. I reckon a Capello managed Man City team would rip this league up and win trophies at a canter. The FSW's problem is he couldn't even manage that that with the best defence in the world (Inter). I have a high opinion of Benitez's intelligence but unless he takes a few years off, reunites with Pako and relearns his trade, his career will probably spiral downwards.

Why is there a need to discuss the whole interview in a thread about the academy? You want to discuss another part of it start another thread.

That said- the academy is in a lot better shape than it has been for years and there is some decent talent coming through that can be squad players in a few years. That will free up budget in the transfer market to buy fewer, higher level players (of course- if the academy churns out a super star then all the better!).

Whomever you think changed the academy in that positive direction deserves credit.

Why is there a need to discuss the whole interview in a thread about the academy?

Well I was going to start a thread for the whole press conference as I was uploading the entire thing to Youtube

[YOUTUBE]nRgIcB8IbD0[/YOUTUBE]

But I could see a quote from the press conference had already been posted so I thought creating a separate thread might be unnecessary.

I don't really see why we can't talk about the whole press conference and everything Kenny said including what he said about the Academy and Rafa.

We have not had separate threads for separate quotes from his previous Press conferences fwiw

We're hitting new lows all the time.

Really is incredible stuff.

I think that's a troll and not a supporter so I don't know that I'd say "we're"... but on the other hand this whole thread makes me tired.

rafa fans are like his personality, relentless and destructive.

Like the pointless defensive posts and dribbling and snidey rebuttals until someone like me comes in and gives a BIG FUCK YOU.

Doesnt matter, kenny is in charge now. am happy as a bird. go on and continue to be bitter and mull over what ifs with rafa.