You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's Thursday and it's Amanda Harrington's column in the Echo...

Kopite

She's a goodlooking woman alright and I'd love to take her out for dinner, however if her brains were cotton wool there wouldn't be enough to make a tampon for a budgie.

Why would you like to take her out to dinner if she's as dumb as fuck? Might there be an ulterior motive?

That six in the City is massively gay, the boxing reporter is one of my brothers mates and is a decent guy but the column comes across as really pretentious and one other guy just rants about pointless shite like the price of train tickets going up 25p.

Her column is funny though, its basically just this every week:

Hiya!

Yesterday I was busy all day in Cricket trying on their latest Dolce & Gabbana £3500 cocktail dresses, this took the majority of the day, only stopped briefly for lunch at the Mosquito. I know the owner and he knocked £3200 off our dresses, nightime we went to the Newz bar for a fashion show and got to meet celebrities such as Kev Seed, Pete Price, Herbert and Dean Sullivan who used o be in Brookside. Anyway, need to get some kip because I'm off to LA next week.

This week I'm loving: Jimmy Choos shoes, Margaritas and my new Chanel bikini

This week I'm hating: forgetting my facebook password and losing my mobile

That six in the City is massively gay, the boxing reporter is one of my brothers mates and is a decent guy but the column comes across as really pretentious and one other guy just rants about pointless shite like the price of train tickets going up 25p.

Her column is funny though, its basically just this every week:

Hiya!

Yesterday I was busy all day in Cricket trying on their latest Dolce & Gabbana £3500 cocktail dresses, this took the majority of the day, only stopped briefly for lunch at the Mosquito. I know the owner and he knocked £3200 off our dresses, nightime we went to the Newz bar for a fashion show and got to meet celebrities such as Kev Seed, Pete Price, Herbert and Dean Sullivan who used o be in Brookside. Anyway, need to get some kip because I'm off to LA next week.

This week I'm loving: Jimmy Choos shoes, Margaritas and my new Chanel bikini

This week I'm hating: forgetting my facebook password and losing my mobile

Flawless, that IS her column!

HIYAA

My Popular Front goes on vote trail

Jun 19 2008 by Amanda Harrington, Liverpool Echo

IT WAS Father’s Day on Sunday so happy Father’s Day to my dad! I haven’t had the chance to catch up with him yet with everything that’s going on but as soon as I’m home I will. Savannah spent a couple of days with her dad and we picked him out some really nice presents!

Last weekend I went out in Manchester for my birthday. We went to a new club called Relish and had a great night. Everyone carried on the partying but I had to go home for 4am to catch my flight

to London for the OK! magazine party on Sunday.

Lulu performed and so did Peter Andre. They were both really good. The party was full of people from Big Brother and The X Factor. I had to leave before the end because I had an early start the next morning campaigning in Henley.

We’ve spent most of the week campaigning in Henley. I’ve had lots of fun and got loads of good feedback from the local people. Yesterday we did another photoshoot on another boat. Louise Cole, the other candidate, and I got dressed up in jackets and hats and had to sit in a little rowing boat on the river. The boat was wobbling around all over the place and I thought I was going to fall in! Luckily we held on.

After that, we did two radio interviews for local stations where we talked about our policies and what we’d do if we were elected. They also asked us questions about the area to see how much we knew and we got them all right! We also went to a local RAF base to make the servicemen smile.

This weekend a few of my friends are coming down from Liverpool to help us campaign. I’m looking forward to seeing them and hoping the charm of the Scouse accent will help me get lots of votes.

The people of Henley have been really friendly to me and it’s a beautiful place with lovely restaurants and cute little places all by the river. It’s really olde-worlde and I love it.

Tonight we’re going to a comedy night and the performers know Louise and I are coming so I hope they’re not going to take the mickey out of us too much, particularly not me and my accent.

We’ve got a few local events coming up this weekend, fairs and fetes and things like that, which will be great because there will be loads of people there.

THIS WEEK I’M LOVING

Rowing a boat on the river – we went on a really sunny day and it was lovely.

Chicken Caesar salads – I’ve lived on these all week.

Green tea – best thing ever for your skin.

THIS WEEK I’M HATING

Not having Sky television – I know I’m sad but I love all the soaps!

Glamour Girls coming to an end – the last episode was out last week and I missed it.

My Popular Front goes on vote trail - Liverpool Echo.co.uk

Good Grief.

"Lulu performed and so did Peter Andre. They were both really good. The party was full of people from Big Brother and The X Factor. I had to leave before the end because I had an early start the next morning campaigning in Henley."

Summs up modern society perfectly.

What an absolute cunt, I'd like to say "Hiya!" while shotgunning her in the tits with my haute couture pump-action Winchester.

• 1 month later...

Bump*

Just clearing away the papers today and notice lovely Amanda's groundbreaking column in Thursday's Echo.

She says she has to go to a manicurist in Maghull because she can do her nails within 30 minutes because "she's too busy"

The rest of her column just goes on about shopping in the Met Quarter, Cricket and doing lunch at Piccolino's. She then has a rant about two people impersonating her on Facebook, one person confessed after she threatened him via a solicitor and the other is "still at large". I wish I was as busy as her.

Her column is just so funny because it is so unintentionally so.

After the "Beauty Party" stunt she thinks she's a modern-day Emmeline Pankhurst.

It was a gimmick love.

As Section says - this sums up what is wrong with modern society.

Her column is just so funny because it is so unintentionally so.

After the "Beauty Party" stunt she thinks she's a modern-day Emmeline Pankhurst.

It was a gimmick love.

As Section says - this sums up what is wrong with modern society.

Thing is, loads of girls reading it will probably think she is someone to aspire to. Some thick bitch I worked with once said Alex Curran was "dead clever, she's got her own column in the Mirror an' everythin".

Thing is, loads of girls reading it will probably think she is someone to aspire to. Some thick bitch I worked with once said Alex Curran was "dead clever, she's got her own column in the Mirror an' everythin".

Good grief.

By definition Steven Gerrard must be really, really clever then.

After all he has his "column" in... (stop it now...)

Mate I tell you what made me fucking flip last week, the old girl had Richard and Judy on and they were interviewing Jordan. She'd just 'produced' a new book and said that some of the people at a recent book award ceremony were 'really snotty' with her.

And then she said, without even so much as a smirk "I may not myself personally write the books but they're all me."

I mean WHAT THE FUCK! This is the kind of 'creature' most 11 year old girls hold up as a role model!!!! If I was a writer and some vacuous twat like this tried to shake my hand at the booker prize awards I'd twat her around the head with a cricket bat and then jump on her tits until they exploded.

When you walk around town these days, you realise that everyone thinks they're famouse, people genuinely think they're being watched by a camera, I'm convinced of it, and yet they don't realise that by actually adopting that lifestyle, they are effectively weak-minded fools.

I personally feel that these people aren't actually sentient in the truest sense of the word.