You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Darwin vs The Bible

Flying Pig

Si, you've included the phrase "I was told..." in several posts on this thread, and in a nutshell, that sums up most followers of religion in that their every view and opinion is based on something they've been told. They're looking at the world and their place in it through somebody else's eyes. People read the Bible, the Koran or whatever holy scriptures apply to their chosen religion, but they are asked to interpret it all in a particular way, and that particular way is usually designed to suit the whims of somebody or some group of people that feel to need to maintain power over the people by suppression.

Religion likes to paint a picture that non-believers are wrong and therefore bad people. You can be a good person without the need to follow religious teachings. Your place in the world and how you treat other people should not be governed by religion. You can be certain that if we ever reach a situation where survival is at stake, all the religious teachings in the world will go out of the window, and those who preach them will probably be at the front of the queue.

How can someone misinterpret their Bible stories, they are stories, therefore open to interpretation, that's what a fucking story is! I think you're confusing fact and fiction, unless of course you believe the Bible, historically shown to have been written decades, if not centuries, after the death of Jesus of Nazareth is the literal word of an omnipotent being?

The Satanic Bible, do you mean the one by Lavey? The one written in 1969?

Do you even know what Satanisms core concepts are?

Fucking hell Simon you're a thick fucker, but add piety to that and you become a fucking joke as well.

Stick to what you know.

Do what thou wilt shalt be the whole of the law.

Meaning : it's perfectly fine to shag a squeasant, and you're positively encouraged to neg Stronts.

This thread could easily be transformed into a Hollywood blockbuster :

A naive young traveller, experiences religion in it's many guises before being cast adrift in a lonely caravan, with only a squeasant for company he is forced to endure a myriad of suffering, heartbreak, loss and self-flaggelation en route to discovering God.

"Life of Si" is at a video store near you.*

*BetaMax only.

Will you still be saying that once he's read the Koran, spoke to more elders and walked into Boots with a rucksack full of bleach and compost?

Think on.

Good point.

Have you ever seen the Bunuel film Simon of the Desert?

Oooh! Seems someone has uploaded it all to youtube. Amazing. And very apt for this thread.

Simon of the Desert - YouTube

There is a difference between taught and indoctrinated. The fact you think any of this is real tells me you are a bit dim. Read up about Nicaea

This post buried amongst the rest on here is what every catholic or person who believes in god should look at as it shows how Catholicism came into being and how the bible was manipulated to contrast what happend in Nacea.

How it took centuries for the different catholic sects came together under emperor constantines (who had a cult called Sol Invictus)church called the Universal Church of Rome.

The fact that it took centuries for the trinity to come into being by voting on it.

How the gospels were re written for or manipulated to bring together the whole story of the bible.

I tried to rep you mate but it seems I have already on something else but will do when I spread some love around.

Also this is well worth a look at as it tells you how the nativity is a load of bollocks.

[YOUTUBE]vMo5R5pLPBE[/YOUTUBE]

The really sad thing is that you have children. You delight in your ignorance and will obviously delight in making them ignorant too.

It's the wilful desire to hold on to the ignorance that is genuinely annoying. Evolution by natural selection is a really fucking simple idea. It's not complicated in the slightest for people who genuinely would rather be educated than be stupid. It's not up for debate any more than gravity is and most religious leaders accept that.

Adam fucked Eve. They had kids. Sooooo.......where did the next generation come from you fucking simpleton?

Sorry to be a cunt but there's nothing more annoying that peope who celebrate their idiocy.

PT1

Who the hell are you to question myself and my parenting skills, my wife who just for tthe record is the mother of said children is an athiest. We did not get married in a church due to her beiefs, not mine. Our children do not go to churchs or have any religeous teachings. When my children are older they will be able to make their own choices.

PT2

I am no scholar I give you that much Monty but do yourself the favour and do not be so ignorant yourself. Where did we all come from if there was onlyAdam and Eve? Its obvious that there was some kind of family bashing going on.

As I've said, you know the sum of fuck all when it comes to either the old or new testament.

Or alot else for his mater.

And how do you know i have not researched it all just because i appear dim does not give you the rights to critisise and immediately mark me as wrong. Ive read enough to know what im talking about i admit i am yet to read the Satanic bible but i have downloaded and will most certainly read it. But i have read a lot of stuff on it because growing up i was always taught Satan is responsible for the eveil in the world you cant play this game you cant do this you cant do that. Etc Well i didnt belive Satan was evil as i always remembered that in Issiah it says he is a employee of good to Decieve people. Etc etc from as early as i could read i read about religion. And I did my best to prove Satan wasnt evil. I asked loads of questions and still do. People confuse Satanism with Goths Emos Peganist etc and its Bollox. So please dont tell me i am wrong without knowing the first thing about me all you know is that i worked for Gypsies and im a wanna be great chef appart from that you know fuck all about me or my interests.

I'm lost for words.

To what ive been told about it the Koran is very Peaceful.

On another note no reading the book myself either I would say that from what I have been told on this thread alone its not.

Si, you've included the phrase "I was told..." in several posts on this thread, and in a nutshell, that sums up most followers of religion in that their every view and opinion is based on something they've been told. They're looking at the world and their place in it through somebody else's eyes. People read the Bible, the Koran or whatever holy scriptures apply to their chosen religion, but they are asked to interpret it all in a particular way, and that particular way is usually designed to suit the whims of somebody or some group of people that feel to need to maintain power over the people by suppression.

Religion likes to paint a picture that non-believers are wrong and therefore bad people. You can be a good person without the need to follow religious teachings. Your place in the world and how you treat other people should not be governed by religion. You can be certain that if we ever reach a situation where survival is at stake, all the religious teachings in the world will go out of the window, and those who preach them will probably be at the front of the queue.

Pt1 Religion my friend will do that, there is indeed more wrong with the church itself than that of the outside world. But thats because the church is made up of sinners. One day the church will realise that.

Wait a fucking minute!!!! Simon is a Jehovah's Witness???

I'm saving this thread until later when I've got a bit of time.

Now I know that I will be treading on a very thin line with most of you due o the very nature of my beliefs but the ol' Jehovah's only believe that 144 thousand will make it to heaven, with more than that already within their group and their daily mission to convert more believers, who will miss out I wonder?