You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think that's a troll and not a supporter so I don't know that I'd say "we're"... but on the other hand this whole thread makes me tired.

Yeah true but it gives good excuse to shake your fist at the cranks.

Grrr

Thread is the bait.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rafa fans are like his personality, relentless and destructive.

Like the pointless defensive posts and dribbling and snidey rebuttals until someone like me comes in and gives a BIG FUCK YOU.

Doesnt matter, kenny is in charge now. am happy as a bird. go on and continue to be bitter and mull over what ifs with rafa.

This post is also an abomination.

2 for 2.

Well I was going to start a thread for the whole press conference .... but I could see a quote from the press conference had already been posted so I thought creating a separate thread might be unnecessary.

This thread made to discuss academy progress credit to rafa, not to discuss the press conference. 2 different topics to me so I would have preferred 2 threads. But hey- I don't make the rules and I can see where you came from.

Those who dont understand the importance for younger players to play actual games together with older, better and more experienced players obviously dont understand much about developing players.

So basically you're saying half of European clubs then who tend to do it the other way around.

Certainly if it was standard practice (as you say anyone who knows anything about developing players would know this) then you would expect more first team players to be involved in reserve football (18 man match day squad, 20-22 first team players in bigger squads anything from 2 to 4 players who miss out on a first team squad eligible for reserve football).

Yet for some reason, most clubs seem to only put players recovering from injury into the reserves rather than players not involved in first team games (and take the complete opposite approach to you by bringing young players into the first team rather than the other way around).

You need to call a europe wide meeting to impart your wisdom Code, UEFA are missing out on your expertise.

Edited by Cardie

Funny. I just got a neg telling me my post was silly and unnecessary.

I would have thought that the way this post has gone, and the post on the MF where some people are basically saying that Dalglish is wrong and Rafa deserves no credit kind of proves my original post to be spot on.

But there you go, it's only a neg and I like the person who negged me so I won't moan. I'll take my neg like man!

Any need for these two posts? Has anyone had a go at Rafa in this thread. No.

It is shitty comments like this which almost make me want to post something against Rafa. Yes, Rafa deserves credit for what is happening at the Academy now. Yes, Rick Parry was at fault for what was going on at the Academy a few seasons ago because of his disliking of Benitez, and vice versa (which caused Benitez to set up his own mini academy type thing within Melwood).

Wait until somebody comes out and says that Rafa doesn't deserve any credit before coming out with the "agenda ridden" bollocks or the "through gritted teeth" shite.

So rafa is to blame for the lack of height in the players coming through? The cad!

He did not highlight it, he was asked a question about it and he answered it, the acadamy will be run like before so unless you have an agenda, nothing really to see there.

What was being said about first team players in the reserves on the other hand, thats a welcome change in direction and it should have been done years ago as it will help the first team players in question but more than that it will massively improve the young reserve players if first team players are included on a regular basis.

He was asked about it and he chose to highlight that it's already excellently run and he's very pleased with it. It's an important point. There's a lot of stuff at our club that needs overhauling. The academy in Kenny's opinion is not one of them, and the credit for that has to go to Rafa.

He was asked about it and he chose to highlight that it's already excellently run and he's very pleased with it. It's an important point. There's a lot of stuff at our club that needs overhauling. The academy in Kenny's opinion is not one of them, and the credit for that has to go to Rafa.

You are right. Dalglish is out there to unite the club, he has stated it himself. A part of it is to concentrate on the positives, and recognize the improvements wherever they can be found. Another part is showing dignity and being big enough to give the credit to others when they deserve it. I wish the fans would do the same.

Like the pointless defensive posts and dribbling and snidey rebuttals until someone like me comes in and gives a BIG FUCK YOU.

Doesnt matter, kenny is in charge now. am happy as a bird. go on and continue to be bitter and mull over what ifs with rafa.

And you are proof that anti-Rafa fans are relentless and destructive as well.

Houollier brand of football determined the kind of youth talent we brought in lots of defensive types sprinkled with sinama and le tallec. He failed to live up to 2001 and made us played counter attack to a T.

Rafa came and lifted the place with more tactical nous and won the CL. But he had many short comings for the league because he doesnt have the ability to play a consistant style. this has got nothing to do with owners or money as teams like blackpool have evidently proved. Rafa also had 6 years to sort his shit like zonal marking and buying a frickin DECENT attacking winger and keep him happy for at least 2 years. But he failed too because he is just a lope sided genius for controlling/disrupting possession, and has no clue as to attack lowly teams with a quarter of the budget he has. THE LAST POINT SHOULD END ALL ARGUEMENT as he CONSISTENTLY drew or got beat to at least 3 matches (to strugglers) every year since he came. This has got nothing to do with club management but the way he sees the game. And its this philosophy that splits the fan base because apparently some here still prefer "TACTICAL NOWHERE 0-0 CRAP FOOTBALL WITH TRY YOUR LUCK ATTACKING PLAN". Well as long I live and breathe, I would rather support kenny's brand of pass and move, and risk throwing more attackers into play. even if we lost,I would still be proud because thats the way football is supposed to be played.

Btw, did anyone witness the 5-6 win revival of inter milan recently? Thank goodness that happened and obviously shut those rafa lovers or else we would have seen 3 threads about how inter is paying the price for sacking rafa. I hoped that kenny will unite us all end the reference to that spanish guy.

This is one of the worst posts I've ever read.

Perfect summary of your own contributions to an already tedious debate there mate, not to mention the ongoing transition of the ff from being a discusion forum about our great club into it's current incarnation; a tawdry carnival of jabbering mongs, each spouting more ill-formed nonsense than the last. Have a cigar.