You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Pacific Rim - 1/10. Absolutely fucking awful. I cringed through every single scene that involved one of the human characters.

Just fucking GRIM.

What?! It's terrific fun. How you can rate that so low and the miserable Man of Steel high is a crime against humanity. You've changed, bro. Scenes over here.

• Upvote 1

Midnight in Paris - Woody Allen movies aren't my favourite things but this was a really charming little movie. Good performance by Owen Wilson, proving that he can be good when he's not in shite like the Internship, and the rest of the cast was excellent too. Lovely movie, thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Filth

Went to see it yesterday.  Fuck me it is the grimmest film I have ever seen.  There is literally nothing happy or good about it.  It should be renamed grim.  It just so depressing it's hard to actually enjoy it.  This is despite McAvoy being exceptional in it.  Broadbent is also great as usual.

There's literally not a bad performance in it to be fair or anything specifically wrong with any of it really.  It's that the overall story is just gut-wrenchingly horrid from start to finish.

Pacific Rim - 1/10. Absolutely fucking awful. I cringed through every single scene that involved one of the human characters.

Just fucking GRIM.

Have to agree it's a terrible film.  Charlie Hunnam doesn't disappoint bringing his usual shit acting to the table.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It's really fun. It's really dumb too but it's bombastic, bright and full of robots fighting monsters. 1/10 my eye, Del Toro couldn't do a movie that bad if he tried.

And here is the crux of the matter

It's a piece of shit film but gets a pass off people because GTD directed it

If Zak Snyder or Michael Bay had directed it would get slated

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thor seems to be getting some good geek press. I've got it pencilled in for the weekend.

I'm with RK in not getting the Pacific Rim hate. Even the giant robots in it have more character than any human being in the Transformers films.

Man Of Steel.

-

The least comic book film you will ever see, truly an awful piece of work.

Superman is not a dark character, he's a little bitch in comic books. Yet, in this film (the awful) Zack Snyder has tried and failed horribly in doing this. Superman is meant to be a level headed hero who will always put the safety of the public first, yet in the fight scenes he seems to ignore this and doesn't give a second thought to flinging the villains into buildings filled with the innocent people...

I won't even bother discussing the Superman/General Zod fight (it's embarrassing)