You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"He needs serious funds in the summer."

he's not going to get it atk, he's going to have to wheel and deal. unless the cunts sell and besides, it'll be too late anyway if we got new owners because everyone of quality who are moving will have moved

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The games we should have won are equalled by the games we won and shouldn't have, we have done brilliantly this season.....to beat Utd's record breaking run without conceding and also their impressive, and at times lucky, finish to the season would have required a close to perfection season from us.

And anyway, its not over yet, they are as likely to lose back to back games at home to Arsenal and away to Hull as they were to lose at home to us and away to Fulham.....I still believe!

Words can't really describe how I feel, but I will say this.

This has been the league no team has really wanted to win, however if United winning the league after what has been a gut wrenching season doesn't drive the team onto future success, then nothing will.

We will win the league next year.

Not this season, unfortunately.

No sadly for the first time ever.

Points for teams who finished second:

07/08: 2- 85p

06/07: 2- 83p

05/06: 2- 83p

04/05: 2- 83p

03/04: 2- 79p

02/03: 2- 78p

01/02: 2- 80p

00/01: 2- 70p

As far as i am concerned we have laid down a marker this season regards what we are hoping to achieve and the direction we are heading.

When you look at the shite going off the pitch with the owners and Rafa's contract plus the fact as its been pointed out our two major players in Torres and Gerrard only starting 12 games together then you start and see this season is not as bad as you think.

Alonso is a top player for the club and hopefully he does not leave but the two players that would have won us the league of that i am certain had they played alongside each other for a sustained period of time is Gerrard and Torres.

Hopefully the fact we are attacking teams from the first whistle to the last will show Rafa what is needed to win the league in the country and i personally am looking forward to next season.

No sadly for the first time ever.

07/08: 2. 85p

06/07: 2. 83p

05/06: 2. 83p

04/05: 2. 83p

03/04: 2. 79p

02/03: 2. 78p

01/02: 2. 80p

00/01: 2. 70p

I'm beginning to think I'm destined never to see us win the League, given that we'll probably be the first side not to win it on 86 and end the season with fewer defeats than them and a better goal difference as well.

This has been the league no team has really wanted to win, however if United winning the league after what has been a gut wrenching season doesn't drive the team onto future success, then nothing will.

Wish I could share your optimism.

What a cunt of a day - poisoned by all things Mancunian. Fergie's fuckpigs win, Hazel Ugly Fucking Leprechaun Blears tries to justify her corruption and they get a billion and a half fucking quid to build a tramline to fucking, stinking, shitey, pointless, retarded, living corpse ridden, fucking Rochdale! I detest Manchester, Mancunians, and resent the fact that they breathe the same air as we normal people. Stinking, horrible, inbred, subhuman cunts - each and every one of them!

My sunny disposition, though, makes me consider that there is still a lot to play for: two games and it still ain't over. Let's wait and see.

We've helped them get there, since 92 our shambolic running off the field whether it be sticking with under performing managers or not getting the basics right we've played in to there hands.

We've made massive strides this season but alas, 1st is everything 2nd is sweet fuck all.

I fucking despise the lot of them.

you sure? i thought chelsea got about 90 odd one year

They did but they also won the league that year.

Both Chelsea and Arsenal have got 90 points in the league, Arsenal 90p in 03/04 and Chelsea 95p in 04/05 and 91p in 05/06.

They did but they also won the league that year.

Both Chelsea and Arsenal have got 90 points in the league, Arsenal 90p and Chelsea 91p and 95p.

ok but you said 86 has always been good enough to win the league

edit Sorry i understand what you mean now

Fucking hell i've tried everything. I was in the pub for the Villa game and had to watch the cunts nick a last minute winner. I was sat at home and watched the Spurs game.

I watched the first half tonight, turned it off and watched something on sky + to try and forget about it; checked the final score and just fucking knew what was gonna happen.

You just have to accept it and move on.

It makes a mockery of those people who criticised others earlier in the season when we were drawing and dropping points against shite at home. If you give the cunts an inch, they take a mile so when you're ahead of them you have to step on the gas otherwise you'll get fucked, just like we have been this season.

We only have ourselves to blame for not being brave enough when we were ahead.

Fucking sums those gobshites up.

"Are you watching Merseyside?" as they're on the verge of winning an 18th League title.

The biggest small club in the world.

It fucking furiates me because they don't deserve the success they've had.

It is hard to take but in some respects we only have ourselves to blame. Add in their not conceeding a goal in 10 games and shanks' addage of 'if you dont conceed, you wont lose' becomes abundantly stark and glaring.

Maybe this season was our best shout in years, we'll see next season.

ok but you said 86 has always been good enough to win the league

It has every team who has got 86 points in the league have won it, Chelsea did not have to beat themselves to win it.

Read your edit now jamespp.

Yes the silly draws do grate when you start to think about them for any amount of time. But we never looked convincing when at the top, i don't think that belief was there. So say we beat Spurs, or beat Stoke, i genuinely think those points would have been lost elsewhere.

The hope now is that the run we've put on since being put in a "do or die" scenario has thought the players and management a lot of things. We can bloody well play.

Yes the silly draws do grate when you start to think about them for any amount of time. But we never looked convincing when at the top, i don't think that belief was there. So say we beat Spurs, or beat Stoke, i genuinely think those points would have been lost elsewhere.

The hope now is that the run we've put on since being put in a "do or die" scenario has thought the players and management a lot of things. We can bloody well play.

18-4, the stat we've boasted about to them for nearly 2 decades is almost theirs.

That's hard to take. But begrudging respect to them for almost achieving it. I never thought any club would match us but those horrible bastards have almost managed it.

That needs to serve as inspiration for the team. Don't let them overtake us, the arrogance of their plastic fans of how they're the 'biggest' club in the world will become insufferable if they surpass our records.

Thing is, we may well get 86 points, and lose the league by 6 points! That's a pretty decent return, and would often be enough to win the league. Although the mancs have played pretty ordinary football much of the time, the points total speaks for itself.

Sorry coop, but your coment about "its not as bad as you think" quite frankly grates on me.

Its as bad as it gets for me Coop.

Fucking sums those gobshites up.

"Are you watching Merseyside?" as they're on the verge of winning an 18th League title.

The biggest small club in the world.

It fucking furiates me because they don't deserve the success they've had.

They do though, the whole machine is pushing in one direction to win the league every season, like we used to.

Sadly for too long we havent been like that.