You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Darwin vs The Bible

Flying Pig

I havent discredited the theory of Evolution one bit nor the Big bang it could well be true but this still nothing to say how the Monkey Tadpole or what ever we evolved from got here the truth is the Human mind will never in a million years be able to Phafom how we got here.

I want to see what a Monkey Tadpole looks like.

Also the human mind can and has fathomed how we got here, because science tells us and has done for a number of years now, centuries in fact.

Brian Cox is currently doing a documentary series at the moment on the BBC called Wonders of Life. I suggest you watch it.

There are no Monkey Tadpoles in it though.

PT1

Who the hell are you to question myself and my parenting skills, my wife who just for tthe record is the mother of said children is an athiest. We did not get married in a church due to her beiefs, not mine. Our children do not go to churchs or have any religeous teachings. When my children are older they will be able to make their own choices.

PT2

I am no scholar I give you that much Monty but do yourself the favour and do not be so ignorant yourself. Where did we all come from if there was onlyAdam and Eve? Its obvious that there was some kind of family bashing going on.

Or alot else for his mater.

I'm lost for words.

On another note no reading the book myself either I would say that from what I have been told on this thread alone its not.

Pt1 Religion my friend will do that, there is indeed more wrong with the church itself than that of the outside world. But thats because the church is made up of sinners. One day the church will realise that.

Now I know that I will be treading on a very thin line with most of you due o the very nature of my beliefs but the ol' Jehovah's only believe that 144 thousand will make it to heaven, with more than that already within their group and their daily mission to convert more believers, who will miss out I wonder?

That's wrong mate. 144'000 is not how many will survive they are the anointed that will be Jesus's Government. The Annointed know who they are, how do they know or think they just do was the answer to my question. How do you know they are not lieing? I asked i was told they are not treated differently to any other so it wouldn't matter. Jahovas Witnesses believe that as long as you have a good heart free of evil or deception you will be rewarded ever lasting life on a paradise earth with peace. And to people saying im a Witness no im not i and i personally have never been.

That's wrong mate. 144'000 is not how many will survive they are the anointed that will be Jesus's Government. The Annointed know who they are, how do they know or think they just do was the answer to my question. How do you know they are not lieing? I asked i was told they are not treated differently to any other so it wouldn't matter. Jahovas Witnesses believe that as long as you have a good heart free of evil or deception you will be rewarded ever lasting life on a paradise earth with peace. And to people saying im a Witness no im not i and i personally have never been.

Is denying your dying child a blood transfusion because Jehovah tells you to having a good heart?

I want to see what a Monkey Tadpole looks like.

Also the human mind can and has fathomed how we got here, because science tells us and has done for a number of years now, centuries in fact.

Brian Cox is currently doing a documentary series at the moment on the BBC called Wonders of Life. I suggest you watch it.

There are no Monkey Tadpoles in it though.

If the human mind could Phavom it then was is no body looks before the so called creator no matter what that would be. Its like the Chicken an the egg no one knows where it started. And if you do believe in a god as a entity spirit or any other form how did that get here and so on you telling me the human mind can handle that. Even if its evolution why have they only looked at Humans? Why no explanations for other Animals. The big bang what was there to cause it and how did it get there? What made this planet? its all well looking at evolution but that still dont tell us how we sieze to be. Science can not give you even 1% of the full picture. Take the Dinosaurs wheres the explanation of them? Where did they come from. I could go on and on. The Cycles and food hains of the earth. The Spiders Bees etc. Like i said i could go on all day people who put there hopes in science will forever be looking for an answer just as much as people that put there trust in a bible.

If the human mind could Phavom it then was is no body looks before the so called creator no matter what that would be. Its like the Chicken an the egg no one knows where it started.

IT STARTED WITH THE EGG! Just google it for fucks sake.

Can't be bothered with the rest of the nonsense right now.

Is denying your dying child a blood transfusion because Jehovah tells you to having a good heart?

They don't they are only allowed to make that decision for them selves. The Bible does not allow for you to choose who dies. So your wrong there skids. Its because the bible tells Chistianity, Jahovas, Cathlics that blood is sacred to themselves. The Religion has to be accepted to make disicion's like that not forced.

Edited by celeryBADboy

If the human mind could Phavom it then was is no body looks before the so called creator no matter what that would be. Its like the Chicken an the egg no one knows where it started. And if you do believe in a god as a entity spirit or any other form how did that get here and so on you telling me the human mind can handle that. Even if its evolution why have they only looked at Humans? Why no explanations for other Animals. The big bang what was there to cause it and how did it get there? What made this planet? its all well looking at evolution but that still dont tell us how we sieze to be. Science can not give you even 1% of the full picture. Take the Dinosaurs wheres the explanation of them? Where did they come from. I could go on and on. The Cycles and food hains of the earth. The Spiders Bees etc. Like i said i could go on all day people who put there hopes in science will forever be looking for an answer just as much as people that put there trust in a bible.

Fuck. Ing. Hell.

So the Explanation Science has for the plants Humans and animals is Evolution? Sounds a bit lazy and Farfetched. But that does not tell you anything about the planet.

Hahaha, nice!

No it doesn't and it is not trying to. There are other theories that deal with the planet. Like the model of the big bang for example.

So the Explanation Science has for the plants Humans and animals is Evolution? Sounds a bit lazy and Farfetched. But that does not tell you anything about the planet.

