You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland Match Thread (17th October 2009)

Herp McDerp

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

American FSC pundit proving he knows nothing about 'soccer' by saying "one would think Rafa may be making changes at half time". 67 minutes you idiot.

Ha, true.

Our bench really is worrying though. Nobody on there who can trust to come on and change things (Well, not change things in a positive way)

Do they usually have every game good quality? also what language is the commentary?

First of all, the site is legal. Yes every game i've seen have been good quality. They have different channels like Sky Sport and Canal +, so then we have commentarys in both languages, English and Norwegian :yes: But personally i prefer English, they are the better commentarys :yes:

You're right re: stamping on it. As for it not standing err... because of the sheer ridiculousness of the whole thing.. Yeah, that's it, there should be a rule about ridiculous goals not counting. Or something.

Seriously though, the ref should be on the pitch. A big fuck off balloon shouldn't.

Sorry mate but it doesnt matter how ridiculous the whole thing was. Its in the rules. The rule was brought in for circumstances where the ball struck the ref or any object on the pitch and ended up in the net.

Bear in mind when football started most games were played on 'open' pitches with ruts and hollows in them which could affect the path of the ball.

Guest davelfc
First of all, the site is legal. Yes every game i've seen have been good quality. They have different channels like Sky Sport and Canal +, so then we have commentarys in both languages, English and Norwegian :yes: But personally i prefer English, they are the better commentarys :yes:

Pretty sure it is illegal to stream Premiership games to UK.

This is a bog chance for Jay and he's not taking full use of it.

Regardless of having Lucas at the side of him he is conceding possesion too easy and got lucky with a back pass that nearly led to a goal.

I fancy us to score because they are not great in defence but its can we keep them out the other end.

This is a big chance for Jay and he's not taking full use of it.

Regardless of having Lucas at the side of him he is conceding possesion too easy and got lucky with a back pass that nearly led to a goal.

I fancy us to score because they are not great in defence but its can we keep them out the other end.

Pretty sure it is illegal to stream Premiership games to UK.

It is. The site might be legal in one country, but that doesn't make it legal in another, so if it is legal in Norway say, it is most likely illegal in the uk, since it isn't the same providers that has the rights in the two countries.

Here's what the team needs to hear: Keep possession, let them keep running, last 30 minutes is ours. Then hit them hard.

This requires likes of Spearing to slow down, Sunderland is no match for us. This team is perfectly good enough to win, the difference so far is a balloon.

Sorry mate but it doesnt matter how ridiculous the whole thing was. Its in the rules. The rule was brought in for circumstances where the ball struck the ref or any object on the pitch and ended up in the net.

Bear in mind when football started most games were played on 'open' pitches with ruts and hollows in them which could affect the path of the ball.

I was under the impression that if objects on the pitch were obstructing play the game could be stopped whilst they were removed. Given that the ball was right in front of the goal and that the shot was hit from behind it, leaving Pepe completely unsighted by an object that shouldn't have been on the pitch, I thought it may be relevant.

I'll admit that I haven't checked the rules on that and could very well be wrong.

I was under the impression that if objects on the pitch were obstructing play the game could be stopped whilst they were removed. Given that the ball was right in front of the goal and that the shot was hit from behind it, leaving Pepe completely unsighted by an object that shouldn't have been on the pitch, I thought it may be relevant.

I'll admit that I haven't checked the rules on that and could very well be wrong.

I think you're on the money. That's absolutely ridiculous that the balloon was there and even more ridiculous that the goal counted.