You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If you live in Norway it's not as expensive, it's all relative.

This government being shite is not an argument for EU membership.

Firstly, no, it's not all relative. EU-dependent products cost much more if they cannot be produced locally, so it depends what you want to give up

Secondly, having the EU as a check on our government is a very valid argument. I don't trust any of the fuckers and the more restraints they have, the better

Right, that's all I was asking. Wasn't too difficult was it you massive cockmunch?

I really don'#t understand what you didn't understand. 

Regarding the House of Lords, it does have some checks and balances on the Commons, but it's far from effective and very costly.

Shouldn't worry about it.In a couple of weeks time " the nation " will be united in its venomous hatred of Uruguay, and the Daily Wail will have started a campaign to have a certain individual from there turned away at our border when he turns up...............

• Upvote 1

My only worry about ukip is how incompetent labour will be at dealing with it, alongside the right wing propaganda.

It is a mistake to see Euro scepticism and concerns about immigration as a right wing phenomena. Labour has still not grasped that yet.

Skilled immigration will drive our recovery, mass unskilled immigration will hold it back.

Spy Bee, take a second or two to have a look at EU funded projects in the UK. And before you say, yeah but we could pay for that ourselves, take another second or two to look at the Big Society policy commended by our current govt and ask yourself whether they would bother spending the money that way, or whether they would give it to the bankers

Spare a thought for Hungary and Eastern European countries whose taxpayer's money paid for the education and training of all those doctors and nurses who came to the UK for higher pay and now prop up your healthcare system. What do you think they say about their best and brightest fucking off as soon as they've had their free education?

And that's before we even start to think about trade and the free market that provides a great deal of the things you buy, plus the opportunity for British small business to do business overseas. And then have a good think about how fucking ridiculously expensive it is to live in Norway

Not sure you have this quite right. The EU allocates the funding to the national government which is responsible for spending it in a way that meets certain criteria. In addition, the national government frequently matches or exceeds the levels of funding provided by the EU. In many cases the large funding rengeneration packages are a complex combination of funding from several sources EU, national government, local government and business. In a number of instances it is business who have stumped up the lions share of the cash. This applies to several of the EU regeneration schemes that I have looked at in detail which have taken place in the north west over the last thirty odd years.

Bloody Anglo Saxons, comin over ere

You obviously didn't read my post before you vented your inane drivel, i said 'muslim fundamentalism' not 'muslims'. I have many muslim friends, i respect they're religious views. It's simply when religion becomes a foreshadow to a more serious problem. When religion becomes a mantra to embody hatred, intolerance, and violence. Similar scenario's can be seen with 'westboro baptist church' or trawling back through history with the 'christian crusades'.

Bigot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEK5H47Buk

Bloody anglo saxons, comin over ere setting down our language and culture, bloody neolithic peoples!

It is a mistake to see Euro scepticism and concerns about immigration as a right wing phenomena. Labour has still not grasped that yet.

Skilled immigration will drive our recovery, mass unskilled immigration will hold it back.

But skilled immigrants send their pennies back home, unskilled ones who work hard and spend money in our economy while only getting a basic minimum wage will put it back in our economy stupid.

What does that even mean that phrase, Im pretty sure Europe does exist and doubt we should be paying attention to people who struggle to verify its existence.

Im pretty sure people are sceptical of almost all politicians so not sure its just a meaningless phrase you've pulled out your arse.

So youve just made a nonsense of yourself.

Not sure you have this quite right. The EU allocates the funding to the national government which is responsible for spending it in a way that meets certain criteria. In addition, the national government frequently matches or exceeds the levels of funding provided by the EU. In many cases the large funding rengeneration packages are a complex combination of funding from several sources EU, national government, local government and business. In a number of instances it is business who have stumped up the lions share of the cash. This applies to several of the EU regeneration schemes that I have looked at in detail which have taken place in the north west over the last thirty odd years.

So businesses pay society profits, cant you see that its win win.

Or would you rather sack a few nurses so those businesses dont have to pay their way and take it out of our tax money?

I think the only benefit in the rise of the right across Europe is that it might prompt the rise of the left and mobilise people out of their apathy, I include myself in that. The right by its nature is a blunt instrument which uses fear and, at the extreme end, violence to get its own way, and it always, always ends in disaster, social, economic and military disaster.

• Upvote 1

If you live in Norway it's not as expensive, it's all relative.

This government being shite is not an argument for EU membership.

Norway are a poor example as they possess mineral wealth that the UK doesn't even come remotely close to. I don't know what their situation would be like if they didn't but it would definitely be a completely different situation. Their oil fund is worth about 850 billion quid.