You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's Thursday and it's Amanda Harrington's column in the Echo...

Kopite

Those two highlights pretty much sum the bint up.

She admires Kelly Rowland because she still found time to talk to here even though she didn't know who the fuck she was, while this Harrington slapper probably give it the female Alan Partridge treatment everytime someone tries to smile at her in the Met Quarter.

"A bit of fame and fortune" what, you mean an international pop star? A GENUINELY famous person, unlike you and your Alma De Cuba-going orange cunt mates?

Doesn't like French food either.

"And what kind of wine would Madame like?"

"eeeeeeeeeeeerm, do you do Blossom Hill?"

The Echo should pull this column, it's doing serious cultural damage, Amanda Harrington is replicating in the style of agent Smith from the matrix, Liverpool is now overflowing with Amanda Harringtons, vacuous, orange, talentless scumholes who think they're the reincarnation of Maralyn Monroe.

I'd like to get them all in a basketball court somewhere and beat them hard with a roled-up copy of Dan Dare.

neo_smithx300.jpg

Quality rant at the end, mate.

• 2 weeks later...

My heart is where new home is

Sep 4 2008 by Amanda Harrington, Liverpool Echo

YOU may have noticed last week I didn’t write my column. I got food poisoning the previous Saturday – the second time I’ve had it this year!

There is nothing worse. I went for a meal in a new restaurant for a friend’s birthday and I was eating seafood. I don’t normally order fish, but I felt like a change. I won’t be doing that again anytime soon, though!

I’ve also been really busy house-hunting the past few weeks. I’ve had non-stop viewings, but I think we have just found the perfect place.

When you look at so many places you start to get confused as to what you’re looking for and what you had your heart set on seems to change as you go along. But when you find the right place you know straight away as soon as you walk in.

I’ve fallen in love with this place; it’s in a lovely area outside of Liverpool, it’s really big and has lots of land around it. It’s behind massive gates so it’s very secure and secluded and it’s in a lovely little village. I can’t wait to move, so hopefully I’ll be in there in the next couple of weeks.

The kids have gone back to school this week as well. I’m glad to be back in a routine. It’s a killer getting up at 7am again but it’s so much better and you get so many more hours in the day to get everything done.

This week I have had lots of emails from people asking about the bikini I was wearing in the picture of me on holiday in St Tropez. It is by Michael Kors and I got it in a boutique in Marbella called El Corte Ingles.

Also this week I feel really sorry for Jade Goody after reading a few papers.

I can’t believe they would say she is lying about having cancer for a publicity stunt.

I know she can be a bit of a desperado when it comes to being in the press, but saying she is lying about having cancer is disgusting!

This week I’m loving:

Solange Knowles’ new album – It must be hard trying to live up to her sister Beyonce because she is such a hard act to beat, but Solange isn’t far behind. Her new album is great!

The Fashion Show – I’m really looking forward to Abbey Clancy’s new show on ITV2. I like Abbey, she’s a really nice girl who’s done really well for herself. I’m also excited about the new series of Desperate Housewives, it’s one of my favourites on TV.

Stevie Wonder in concert – I’m going to see the I Just Called To Say I Love You singer in London on the 10th. I can’t wait!

This week I’m hating:

Big Brother nearly finishing – I couldn’t get into it at the beginning but lately I’ve been addicted. I’m glad Pachaya has gone, she was the most annoying housemate ever!

Also this week I feel really sorry for Jade Goody after reading a few papers.

I can’t believe they would say she is lying about having cancer for a publicity stunt.

This week I’m hating:

Big Brother nearly finishing – I couldn’t get into it at the beginning but lately I’ve been addicted. I’m glad Pachaya has gone, she was the most annoying housemate ever!

Fucking hell, she's like a caricature of modern life this bird. She's got a soft spot for Goody because they're cut from the same cloth the stupid bint.

How is this a fucking column? On Monday I went to a pub but I got a bad tummy, then on Turesday I had a big shit hahaha! This week I'm loving: Not being dead, I'm hating: The weather boooo! cold!

I've fleetingly tuned into Big Brother, mainly because I put a tenner on with the missus every week on the evictions to prove that watching it 5 days a week doesn't mean you're better then somebody who doesn't watch that useless shit, I'm currently 40 quid up so I'm a winner. There has never been anybody in that house named "Pachaya". I would know as her going would have seen me out of pocket a tenner.

Lets have a read then. It may inspire me to the same.

I sent it through an email form on the Echo site but the gist was that I suspected she was 'friendly' with someone high up in TrinityMirror, and asked whether Boris Johnson and Kelvin MacKenzie were her editors because the Echo seem hell bent on reinforcing every negative stereotype this city is trying to cast off.

Bastards. I bet they don't reply.

I sent it through an email form on the Echo site but the gist was that I suspected she was 'friendly' with someone high up in TrinityMirror, and asked whether Boris Johnson and Kelvin MacKenzie were her editors because the Echo seem hell bent on reinforcing every negative stereotype this city is trying to cast off.

Bastards. I bet they don't reply.

Very good. And if she isn't 'friendly' with some senior official I will buy a hat and then eat it.

You're right, they won't reply; or if they do it'll be some patronising standard letter that they send to everyone who makes a complaint.

And there's me thinking 'El Corte Ingles' is the Spanish version of fucking Debenhams. You thick thick slapper. She must think all Liverpudlians are as ignorant as her.

If I learned anything from 5 years of Spanish classes its that "El Corte Ingles" literally translates into the "English Quarter". And they have them in every city. By visiting them I know for a fact they are far from fucking boutiques. They're a fucking shopping centres with a Mickey D's and everything.

Thick bint.

If I learned anything from 5 years of Spanish classes its that "El Corte Ingles" literally translates into the "English Quarter". And they have them in every city. By visiting them I know for a fact they are far from fucking boutiques. They're a fucking shopping centres with a Mickey D's and everything.

Thick bint.

Exactamundo (or is it Exactamente)

After learning English she should ahopt a new lifestyle, possibly change from hanging off celebrities arse hairs to becoming an Islamic extremist. And I hope they give her the biggest fucking plane full of gas leaks and lighters to fly into the worlds biggest bomb factory. The oompa loompa tart would probably miss and land in the sea saving everyone on board, and become a hero.

Its bound to happen.

Tell you what, Rihanna looks well tasty in her new video, don't know what that's got to do with this like.

Still, gotta love it when someone's famous for a reason, unheard of these days in the UK.

Argh yes, the days when you had to have talent to be famous.

Talent - RIP & YNWA.