You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

More twitter rumours

WaltonRed

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People take it far too seriously.

Its shit but its good to hear from journo's and stuff.

I've got a few lads off here but thats about it regarding us

I follow journalists and a few newspapers as it gives me a quick summary of what is going on. I refuse to follow any mates I know, just because my facebook is rammed full of conversation, I like to keep my Twitter easy to follow.

"In light of the recent rumours about Carra and his alleged involvement in the Benitez sacking, I'd say he was the one who's the prick"

Re-Tweeted by Real Red.

Personally I feel, There are one or two tweets-retweets by RR which IMO seem to be leaning towards a 'Jamie Carragher is at fault Roy being in a job, Rafa being sacked'.

So do we read into your comments that you don't feel that to be the case?

Been reading twitter over the weekend.

And I've came across a selection of comments.

1. Carra got Rafa sacked

2. Carra is a tit

3. Hodgson should be sacked and replaced by Kenny x1000

4. Why is everyone tweeting John Henry about Hodgson.

I can only echo the thoughts of Barry Wom. From mick taking twitter accounts, to just insults. It's a relentless campaign, and it's disgusting.

I never use Twitter, but it's a fair bet that Carragher had at least some sort of say in Rafa out Roy in.

Carragher's journo friend, and book author, is Bascombe. Bascombe was Rafa's biggest critic and constantly ran with the 'Rafa's lost the support of senior players' line, whilst Carragher was still doing exclusives with Bascombe. Plus there was Murphy's exclusive with Bascombe where he said his mates at Liverpool think it's time for a change, and he agrees.

And Carragher also had the ear of Purslow. Purslow sacked Benitez; Purslow appointed Roy.

Carragher also leaked some stories to various people which made it onto message boards, but never made it into the press. Also, as soon as Rafa left, Carragher suddenly got a massive contract extension which NESV were reportedly extremely unhappy about. I wonder which shortly thereafter removed from his position MD of the club was responsible for that.

Carragher should be almost immune from criticism for his service to the club, but that doesn't mean that he hasn't had a role to play in the situation at the club currently. There were various stories about (which obviously may not have been true) about Purslow showing people texts from Carragher and Gerrard talking about Rafa in less than friendly terms.

Maybe this is all speculation and conjecture, but there's a lot of smoke if there isn't any fire, and it would be naive to assume that senior players at the club would have no influence in a change of manager at the club, particularly when our board at the time had no "football men" in it.

Carragher also leaked some stories to various people which made it onto message boards, but never made it into the press. Also, as soon as Rafa left, Carragher suddenly got a massive contract extension which NESV were reportedly extremely unhappy about. I wonder which shortly thereafter removed from his position MD of the club was responsible for that.

Carragher should be almost immune from criticism for his service to the club, but that doesn't mean that he hasn't had a role to play in the situation at the club currently. There were various stories about (which obviously may not have been true) about Purslow showing people texts from Carragher and Gerrard talking about Rafa in less than friendly terms.

Maybe this is all speculation and conjecture, but there's a lot of smoke if there isn't any fire, and it would be naive to assume that senior players at the club would have no influence in a change of manager at the club, particularly when our board at the time had no "football men" in it.

See I can appreciate all of that but some of the stuff being said on other forums, most notably rawk, is outright disgusting, they fucking hate him over there, he mad their beloved rafa leave. Its disgusting.

Carragher also leaked some stories to various people which made it onto message boards, but never made it into the press. Also, as soon as Rafa left, Carragher suddenly got a massive contract extension which NESV were reportedly extremely unhappy about. .

That bit is very wrong, are you implying for an "alleged" part in removing the previous manager Carragher got a new contract?

Also NSEV new about and approved Carraghers new contract, this has been said already

Bomb Carragher out of the team along with his woeful anti-football antics and the venom on twitter will soon abate.

Carragher is playing no different to what he was 2 years ago, so ask yourself why is he getting all the shit now? The same people making up shit about him on twitter are the same people who are saying Hodgson was freezing out Agger even though he was crocked, you know Agger whos on a 5 year £70k a week deal but averages 25 games a season, Carragher is well worth his contract when you consider that.

Dave confirmed it 3 weeks ago!

theliverpoolway The Liverpool Way

@ @rorysmith_tel I'd be happy with affelay, but need striker more urgently. By the way, john henry told fans nesv gave carra that contract.

27 Oct Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Strange then because one of the first thing Henry said was how prudent the club have to be with every penny.

"We have to be more efficient. When we spend a dollar it has to be wisely. We cannot afford player contracts that do not make long-term sense. We have to be smart, bold, aggressive. It's a great challenge."

And that was the day after Carragher got that contract. Hardly the words of someone who'd randomly hand out two year contract extensions (and presumably on big, big wages) to a player who turns 33 this season, and hasn't been in the best of form for a good while compared to when he last signed a contract on those wages.

Strange that Henry would go against that whole ethos to hand out a contract to Carragher who's hardly in great demand by other clubs. Why wouldn't they wait? Or give him a one-year deal.

Henry's either covering Purslow's arse, or gone against his whole ethos just to placate Carragher. I wonder which?

Carragher is playing no different to what he was 2 years ago, so ask yourself why is he getting all the shit now? The same people making up shit about him on twitter are the same people who are saying Hodgson was freezing out Agger even though he was crocked, you know Agger whos on a 5 year £70k a week deal but averages 25 games a season, Carragher is well worth his contract when you consider that.

Spot on post.