Bahahahaha! Lazier and more far-fetched than some omnipotent being creating them all? OK then...

The creation of the earth? Again, read some fucking science books instead of filling your already overcrowded brain with this mumbo-jumbo.

They don't they are only allowed to make that decision for them selves. The Bible does not allow for you to choose who dies. So your wrong there skids. Its because the bible tells Chistianity, Jahovas, Cathlics that blood is sacred to themselves. The Religion has to be accepted to make disicion's like that not forced.

No Simon, the bible says that the eating of blood is wrong.

Jehovah's are against blood transfusions all together and if they follow that path of religion they will abide by that belief.

The religious position of Jehovah's Witnesses leads them to refuse red cells (packed red cells), white cells, plasma (FFP) and platelets. Derivatives of these (such as albumin, immunoglobulins, or coagulation factors) are seen as a matter of individual patient choice.

With respect to autologous procedures, be this intraoperative red cell salvage, haemodilution,

Refusing someone a blood transfusion on religious grounds is choosing whether someone dies or not.

Here are a few links for you to read mate.

BBC News - Jehovah's Witness objects to wife's blood transfusion

Jehovah's Witnesses and Blood Transfusions

Jehovah's Witness teenager dies after refusing blood transfusion | UK news | guardian.co.uk

From the article above

He said: "There is not one single policy and not one single law regarding transfusions.

"There is no automatic right to override parental wishes or that of a minor. It is a very complex area that has to be approached on a case-by-case basis.

"Any decisions that have to be made are made in consultation with as many people as possible."

They do choose Si. They choose to allow people to die when they can be saved because they take the stories of a loon from years ago as gospel.

No offence mate, I may not be fully up to date on how all religions work, but I am not out of my depth as you are.

Bahahahaha! Lazier and more far-fetched than some omnipotent being creating them all? OK then...

The creation of the earth? Again, read some fucking science books instead of filling your already overcrowded brain with this mumbo-jumbo.

Then where did the big bang come from? Every planet and star in the solar system? I'm guessing the Sun and the Moon was apart of that too? Just so happened that the moon and the Sun is needed?bit fortunate don't you think? And you call people that believe in the So called "Mumbo Jumbo" "which i agree with it being btw" stupid? Seriously how many times has Scientists been proved wrong?? How many times has there been a answer for something and another found? You pin all your hopes on the human mind oh and DNA, Maybe all is Unique but there still bouts everyone on this planet shares that would suggest we are all related in some way. The Fact that any element inside us would also say it. And ill say it again why don't we see evidence of Evolution today. When you believe science your just as gullible as them that believe in a spiritual god.

Another thread were Bill has nailed this in the past.

Beliefs are great. Cherish them, but don't share them like they're the truth.

I don't know what you all believe, and I don't really care … but you have to admit that beliefs are odd. Lots of Christians wear crosses around their necks … you really think when Jesus comes back, he ever wants to see a fucking cross?

Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally on our planet, serves a thousand different functions, all of them positive.

To make marijuana against the law is like saying that God made a mistake.

Like on the seventh day God looked down, "There it is. My Creation, perfect and holy in all ways.

Now I can rest. [Gives shocked expression] Oh my Me! I left fuckin' pot everywhere. I should never have smoked that joint on the third day. Hehe, that was the day I created the possum. Still gives me a chuckle. But if I leave pot everywhere, that's gonna give people the impression they're supposed to … use it. Now I have to create Republicans." " … and God wept", I believe is the next part of that story.

Then where did the big bang come from? Every planet and star in the solar system? I'm guessing the Sun and the Moon was apart of that too? Just so happened that the moon and the Sun is needed?bit fortunate don't you think? And you call people that believe in the So called "Mumbo Jumbo" "which i agree with it being btw" stupid? Seriously how many times has Scientists been proved wrong?? How many times has there been a answer for something and another found? You pin all your hopes on the human mind oh and DNA' date=' Maybe all is Unique but there still bouts everyone on this planet shares that would suggest we are all related in some way. The Fact that any element inside us would also say it. And ill say it again why don't we see evidence of Evolution today. When you believe science your just as gullible as them that believe in a spiritual god.[/quote']

It's times like this I wish I wasn't on my phone, as I simply can't be arsed typing the response I want to...

No Simon, the bible says that the eating of blood is wrong.

Jehovah's are against blood transfusions all together and if they follow that path of religion they will abide by that belief.

Refusing someone a blood transfusion on religious grounds is choosing whether someone dies or not.

Here are a few links for you to read mate.

BBC News - Jehovah's Witness objects to wife's blood transfusion

Jehovah's Witnesses and Blood Transfusions

Jehovah's Witness teenager dies after refusing blood transfusion | UK news | guardian.co.uk

From the article above

They do choose Si. They choose to allow people to die when they can be saved because they take the stories of a loon from years ago as gospel.

No offence mate, I may not be fully up to date on how all religions work, but I am not out of my depth as you are.

If the fella has refused for his wife it is because she has said to him at some point, as for any other they have refused it them selves and as for eaten etc, The Bible says Blood is sacred i forget the exact words but it talks about letting blood spill to the floor as well. Mate they are not in anyway allowed to make that choice for someone who has not i accepted the religion. The beliefs etc can not be forced on anyone they can only be accepted, You cant just say right my son is going to be a Jehovah witness and he isn't going to have blood that in the eyes of the bible is wrong. They have to allowably accept it.