You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Nightbreed - It sounded like something I'd really enjoy, but it was pretty average stuff. Hellraiser was much better. I dunno what Clive Barker's books are like, but a lot of his films sound better than they are - 6/10

Forget the movies. The first Hellraiser is good, second one OK, ropey thereafter. Nightbreed, again, just OK.

Read Books of Blood. Fucking scary shit. Movie is bollocks though.

In all fairness Nightbreed was completely butchered by the studio, nearly 50 minutes ended up on the cutting room floor. Recently the full 150 minute cut has been playing at festivals and is supposed to be released some time next year. The theatrical release got rid of a lot of Decker's (Cronenberg) back story and didn't show his murders.

The 'Cabal' cut is supposed to be a lot better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Watched 127 hours for the 1st time.  It was really good. What could have been a boring subject apart, obviously, from the conclusion, was in fact handled very well. (tee hee 'handled')  The actual arm cutting scene is hard to watch.  Even thinking about it now turns my stomach.

8.7/10

The Four Year Plan (QPR documentary) - Decent watch, that Flavio is nuts. Wanted the names of the people who booed him or he would sell the club and called Warnock a fucking idiot after one bad result when they were flying. Them fiery Italians provided some laughs and there's even music by Tame Impala but I'd like to have seen a bit more on the sackings and even perhaps some interviews with the players during the madness. God knows who was advising these guys though, some of the managers they employed were garbage 6.5/10

Forget the movies. The first Hellraiser is good, second one OK, ropey thereafter. Nightbreed, again, just OK.

Read Books of Blood. Fucking scary shit. Movie is bollocks though.

I've added it to my Amazon list chief. Sounds like something I'd enjoy. I haven't got around to watching Hellraiser 2 yet, got the first 3 for a couple of quid and enjoyed the first, just haven't bothered to check the others out yet. 

In all fairness Nightbreed was completely butchered by the studio, nearly 50 minutes ended up on the cutting room floor. Recently the full 150 minute cut has been playing at festivals and is supposed to be released some time next year. The theatrical release got rid of a lot of Decker's (Cronenberg) back story and didn't show his murders.

I'll mebs check it out. When I read the synopsis I was expecting something great, sounded right up my street but found myself bored through most of it. 

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised at the high marks so many have given to Argo, I found it very disappointing and totally lacking in any tension and suspense, I'd have given it 6 out of 10 max.

I have enjoyed a few other films recently however.

Rush - 8 out of 10 - very enjoyable, I always liked what James Hunt was about and the film was a good representation of the rivalry between nim and the ruthless determination of Lauda. Good performances from both Hemsworth and especially Brühl, Lauda's comeback from his horrendous crash and injuries was pretty inspiring.

Captain Philips - 8 out of 10 - I can take or leave Tom Hanks, but I thought he was excellent in this. A good eye opener into the world of Somali pirates. The tension built briliantly and the way the film captured the caustrophobia on the life boat was excellent. I'd agree with those who have siad it was possibly 15 to 20 minutes too long and knocked off a point becuase of that.

Zera Dark Thirty - 8 out of 10 - I really enjoyed it, I was always fascinated by the hunt and then killing of Bin Laden, so I think I was always going to enjoy this, and it didn't let me down.

Thor: The Dark World - 7 out of 10 - Typical Marvel superhero film, not quite as good as the first Thor movie but enjoyable enough none the less. Tom Hiddlestone is impressive and surely destined for some big roles in Hollywood with their love of posh English men as their movie villains. Natalie Portman is just stunning. 

I'd still have Star Trek: Into Darkness as my movie of the year at this point, but looking forward to the second installment of The Hobbit which may take the top slot.

Killing me Softly 4 out of 10 pretty boring to be honest after a decent start, bit too much talking as well maybe the writer thinks he's Tarantino.... Sorry but you ain't.

Also disappointingly I thought that when Tony Soprano sorry James Gandolfini appeared was when it started to go downhill.

The Four Year Plan (QPR documentary) - Decent watch, that Flavio is nuts. Wanted the names of the people who booed him or he would sell the club and called Warnock a fucking idiot after one bad result when they were flying. Them fiery Italians provided some laughs and there's even music by Tame Impala but I'd like to have seen a bit more on the sackings and even perhaps some interviews with the players during the madness. God knows who was advising these guys though, some of the managers they employed were garbage 6.5/10

There's a Barcelona one as well that isn't as unintentionally funny but gives you a good insight into the workings of the club.

Deals with the Joan laporta period (having to turn around the massive debts, the first glut of signings like ronaldinho etc) which pretty much was the catalyst for the last few great Barcelona sides.

There's a Barcelona one as well that isn't as unintentionally funny but gives you a good insight into the workings of the club.

Deals with the Joan laporta period (having to turn around the massive debts, the first glut of signings like ronaldinho etc) which pretty much was the catalyst for the last few great Barcelona sides.

Think I remember seeing that on the BBC years back, mate. Was a good watch from what I remember.

Nightbreed - It sounded like something I'd really enjoy, but it was pretty average stuff. Hellraiser was much better. I dunno what Clive Barker's books are like, but a lot of his films sound better than they are - 6/10

"Mad bastards who'll rip off your head and shit down your neck." - like an ad for the GF.

Cheers for the heads up mate, I'd be very interested to see that.