You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Star Trek - The Shit, or Just Shit?

madstock

Star Trek  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Star Trek

• Klingon? Klinkers more like it - it is SHIT
    • Full power to.. yeah, whatever - Star Trek is THE SHIT (in a good way)

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

As would the trans character!

Really decent episode again, some subtle stuff in there. And some not so subtle stuff. It’s just good Star Trek. 7 episodes and no duds. Some better than others but all very much decent. 

I was wondering why I was thinking "hmm,  ladydick!" all a flutter in this heatwave.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Watched the first three episodes of Strange New Worlds.

Now that's what am mu'fuckin' talkin' bout.

Yes. Yea it is. We are 8 episodes in now and they’ve all been pretty much of a similar level. This latest one is splitting opinion. Some people, most, are ‘that is 10/10 amazing’. Some are ‘OMG that’s bizarre, silly and weird’. I liked it, but it was bizarre and silly but that’s Trek. 

Good news is S2 is finished filming , will be in post production until next year I think. Those in the know say ‘if you liked S2, S2 will blow your socks off’. But they would say that. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

DS9 is being removed from Netflix, shame I liked putting on a random episode now and again. 

Probably because Paramount+ has launched in the UK. 6.99 but there’s a bit of a fudged launch. There’s no 4K and no HDR yet. Which is ridiculous, considering the US has it for the few shows that were shot at that level. There’s a 7 day free trial though. I might have a look what they’ve got on there, because I’m not even sure if they have all the Star Trek. Picard is on Amazon for example. Oh, and only the first few episodes of SNW are up on there. Twats. 

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Probably because Paramount+ has launched in the UK. 6.99 but there’s a bit of a fudged launch. There’s no 4K and no HDR yet. Which is ridiculous, considering the US has it for the few shows that were shot at that level. There’s a 7 day free trial though. I might have a look what they’ve got on there, because I’m not even sure if they have all the Star Trek. Picard is on Amazon for example. Oh, and only the first few episodes of SNW are up on there. Twats. 

Paramount via Sky has ST:TOS, TNG, DSN, Voyager, Enterprise, Discovery and Strange New Worlds which Im enjoying. They dont have Picard.

Bit weird as only the first 3 episodes of SNW are currently available. Expecting them to host the next 3 soon. All episodes of the other series are available.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Paramount via Sky has ST:TOS, TNG, DSN, Voyager, Enterprise, Discovery and Strange New Worlds which Im enjoying. They dont have Picard.

Bit weird as only the first 3 episodes of SNW are currently available. Expecting them to host the next 3 soon. All episodes of the other series are available.

So this is a new thing to my brain. I haven’t subbed to sky in, I dunno, 20 years. I assume they have that on demand via their own service or something? 

What I heard was SNW was going to be 3 up front then 1 per week. Did you watch any SNW yet? 

8 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

So this is a new thing to my brain. I haven’t subbed to sky in, I dunno, 20 years. I assume they have that on demand via their own service or something? 

What I heard was SNW was going to be 3 up front then 1 per week. Did you watch any SNW yet? 

If you have Sky Cinema, Paramount+ is free else it's 7 quid a month. I just renewed all my Sky including multiroom for 64 quid a month for 18 months down from a non contract 96 quid, before they announced Paramount so that was a nice surprise to find this was included.

All the Paramount programmes are downloaded to the Sky HD+ box although I think Sky Glass and Q are slightly different.

Yes, watched the first 3 episodes of SNW. Enjoyed them a lot, much more like 'old' Trek.

22 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Finally got around to watching DS9 on Netflix, after years of meaning to. Had seen the first few series years ago but not the last couple 

Finished S3 last night, now just read here it is being taken off. Bollocks

That's where it starts getting good too, well season 3 really. But six and seven especially are monumentally good TV. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Finally got around to watching DS9 on Netflix, after years of meaning to. Had seen the first few series years ago but not the last couple 

Finished S3 last night, now just read here it is being taken off. Bollocks

Full box set on eBay for a decent price. 

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

That's where it starts getting good too, well season 3 really. But six and seven especially are monumentally good TV. 

Only restarted from season 3, as suggested on here. Blitzed it in a week, but now concerned it will get pulled before I finish. 

5 hours ago, skend04 said:

Good episode again, loved the whole Aliens/Predator vibe. Think next week is the season finale.

It was really well done. I mean, it wasn't very 'Star Trek' to be honest, and it was very derivative, but there were some really good bits and the way it was directed was good. Most people seem to have loved it but those who don't, as usual, are out in force. 

3 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Just found this;

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/1-month-free-paramount-trial-using-code-3956938

Use code SHORE to get a free 1 month trial of Paramount+ (instead of the usual 7 days)

Ooh. Ta will use this next week once ep 10 is available, then can binge all 10 over a few days 

• Upvote 1

Indeed it was ace. Shades of Alien and Predator, in that episode. Very tense at times which is a good step change from the previous week 

On the previous episode  - as typically left field as ST can get, I’m glad they found a way to get rid of the doctors daughter story line. Ann Frank in space was getting tedious and pointless.